• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Gender Therapy tomorrow!

MaybeRob

Well, I have been very anxious this week, so I decided to give the Therapists office a call and get on the cancellation list.

It paid off and I have an appointment tomorrow at 11 am. First on the agenda is getting the assessment done for ability to 

make a decision due to my memory issues which the GP wanted. Its just a byproduct of the anxiety that I suffer from IMO.

Then I have a written list of traumatic events in my life - the GP seemed to think that I'd had "A lot of trauma" - as I struggle to list them all 

always missing a few. (15 major events). The next appt in on the 10/8 (or 8/10 in US format). It will be the 2nd time ever that I have told anyone on ALL 

these events.

Hugs

MaybeRob

Ohh and I may have come across this Therapist in my work life - I did associate with a lot of Psych's.

MaybeRob

Good luck @MaybeRob!! I think that once you get the first session under your belt it will be easier to "rip off the bandage" so to say. For me, I just gushed right from the start - decades of pent up depression and guilt just flowed out. Just know that we are with you in spirit.

One bit of advice bring plenty of Kleenex tissue, after starting my first session the tears just started to flow in a cathartic release of years of pent up emotion and frustration. Good luck.

• Forum Moderator

@MaybeRob Congratulations on your braveness and good luck.

Hugs

Ty All 

I must admit I'm both relieved and terrified at the same time. I just hope I can open up.

Hugs

MaybeRob

Yes, tissues!!!! I still keep some handy and it's been almost 8 months since I started therapy. I have a session today and then we plan on going to every other week instead of weekly. I've come to really look forward to my sessions - you'll get there, too, Rob!!!

Relax, yank off that bandage and let it all go!!! You will be amazed at how cathartic it will be.

@April Marie

I'm restricted by finances on how many appointments I can book. I do get some back on Medicare for 10 visits (per year?)

The Dr I am seeing deals with Trauma, Ptsd and gender issues - unfortunately all 3 are relevant. 

Hugs

MaybeRob 

5 minutes ago, MaybeRob said:

@April Marie

I'm restricted by finances on how many appointments I can book. I do get some back on Medicare for 10 visits (per year?)

The Dr I am seeing deals with Trauma, Ptsd and gender issues - unfortunately all 3 are relevant. 

Hugs

MaybeRob 

I completely understand. Do what you can - take advantage of the time you have. I know how expensive it can be.

@claire1000 and @April Marie

You called it - tissues were needed. 

First therapist I have opened up fully to, she was very easy to talk to. Sadly, I could only book my next appointment in November - fully booked till then. Seems I have forged a connection between my doctor and therapist as they are both rare as working in gender issues.

I am on the cancellation list for after 15th August, when my next GP appointment is. 

Hugs

MaybeRob

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 136 Guests (See full list)

• Ladypcnj
    • Susan R
    • Birdie
    • KathyLauren
    • Petra Jane
    • Lydia_R
    • Maddee
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Sdelong
    Newest Member
    Sdelong

1. Billie75B
      Billie75B
      (67 years old)
    2. Chloe Cloud
      Chloe Cloud
      (32 years old)
    3. Hannah Emma
      Hannah Emma
      (41 years old)
    4. Joan Arbour
      Joan Arbour
      (77 years old)
    5. Liz B
      Liz B
      (49 years old)
    • Susan R
      You want to hear coincidence? I just posted that and my neighbor just texted me and said she has been up early because there were Northen Lights outside. Then 2 seconds later I get an extreme weather alert. “We are experiencing Extreme Geomagnetic conditions observed and continued severe geomagnetic storms expected to continue through the weekend”.
    • KathyLauren
      No you aren't!!  There were reports from Texas, Arkansas and the Carolinas of spectacular shows last night.  This is a once-in-a-lifetime event, the best show since 1938, someone said.  Tonight is supposed to be just as good.  (OK, maybe a twice-in-a-lifetime event.  )
    • Susan R
      @KathyLauren That’s absolutely beautiful. Love those colors! That would be so nice to see some time. I’m too far South to ever see these spectacular events.   Very Nice, Susan R🌷
    • Susan R
      Welcome @AmandaJoy, It’s a pleasure to have you join us here on the forum. It does seem much easier to suppress this understanding of ourselves until one day, it’s not. It all suddenly hits you like a ton of bricks. Those puzzle pieces all suddenly seem to fit and there’s no going back. Like you, I waited until I felt there was no other choice. It was now or never! Never having the opportunity to be myself in this world was not going to be an option.   Words of wisdom there. Many of us try to make up for lost time or try to get results faster than a cis puberty but it just doesn’t work that way as you’ve learned. It’s difficult waiting for the changes but the good news…eventually you’ll experience many of them and the joys that come with those changes are wonderful and exciting. But like most good things, they take time. And sometimes it’s helpful things don’t happen overnight. Especially if you have others that need time to adjust to your physical and emotional changes.   I wish you the best on your continuing journey wherever that may lead you. I think you’ll enjoy this forum as there are great resources, advice, and people here that make it what it is. Hope to see you around.   Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷
    • KathyLauren
      I enjoyed my Saturday moka-pot coffee this morning while doing something I love: processing astronomy images.  I didn't stay up late to watch last night's spectacular aurora, but my all-sky camera did, taking pictures every minute.    
    • Susan R
      Trans Group Zoom Meeting Later Today!!   I’m a little later than usual getting this posted for this week’s Zoom Meet-up. This is an open invitation for members here to get together with others from our community. These meetings can last up to 4 hours or longer. Come when you can and leave whenever you want. The start times are listed below.   Trans Group Zoom Meeting Times: May 11, 2024 6:00 PM Pacific Time May 11, 2024 8:00 PM Central Time May 12, 2024 11:00 AM Australia/Melbourne   If you’re a member of our community, 18 or over and need a Zoom Link, Message me as soon as possible. I will try to get you a link ASAP.   Susan R🌷  
    • Willow
      Good morning.    I did not try to see the sky last night.  We watched tv and went to bed.  Cooler but dry this weekend it was 58 when I got up this morning.  Sorry Kymmie, no chance of white rain here. Although there is always a chance of hail.  Fortunately, the storms stayed west of us and dropped their golf all size hail elsewhere.  I do feel bad for the people that got the hail as that was in a poorer part of the state.   Even the county we live in is quite large and has socioeconomic issues that range from wealth to below poverty.  Very few good middle class jobs and a number of them are closing their doors every year.  Most workers are some way connected to hospitality and travel.  We are beginning to see some internet based jobs as the latest under sea internet cables to South America and other places are coming ashore here.  But they are not connected yet.  We have a rail line but it stops at the innercoastal waterway. The bridge was damage in a hurricane and there just wasn’t enough traffic to justify Corman spending the money to fix it.  So it is permanently in the raised position.     @awkward-yet-sweet I’m glad you got to spend some downtime away from the every day at home.  I can’t imagine how a household that large operates.  And I do think you deserve an upgraded commercial kitchen.  But,  you wouldn’t all be able to live together if you spent money buying new to you things instead of fixing the old with so much talent at home.   Well, I hope to spend time creating the outline of my paper today.  I’m sure I will have to refine it a couple of times before it is completed.   enjoy your weekend    willow    
    • Birdie
      A Lynyrd Skynard tee with cut outs, a pink button up blouse over it and my hot pink bra under it.    Below I'm wearing black tights and my Capris. 
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      We all have a hurt inner child, do you ever comfort that child and say it will be protected?
    • Heather Shay
      Working with internal Shay with love.
    • Heather Shay
      ELATION DEFINITION: In high spirits; a state of exhilaration
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.