• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Life has gotten in the way of my transition, and it's been affecting me more than I thought.

MayeAngelo

I came out about two to three years ago when I was in an emotionally abusive situation. Finding out I was trans and realizing that transitioning was possible gave me so much more clarity and will power. The idea of becoming my true self and that actually being possible was a wake-up call and I started to actually care about my general health and appearance. 

When I came out to my mom, she was super supportive and didn't hesitate to set up an appointment with a therapist that can provide hrt. This was during the pandemic, and you can probably already guess that things didn't go as planned. I had to make multiple appointments and then I had to wait close to a year to be seen a third time where we could begin to actually discuss hrt and such. 

Due to the situation, I was in, I didn't exactly have a clear head, and I forgot to get a blood test before the third appointment. We couldn't continue because of this mistake, and it would take another long while before I could see the therapist again. I was deflated. I lost all of my motivation and I stopped going to the gym. I gained all of my weight back due to binge eating snacks and I just lost myself.

Now I'm in a better situation, but now I'm with my grandma and she isn't so supportive. My grandma was the one who raised me, and she thinks that my abusive situation is what caused me to prefer to "be more feminine" because the person that caused the abuse was a man that had the traits of a stereotypical "hyper-masculine" caricature.

Basically, she says that she's known me my whole life and it doesn't make sense to her why I'd feel this way, and despite multiple conversations, she doesn't seem to want to budge. 

For months this also deflated me, and I stopped transitioning.  Before those conversations, I ended up buying a tub full of makeup and skin care products, and also a wig off amazon (please help idk if this stuff is quality or not). And it's all been sitting in a drawer collecting dust for months now. 

I know that this is a huge post, but I typed all of that to say that despite everything that I described, not transitioning, even if it's something as small as not shaving my arms, has been absolute hell. I HATE HATE HATE my male characteristics, and I underestimated the power of gender dysphoria. 

I've felt the worst depression that I've ever felt in my entire life because the vision of my true self was taken away from me for just three months. I mean it was horrible before, constantly comparing myself to girls around me throughout childhood, but this is next level. 

I'm just curious if anyone has felt the same way or if my grandma is right in that I'm just equating other underlying issues to gender dysphoria?

• Admin

The good news is that if you read posts from almost all of the others you will find that while your story is YOURS, that the others have hit many of the same roadblocks and damage points.  Our goal here is to let you see that you are not alone in your journey and can have meaningful discussions with the others here.  Welcome to The Forums where you are truly welcome.

Thanks Vicky. It just feels as though more than ever that the world is trying to tell me that I'm crazy and that my feelings aren't real. I just felt that I just had to share my transition experience with somewhere that someone would actually somewhat understand.

• Admin
1 hour ago, MayeAngelo said:

I just felt that I just had to share my transition experience with somewhere that someone would actually somewhat understand.

That is what we speak here.  Life is not easy because our experiences are NOT something taught to us as young people and we are upsetting to the dreams and goals of our families and communities because they do not want to believe us.  Some day maybe that will change, but we must live life today and from that point on, just a day at a time. . 

I'm glad to be here, but I'm quite shy and it might take me a while to get used to talking to other people about these things in a space where I'm not the "odd one out" so to speak. I'm just so happy.

• Forum Moderator

Thank you for sharing that feeling.  As you describe it felt odd to write of feelings that i had hidden most of my life.  The process has helped me accept and grow comfortable in my own skin.  Just knowing others feel the same way helps in that process.

