• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Emotion of the day

Heather Shay

Borderline Personality Disorder: a personality disorder that is marked by unstable, intense emotions and mood with symptoms including instability in interpersonal relationships and self-image, fear of abandonment, and impulsive or unpredictable behavior and that has an onset during adolescence or early adulthood

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Ashley0616

• Ivy

• LaurenA

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Interest is a feeling or emotion that causes attention to focus on an object, event, or process. In contemporary psychology of interest, the term is used as a general concept that may encompass other more specific psychological terms, such as curiosity and to a much lesser degree surprise.

Biased: 

: exhibiting or characterized by bias

: tending to yield one outcome more frequently than others in a statistical experiment

: having an expected value different from the quantity or parameter estimated

• Forum Moderator
crav·ing
/ˈkrāviNG/
noun

1. a powerful desire for something.
  • Forum Moderator

Aesthetic appreciation or good taste is the ability to appreciate objective beauty. Aesthetic taste is influenced by many factors, such as personal or cultural background, familiarity, context, and expertise. Access to aesthetically interesting and valuable objects and environments can improve our well-being.

• Forum Moderator

Sadness is a common emotion sometimes caused by an event or loss. What you may be experiencing. Everyone feels sad sometimes. You may feel sad for different reasons. You may have experienced major life changes or disappointing events.

• Forum Moderator

I'm happy. Spring is here, and the flowering trees are starting to blossom. I'm seeing some green. It's beautiful!🪻

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf 🐾⚧️

• Forum Moderator
The idea is just to fully feel your emotions. Feel them physically/somatically in your body. Do not overthink them, not fix them or get lost in the story that ...

image.png

thrilled: extremely pleased and excited

• Forum Moderator

Worry refers to the thoughts, images emotions, and actions of a negative nature in a repetitive, uncontrollable  manner that results from a proactive cognitive risk analysis made to avoid or solve anticipated potential threats and their potential consequences

anxiety: 

: apprehensive uneasiness or nervousness usually over an impending or anticipated ill : a state of being anxious

medical : an abnormal and overwhelming sense of apprehension and fear often marked by physical signs (such as tension, sweating, and increased pulse rate), by doubt concerning the reality and nature of the threat, and by self-doubt about one's capacity to cope with it

b: mentally distressing concern or interest

: a strong desire sometimes mixed with doubt, fear, or uneasiness

: a cause of anxiety

• Forum Moderator
  • A sense of dread may be due to an abstractly internalized experience of external volatility called “disembedding”.
  • Free-floating anxiety can be lessened by increasing face-to-face contact, talking to people you trust, and seeking experiences of older times.
  • Free-floating anxiety can also be lessened by asking three quesitons: What brings order to my life? What adds meaning? What brings value?

post traumatic stress disorder:  a psychological reaction occurring after experiencing a highly stressing event (such as wartime combat, physical violence, or a natural disaster) that is usually characterized by depression, anxiety, flashbacks, recurrent nightmares, and avoidance of reminders of the event 

• Forum Moderator
Anticipation is an emotion involving pleasure or anxiety in considering or awaiting an expected event. Anticipatory emotions include fear, anxiety, .

image.png

• Forum Moderator

Disgust is an emotion. People feel it when they see, touch, hear, or taste something that they think is nasty or repulsive. It is also caused by scorn. For example, when one finds something dirty or not fit to eat. Levels of disgust vary based on cultural, religious, and personal backgrounds/experiences. Disgust can be deliberate as someone can do something on purpose to create this emotion.

• Forum Moderator

Love is a mix of feelings and actions that shows a deep liking for someone or something. Love involves caring for another. Romantic love can lead to things such as dating, marriage and sex, but a person can also feel for friends, such as platonic love, or family. There are also chemical reactions within the brain that can be triggered by the different types of love.

simplicity: 

: the state of being simple, uncomplicated, or uncompounded

: lack of subtlety or penetration : INNOCENCE, NAIVETÉ

: FOLLY, SILLINESS

: freedom from pretense or guile : CANDOR

: directness of expression : CLARITY

: restraint in ornamentation : AUSTERITY

• Forum Moderator

Calm is an adjective meaning peaceful, quiet; particularly used of the weather, free from wind or storm, or of the sea, opposed to rough. The word appears in French calme, through which it came into English, in Spanish, Portuguese and Italian calma.

enrage : to fill with rage : ANGER

• Forum Moderator

EXCITEMENT

The feeling when you expect something good or nice will happen to you. You cannot wait for it to happen.

You feel excitement when something very nice is about to happen. For example, when you are about to see a good friend who just returned from a year abroad, when you just received the keys for your new car, or when you are waiting in line for a thrilling rollercoaster ride. In each case, you are experiencing eagerness and impatience in expectation of the upcoming pleasant experience.

Excitement is more likely when the anticipated experience is both novel or unique and desirable. It is especially intense if you have been waiting for a long time to obtain the goal, or when excitement is shared with other people and the event makes you feel like you are part of something bigger.

envy: painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another joined with a desire to possess the same advantage

obsolete : MALICE

: an object of envious notice or feeling

• Forum Moderator

Nostalgia is an emotion. It is the feeling of enjoying events from the past. People with nostalgia will often look at or use old things that they were familiar with years ago. This is because people feel more connected to those past times that they enjoyed, usually because it reminds them of how long it has been since they last connected to such past times. Examples where people may have the feeling of nostalgia includes watching old TV shows, using old technology that was very enjoyable, and playing with toys that you played with as a child. These memories are usually misleading, and can make someone wish that they could be young again, even if their childhood was mediocre. Human brains often leave out boring or bad memories, which can cause incorrect feelings about their childhood.

bittersweet: especially : pleasure accompanied by suffering or regret