• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Just Another Newbie...

Guest gentleman1

Guest gentleman1

Hello everyone,

This is not my first post, but I figured I should have somthing here about myself so people will know who the 'heck is this newbie anyway?"...... My name is Shawn and I am a 40 year old FTM who is almost two and a half years into transition. Boy is it going ssslllloooooooooooooowwwwly! I never expected the transition on hormones would be this slow! Hijole...! Anyway, I lived 37 years of my life wasting away as a "straight white woman" and it cost me plenty! It took along time for me to make the leap and do what I knew very deep down needed to be done. I didn't have the knowledge or resources to do it before. This transition almost cost me my faith but I find it growing stronger again and maybe a bit "modified" for the time being. I am an "expatriot of the Vatican". (lapsed Catholic). I hope to reconcile my Catholic faith and my transition and return to Mass someday but right now, my heart is still a bit raw over the Vatican's stance toward homosexual people and transexuals. I am a recovered alcoholic....gave it up to transition, and am now much more honest with myself and others since I am my "true self" and no longer hiding. I could say alot more....but that's enough for now. I love this site. I thank Laura and all the other early pioneers who set up this forum! THANK YOU! - Sincerely, Shawn

ps. There are a wonderful group of people here and I'm glad I found this site!

Hello Shawn,

Welcome to the forums, you already know your way around so come on in a sit daown for a couple of minutes and have a slice of hot pizza and a cold drink.

You already know a lot of us from your other postings so I' ll just say welcome to the family.

You already know that we are freindly!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Elizabeth K

Welcome Welcome Welcome

As you have posted already - you probably know your way around.

I am Catholic and transitioning - don't ask - don't tell. In fact my faith in GOD is the strongest part of my transition as I feel He directly lead me to transition (a story I have told in my BLOG). I am one of the seriously senior here, and going the other direction from you (MTF) but better late than not at all - which was almost where I was headed.

So look around and post a few questions, add a few comments. We are glad you are here, and feel you have much to say. Everyone is interested in everyone's story and your's sounds very complicated - do tell us all about it. Post post post - grin!

Lizzy

Guest gentleman1

Thank you Sally and Elizabeth!

Pizza always was one of my favorite foods!

I checked out both of your galleries and you both look very lovely! Both of you are living proof that it is NEVER too late to transition and do it well! I mean that!

I would be interested in seeing your blog, Elizabeth especially on how you are able to remain Catholic and be trans and not mind hiding it? That is where I get stuck.

I just could not take attending Mass anymore and being surrounded by all of these people and feeling so "different' from them, my mind constantly saying 'if they only knew, would i still be welcome?" Because Pope Benedict XVI has spoken out against us (indirectly but it is clearly still there..) in his Christmas address to Roman Curia, I just no longer feel welcome. I do not hate this Pope, he does have a very tough "job" to do, but I see no willingness from him or anyone else high up the echelon within the Vatican to hear our voices and know us, the sufferings, the joys, but mostly sufferings we go through just so we can be comfortable in our own doggone skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......oops, sorry, the pain is still raw for me...I guess my point is, if they won't hear me, why should I hear them? How can I share COMMUNION with them when I am clearly NOT in communion with them?.........and on, and on....ad infinitum. I guess I've gone back to a more "Protestant, personal relationship with Jesus, though it pains me to do so. Thanks for listening to my story - Shawn

Guest Joe Cool

Hey Shawn,

It is good to have you here! I know it is not your first post but it is nice to get to know you a little better! Transition on hormones does seem very slow but it will be worthwhile in the end!

Joe

Guest Donna Jean

Good morning, Shawn....so sorry that I got to you so late, but I go to bed with the chickens...(wait...that doesn't sound very good!)

Anyway, I see that you have gotten a beautiful welcome from some of the sweetest folks around and there's many more here!

I'm 59 and MTF...zip...oppisite direction from you (So, be sure to wave as you go by.....lol)

It was interesting reading about you...we all have a story...many sad...many happy....all worthwhile!

So, please post lots and get to know everyone....we really do welcome you here!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest ~Nikki~

Hey Shawn,

As like you and Elizabeth, I too, am Catholic and I am mtf. I am not transitioning, I keep telling my wife I won't. But it's not easy. I don't see myself doing that yet, if it all. I don't know what I am doing, where I am going, or how I plan to live, I need a lot (an I mean a lot) of therapy. I have been seeing my pyschologist for almost a year now, came out 2 months ago and came out to my wife of now 12 years 1 month ago. So far she is still by my side.

Okay, I am also interested in the whole Catholic at mass thing. What if they knew something.......

I am so happy someone is here for me talk to about my faith. I have a strong faith, but I feel God has a horrible sense of humor. Why did He create people like us? I have been trying to figure this out. The whole religion thing messes me up. It gives me too much of a conscience. I think I think too much...

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you will be happy and comfortible here.

I have been here a couple months, it is the best site for people like us.

Please keep in touch.

I enjoy talking to people.

Take Care,

Nikki

• 2 weeks later...
Guest My_Genesis

hey man, sorry i didnt say welcome sooner :P I was raised catholic but my parents aren't really the 'conservative' type of Catholic so really the only thing holding me back from self-realization was myself....I also rebelled against the pope though, so chronologically I went Catholic-gone-Protestant-gone-universalism-gone-agnostic/ijustdontcareanymore/hinduismiskinda cool. lol. anyways welcome :D

Guest NatalieRene
Hello everyone,

This is not my first post, but I figured I should have somthing here about myself so people will know who the 'heck is this newbie anyway?"...... My name is Shawn and I am a 40 year old FTM who is almost two and a half years into transition. Boy is it going ssslllloooooooooooooowwwwly! I never expected the transition on hormones would be this slow! Hijole...! Anyway, I lived 37 years of my life wasting away as a "straight white woman" and it cost me plenty! It took along time for me to make the leap and do what I knew very deep down needed to be done. I didn't have the knowledge or resources to do it before. This transition almost cost me my faith but I find it growing stronger again and maybe a bit "modified" for the time being. I am an "expatriot of the Vatican". (lapsed Catholic). I hope to reconcile my Catholic faith and my transition and return to Mass someday but right now, my heart is still a bit raw over the Vatican's stance toward homosexual people and transexuals. I am a recovered alcoholic....gave it up to transition, and am now much more honest with myself and others since I am my "true self" and no longer hiding. I could say alot more....but that's enough for now. I love this site. I thank Laura and all the other early pioneers who set up this forum! THANK YOU! - Sincerely, Shawn

ps. There are a wonderful group of people here and I'm glad I found this site!

Hi Shawn,

Keep the faith, nothing worth doing is ever easy or fast. It's great to hear that you've recovered from substance abuse.

I wouldn't worry too much what a human being takes stance of regardless of their title. Our lives are between us and God and let no person tell you that God doesn't love and accept you. The Vatican is supposed to guide us not try to control our feelings and bend God's word to conform to their prejudices. God accepts all of his children who accept God.

I am so happy someone is here for me talk to about my faith. I have a strong faith, but I feel God has a horrible sense of humor. Why did He create people like us? I have been trying to figure this out. The whole religion thing messes me up. It gives me too much of a conscience. I think I think too much...

I don't know if I would could consider it God's sense of humor so much as a lesson God felt we needed. Let's just pray the lesson is not in need of repeating.