• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

heyy!! Im TaraNichole..

NicholeTara

hello im newer to this and sharing but its time to branch out.  ive tried on panties and lingerie and more secretly since i was young teen or maybe even 12 or so  idk honestly.  i basically suppressed it i suppose.  i played sports and was never the most feminine.  i had some girls and lived with one for close to a decade.  during that time during some rougher patchesi began exploring my sexuality.  since we broke up well over a decade ago ive explored in the closet with dressng and more.  ive hooked up and dated woman still and also other dressers, trans and some guys.  ive been told im bi, pan, gay and all sorts but i dont like labels and just think im attracted to people who interest me.  i guess thats pan, right?

no matter id like to learn to be more feminine and am thinking about starting estrogen.  not looking for them just seeing what others who had these feeling have to say as ive been pretty much going solo and stuck in my own head.  thanks  appreciate any advice or comments.  hopefully nice but whatever  im not for everyone and everyone certainly isnt for me

• Forum Moderator

Good morning and Welcome to Transgender Pulse Forums Nichole,

You're introduction sound like it's on the same track as many of us here. You don't have to know who you are or where you're going just yet. I had similar experiences when I was young, and didn't come out to my wife (married 47 years) until late 2019, in my early 60s. We're still married, and she's slowly accepting me as transgender. She knows more and shares more of her feeling in private, but is still uncomfortable being seen as a lesbian couple. Her worries aren't about how I'm perceived, but how she is seen.

Look around read the threads that interest you, comment with your opinions and experiences as you wish.

Best wishes, stay positive, and motivated.

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Admin

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Nichole.  Thanks for your introduction, and you are welcome to explore the forums and threads and ask whatever questions you have.  I would caution you to be slow about trying estrogen before you have a chat with a gender therapist, or at least a chat with a endocrinologist.  It is serious medicine with potential side effects, some of which may be permanent.

We'll be here if you need anything!

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Nichole Tara.  When i joined this site i had been exploring the world dressed for some time.  I wasn't necessarily planing on HRT but i did take the suggestion to see a GT.  That helped me immensely.  Over time i've grown to accept myself and have lost the fear that once held me in the closet.

You are not alone and we will help as we can.

Hugs,

Charlize

Hi Nichole Tara,

Having just seen a Doctor that mainly does Gender affirmation, I have realised that one factor they look for is support. Whether it be a therapist, family, friends or Transgender groups. I have made appointments with a Gender Therapist and have contacted a couple of Trans friendly support groups, as I am not ready to come out to family and friends yet. This forum is a great resource and will provide a lot of other people's experiences, but every one's journey is unique.

hugs

MaybeRob

hey thanks for all the support.  i have my reservations for sure.  i never did well with any type of therapist or doctors of certain types.  i suppose im not the most trusting.  im social but these things i generally just roll around in my own head.  partially i dont want to lose much more muscle but part of me does too.   im kinds bulky/muscular and enjoy that but also dont thin its very attractive.  i worked hard to transform to where im at to begin with really.  i was injured and sidelined for almost two years  i was over 300lbs now bout 200 and put tie in.  its a lot of change for an aging body.  though thats also why i kinda want to see how far i can take it

Welcome @NicholeTara! Glad you're here! I can relate to the questioning, not sure, but something is different than what I perceived as normal (Wow, it's amazing how my decades of loathing & self hate can now be described as questioning, not sure & not feeling normal!). I followed the suggestions people have given you, along with a workbook I found very helpful, You & Your Gender Identity by Dara Hoffman Fox, there are YouTube videos where they read it. Separating gender & sexuality, then putting sexuality on the "shelf" for a time as I looked at my gender was critical for me too. Wherever you find your journey exploring your gender taking you I hope you find the wonderful advice, support & acceptance here as I have!

Hugs!

Delcina