• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

It happened; I'm emancipating.

NoEli6

Exactly what the title says. Y'all have been of huge help to me leading up to this, and though I've only really just started, I took the biggest first step. I had a conversation with my parents about it. It went almost as bad as I could have expected. They refuse to support me after I emancipate because they think I chose whatever comes to me. Things could get bad. I don't know what I'll do if I fail. This was a last-ditch effort at trying to survive, because everything has been so awful lately and dysphoria was nearly sending me over the edge. I don't know what I'll do if I can't emancipate, or if I can't get top surgery. Living expenses are going to be rough. I might need to move elsewhere, considering California's prices. I can use any kind of help. I think I might start a GoFundMe or some kind of fundraiser? Even if I can stay afloat without it, top surgery will definitely require the extra money.

If y'all could give me advice, moral support, resources, anything at all, I'd appreciate it endlessly. Thank y'all so much for how kind you've been so far, and wish me luck 💙

-Eli

• Admin

Check with the county up there.  CA has support and help problems for teenagers in your situation, including foster homes specifically for teenagers.  There are also programs for young people who have "aged out" of the foster care process.  Down here the Episcopal Churches and Metropolitan Community Churches run programs as well that can find you places to live.

darling find some safe supporters or community groups to help you so you may be able to remove yourself frk  from your current situation ..please

brace yourself but I hear no top surgery until after 2 years on hormones, which doesn't happen immediately with a good responsible therapist..but you want an informed choice

good luck dear

hugs