• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Pennsylvania State University Research Study

Petra Jane

• Root Admin

We have been approached by a mental health counselor and a PhD candidate in Counselor Education and Supervision at The Pennsylvania State University with the view to invite TGP members to partake in their Reseach Study.

The purpose of this project is to identify the factors that contribute to the well-being of transgender and gender-diverse individuals who have received mental health counseling services within the past year related to issues center around their gender identity. This study aims to understand the direct and indirect pathways between counselor factors and the development of posttraumatic growth (PTG) among transgender and gender-diverse (TGD) populations. This project can make a substantial contribution by serving as a means of advocacy through ensuring culturally responsive and effective client services that potentially facilitate the psychological well-being of TGD people. The results will also guide mental health care providers by indicating which specific therapeutic factors are most salient for fostering growth-based outcomes within the transgender and gender-diverse communities.

Study Link

• Admin

Sounds like a valid study with a good intention.  It's anonymous and short, and I see no downsides to anyone who participates.  I would love to know where the study results will be published for later reading, or perhaps they could send us a link to it.

Carolyn

• 1 month later...

I took the survey, happily. I am hopeful that the study gets all the information they need in order to make their analysis complete. I also hope to see the results.

Completed. Thankful for folks who care to conduct such research.