• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Pope Francis Blasts Conservative American Cardinals & Bishops

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

https://apnews.com/article/pope-francis-vatican-conservatives-abortion-us-bbfc346c117bd9ae68a1963478bea6b3

Interesting.  I have no great love for Pope Francis, but he is far and away a "better" Pope for the LGBT community, and for the faith, than most of the prior Popes.  The conservatives want to take the Church back to the 20th century and before.

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

Make that the 15th century.  I have some reading material from the 1500's on child rearing that will blister the paint off an old barn.

The current pope inherited very bad PR with widespread child abuse being exposed, and his challenge is to claw back some integrity. Unfortunately, this is counter to the conservative wave washing the world, led by the US. I hope conservative lunacy is stamped out before the US becomes a dystopian society. The conservative ideologies are almost all based on mistruths, and these need to be called out every time they go public. Any public servant actively deceiving the public is not fit for public office and there should be calls for their removal, and this should be similar for clergy (though this opens another can of worms..)

Hugs,

Allie

I predict a schism in the Catholic Church.  Perhaps Christianity in general.  There's a lot of Catholics in the USA with zero love for the current pope.  It has definitely created some discussion about the concept of papal infallibility, which has traditionally been a view held by the more conservative followers.  A confusing time for all.