• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

About me 😁

JackieFromTheA

Trigger warning before we start, mention of suicide and drugs.

Hey yall, my name is Jackie. Im an 18 year old closeted trans girl from Atlanta, Georgia. I have always felt like a girl since I was little, but the feelings got more intense around when puberty started and have gotten stronger ever since. I was raised in a not so safe area on the southside of the metro, and that’s affected my outlook on everything with this (lots of self hate). I’ve tried to come out to my parents twice (well second time I was outed by a failed suicide attempt) and they’re really thick skinned about it. Not because they don’t support trans people, they’re just afraid for my safety. I never get the courage to talk with them any further about it, and they never bring it up with me; so we’ve been in sort of a silent standoff. Im scared of losing their love after everything they’ve done for me. Im also loosely involved with gangs, which makes the situation worse, along with my other problems (adhd, ptsd, drug usage, self harm, etc). I’m really just lookin for a place to get answers, learn to love myself, and get resources to help me figure out which path I need to go down. 😁

• Admin

Welcome to the Forums @JackieFromTheA.  All of what you have talked about has been and is talked about here, so dig in, read what others have written along the same lines, and feel at home here. 

6 hours ago, VickySGV said:

Welcome to the Forums @JackieFromTheA.  All of what you have talked about has been and is talked about here, so dig in, read what others have written along the same lines, and feel at home here. 

Thank you 😁

Dear Jackie,

I'm new here, too. So, hi there Jackie! I noticed that you are from Atlanta and metropolitan areas of that size generally have a lot of LGBTQ resources that others lack. For instance, the town I live in has no resources at all. Zero.

If I were you, I would do some research into whatever resources in your area are the best fit for you (say an LGBTQ youth center, they could also help get you connected) and more. 

In the meantime, stay true to you and you will figure it out. After all, life is a journey. Good luck, Jackie. 😊   

@JackieFromTheA well you are definitely in the right place. Learning to love who you are is a big step towards self acceptance. I have had two failed suicide attempts so I can relate. It's a tough world out there and being in that big of a city can hurt and help at the same time. You will have access to more local LGBTQ resources than the majority of us have. I have the VA and the two friendly bars which I haven't been to yet but I'm going to one this weekend. For the parents it's hard for them too because they have known you as long as you lived and coming out is not easy for anyone. My Dad was quick to the point to call me a queer and won't talk to me. There wasn't even a discussion because he is set in his ways and won't educate himself on anything. My Mom on the other hand thinks I'm living in sin but told me that she still loves me and says it'll take time.