• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Routine Health Care May Be Blocked Because of Anti-Trans Health Care Laws

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

https://iowacapitaldispatch.com/2023/07/29/laws-banning-gender-affirming-treatments-can-block-trans-youth-from-receiving-other-care/

The unintended side effects of these health care blockades keep piling up. This is what happens when legislators use cookie cutter language to create laws, and lawmakers pass them w/o thinking or even reading the legislation.

Carolyn Marie

Most of the GOP legislators have no desire for their laws to be easy to interpret.  Any confusion is an advantage as it succeeds in scaring the providers away from providing any care.

The goal is not really "protecting" children, it is our eradication - as has been openly stated.  If passing a law for our imprisonment or execution was actually constitutional, some would do it and most would go along.  There.  I've said it.

• Forum Moderator

I don't know where these sick politicans got their medical licenses but wherever it was they never learned the "do no harm" part of the medical creed.

Hugs,

Charlize

9 hours ago, Ivy said:

Most of the GOP legislators have no desire for their laws to be easy to interpret.  Any confusion is an advantage as it succeeds in scaring the providers away from providing any care.

The goal is not really "protecting" children, it is our eradication - as has been openly stated.  If passing a law for our imprisonment or execution was actually constitutional, some would do it and most would go along.  There.  I've said it.

The goal is power.  Absolute power, if possible.  This is just one facet of the encroachment of the state on everybody's right to medical choice and privacy. 

They want to force you to take whatever vaccines you're told to take.  They want to force you to eat or not eat whatever you're told to.  You're not supposed to question, and definitely don't mind that...Soylent Green is made from people. They send men with guns to take your kids away if you try to opt out.  HIPAA is a joke, because the government can look at whatever they want, but when you need a family member to help you make decisions and pay bills, then they are prevented from doing so.  Pay the system, don't complain, don't stand up, don't remember that things used to be affordable, and definitely don't mention the un-elected "officials" who make hundreds of thousands (or millions) per year.  Don't talk about how they are unaccountable (and immune from prosecution) for untold numbers of deaths caused by bad drugs and vaccines, and eat filet mignon while you go without essential medicine.

Yep, just another day under the New World Order.  🙄 

1 hour ago, Ivy said:

That was a jump.

Well, perhaps... 😏  But I see this issue as one piece of a whole.  The constant struggle between good and evil, liberty vs oppression, average people vs powerful people, etc...  You were quite right to mention the word "eradication," as that's a big theme across human history. 

I'm happy that my government provides:

-Free school meals for all

-In-state tuition and aid for undocumented students

-Funding for free community college

-Free calls for people who are incarcerated

-Expanded eligibility for ConnectorCare coverage

-Big infusion of funding into the MBTA via Fair Share

-Big increases in funding for education and early education and childcare

And last, but not least,

-Language allowing pharmacists to prescribe and dispense hormonal contraceptives

9 minutes ago, Davie said:

I'm happy that my government provides:

This in the USA?

Also, we are pleased to announce that in the current FY24 Fiscal MA Legislature's Budget, $125,000 was included to fund a State-wide virtual senior center for LGBTQ+ adults.

World of difference here.  

In NC the legislature is working on reducing our rights and medical care for youth.

14 hours ago, Ivy said:

World of difference here.  

In NC the legislature is working on reducing our rights and medical care for youth.

In the long run I believe the minority anti-trans forces will lose to a rising tide of acceptance and understanding. This website is one of those things, but it's not alone. Take care, I send a prayer. 💜