Hugs,

Charlize

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 281 Guests (See full list)

• Birdie
    • ClaireBloom
    • AmandaJoy
    • MaryEllen
    • Josie O.
    • Betty K
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

blakethetiredracc00n
    Newest Member
    blakethetiredracc00n

1. FullyHart
      FullyHart
    2. MariPosa
      MariPosa
      (65 years old)
    3. pechenezhka
      pechenezhka
      (17 years old)
    4. Rubycd
      Rubycd
      (59 years old)
    5. Yana
      Yana
      (31 years old)
    • ClaireBloom
      In my last session my therapist is starting to suggest that I need to start exploring my gender identity in a more tangible way through wearing feminine clothing at least during sessions.  I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around her seeing me actually en femme.   I love and trust her, but the thought of being visibly feminine is scaring (and thrilling) me.  Is this a common thing in gender therapy?  How do I get past the fear?  More importantly, what should I wear? 
    • Davie
      USA doctors denounce Cass Report, support trans folks.  The Endocrine Society And American Academy Of Pediatrics Respond To Cass, Reject Bans. In recent weeks, the Cass Review out of the United Kingdom has been used to argue for bans on care. The Endocrine Society and American Academy of Pediatrics respond, rejecting such arguments. —Erin Reed https://www.erininthemorning.com/p/endocrine-society-and-american-academy?publication_id=994764&post_id=144592467&isFreemail=true&r=rebf4&triedRedirect=true
    • Vidanjali
      Congratulations on your new family member!
    • Ashley0616
      I felt the urge to date and felt just like a teenager again. I have recorded my journal titled Ashley's Life From Start to Present. I was very moody and agitated and happy. I think it was my body's way of being in shock. After about two months it got better. Remember that you aren't the only one transitioning because your wife is too. Consider yourself lucky because I lost mine because of it and so have many others. Just enjoy the ride. 
    • Vidanjali
      Hello & welcome, Blake! It is indeed cool to be here. I've found support and a lots of genuine, good folks here. I hope you enjoy. Look forward to hearing more from you.
    • Ivy
      Welcome Blake
    • VickySGV
      Welcome to the Forums Blake!! 
    • blakethetiredracc00n
      Hi Im Blake, Im ftm and use he/they pronouns. I like Homestuck, Music and Gaming. Ive been out for about a year lol seems cool to be here! 
    • Mmindy
      I'm sorry for asking so many questions about your situation. I'm in your camp and believe you should be able to be whoever you feel you need to be. I guess it the Union Shop Stewart coming out in me. I want you to be treated fairly as well as respectably. You're human, you're a client of theirs. Especially if you're paying money to be there.   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Birdie
      I'm not sure the time frame.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Views, terminology, and aspects of how events came to be....aren't those directly related to the news item?  If not, I'm rather confused.
    • Ivy
    • VickySGV
      Second warning, this has gotten far and apart from the NEWS item that it started out with and is becoming a flat out battleground over political leanings and terminology. 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Welcome to Lefty Land.... a festive theme park full of sparkles and unicorns, a perfect place except for one evil orange dragon wearing a blond wig.    I'm always amazed at the "flexibility" of definitions.  One person's f@scist seems like a centrist to others.  One person's "moderate" looks to others like the 2nd coming of Fidel Castro.  A normal marriage a century or two ago is now a criminal offense, and relationships that used to be a criminal offense are now open, normal marriages.  Pedophiles now want to be called "minor attracted persons" and teenagers are now defined as children.  A Republican in NY or CA would be a Democrat just about anywhere else.  I'm certainly no advocate for relativism, these are just observations.    What I find interesting about this Australian candidate is the attitude that he shouldn't be allowed to run for office.  Why?  Just because his views are different, or even offensive?  Who makes that determination?  Can an election really be open and fair if it is barred to candidates who are not "politically correct?"  Here in the USA, we can openly have candidates who are f@scist or any other thing they want to be, no real restrictions aside from eligibility requirements related to age, location, citizenship, and criminal record.           
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      @Birdie You certainly have more patience than I do.  I don't take it well if I get scolded.  Either I sulk or I get nippish.    We had a good Mother's Day here yesterday.  Quite an event, since 4 of my partners are mothers.  GF enjoys it a lot, because she's very (excessively?) proud of having produced her 5 kids.  Her eldest starts school this fall.  Amazing how time flies...
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.