• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Kansas Officials Say That Transgender Kansans Will Be Allowed to Vote

Carolyn Marie

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Carolyn Marie said:

How nice of those officials to allow transgender Kansans to exercise their right to vote.  Very big of them.

I couldn't have said it better!!

This is good for now.

I've been wondering how this will go in NC.  We have a voter ID law here now as well.  Doesn't seem why one's gender should have anything to do with voting.  But I'm sure there are people that would want to make an issue of it.

I can't believe what I'm reading in the news these past few years. I feel like I'm living in a sociopath's dream world.

These people are dragging us into a very dark present and future. If you know your history, humanity's been here many times before, including very recently (and currently). It doesn't end well! I'm sick of it!

• Admin
7 hours ago, RhondaS said:

"Trans people will be allowed to breathe in Kansas pending resolution of state law dispute"

LOL.  Never take anything for granted these days.

Carolyn Marie

9 hours ago, RhondaS said:

"Trans people will be allowed to breathe in Kansas pending resolution of state law dispute"

This and the actual article title sound like they're from The Onion (satirical newspaper in case anyone is familiar). Strange times... 

It strangely feels like a lot of news reports these past few years came from The Onion (hint, hint: since at least the 2016 primaries and election...hmmm...I wonder what happened then?).

Yeah, ya gotta have a lot of stupid nerve to play god like that—and as we know, that is the worst sin of all. Burn in hell, Those Officials!

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, Davie said:

Hey, I'm non-binary so I can vote twice!

Right after my name change that was tempting.  Vote early, vote often and please don't overlook those school board elections.

Hugs,

Charlize

I went to vote early yesterday.  I had to show ID, but wasn't questioned on it.  Turned out, as it is an off-year election here, and I don't live in town, there was nothing for me to vote on anyway - as I suspected.  But I wanted to try to see if they would give me any trouble.  They didn't.

I'm guessing there was some issue with voter ID in Kansas... like if you show up looking very male while your license says "female" they might have had an issue with that?  I wonder how much of this is actually about some folks' general opposition to voter ID laws?  🙄

I'm not in Kansas, but I haven't had any issues with voting.  Actually, I've had more issues trying to buy a bottle of wine.... clerks don't always believe the age on my license even if the gender isn't an issue. 

59 minutes ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Actually, I've had more issues trying to buy a bottle of wine

Buying cough syrup with Walmart delivery raised some eyebrows when the man saw my ID. 🤭

16 minutes ago, Birdie said:

Buying cough syrup with Walmart delivery raised some eyebrows when the man saw my ID. 🤭

Seems like they want ID for everything these days.  Cough syrup, keyboard cleaner, spray paint, basic hand tools... Can't let them kids have a Robitussin trip, after all 😆🤮

Let me get this straight: Were they seriously going to prevent transgenders Americans from voting in Kansas? Man that is just straight up garbage... EVERYBODY who wants to to vote...Should have the RIGHT to vote!!

1 hour ago, Lelouch vi Ushiromiya said:

ere they seriously going to prevent transgenders Americans from voting in Kansas?

It would be a matter of their ID being questioned over the gender marker.  Technically not that they were specifically transgender.

Why are polling places even checking ID? Yeah, I get it. Supposed "voter fraud" nonsense.

The true point of checking ID to vote is to prevent and/or discourage those less likely to not have an ID from votign (i.e.: the poor, people of color, the marginalized.

Hint, hint: trans people getting prevented from changing their gender on their birth certificates, state ID's...what does this do trans people who are scared of going to the polls under their birth names and/or old gender markers? It discourages them from voting. Who do marginalized people tend to vote for? Those on the left!

Connect the dots!

34 minutes ago, Ivy said:

It would be a matter of their ID being questioned over the gender marker.  Technically not that they were specifically transgender.

I appreciate you adding that context. That makes sense. Either way it's still bonkers. 

2 minutes ago, emeraldmountain said:

Hint, hint: trans people getting prevented from changing their gender on their birth certificates, state ID's...what does this do trans people who are scared of going to the polls under their birth names and/or old gender markers? It discourages them from voting. Who do marginalized people tend to vote for? Those on the left!

Connect the dots!

Wow, I never thought about it that way. When you say it like that ..it definitely makes sense. Oof. 😬

1 hour ago, Lelouch vi Ushiromiya said:

Wow, I never thought about it that way. When you say it like that ..it definitely makes sense. Oof. 😬

Thanks. Scary, isn't it?

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 150 Guests (See full list)

• MirandaB