• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Cheryl (rishaya) again - more info, early childhood.

Rishaya

So ladies, I was crossdressing when I was 3 and was extremely compulsive about it and tried to “not get caught”.   I wasn’t sucessful at that.I told one of my sisters  recently and was told she already knew.

I was always trying to “be a man”.   Boys gain status by being athletes, so I joined the gymnastics team.   I competed on the rings and got real strong.   I thought “wow, that saved me - I was too muscular for the clothes to fit!  Majored in physics in college and continued the gymnastics.

Ironically, I can’t even do a pushup now and in college I could do the iron cross on the rings.   Easy come, easy go, I guess.   And all through this I was still doing the rings.  I had sooo much shame that I wss glad I had the muscles.   They kept the clothes from fitting and kept me from becoming a pervert in NYC.

Next installment - dealing with dysphoria in adulthood.

Vhdryl

So, my adulthood was still filled with shame.  Thinking about being a girl/woman ALL THE TIME.   Still didn’t know what I was untill 30.  Tried to transition but shame, fear forced to stop.   I stopped the estrogen and no crossdressing for 7-8 yesrs.  It came back of course.

My dysphoria exploded inside me 6 years ago, I,started estrogen again, 11 months after that I had a stroke.  No more estrogen for the rest of my life.   Spiro, then orchi,

Despite no estrogen, now I can pass at the beach.  Yay!

So now what.  It’s strong again and full transition is a real possibility.   But my wife would leave, so I don’t know.

I pass as cis easily, so I’m trying to establish a social life as cis. I’m lucky, I pass easily as cis, so who knows.

Cheryl

You could say I’m doing a partial transition.   My body is feminine enough I can pass at the beach.  The orchiectomy was best for me, saved me from self harm.  

I pass as cis- fairly easily.   Used to go to ballroom dances.

I joined some meetup groups, planning on making cis friends who don’t know I’m trans.   I hope this will be enough for me.  I don’t want to lose my wife.  Said she’d leave if I go further.  I don’t get it, if she can handle what I’ve been, why not fulltime.

Cheryl

On 12/7/2023 at 10:09 AM, Rishaya said:

I,started estrogen again, 11 months after that I had a stroke.

Thank you for sharing and welcome... this is one of the parts that gives me great pause... 

It should.  My only other risk factor other than the estrogen was family history.

But, I was 67 and he put me on tablets.  Should’ve been patch