• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Texas AG Threatens Seattle Hospital With Jail Unless It Provides Trans Patient Data

Ivy

https://open.substack.com/pub/erininthemorn/p/texas-ag-threatens-seattle-hospital?r=k5hac&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

I can't believe how far these people are going with this Stuff.

"According to a complaint filed by Seattle Children’s Hospital in Travis County on December 7, the office of the attorney general under AG Ken Paxton has demanded that the hospital turn over patient data for transgender patients who traveled or moved from Texas."

Who the frick does this guy think he is?  What goes on in Washington State is their own business.  These freedom loving folk probably want checkpoints at the state line so you'll have to show your "papers" and explain why they should let you leave the state.  They're a bunch of [unpleasant politics] totalitarian creeps.  I thought "Gilead" was in the north east.  Guess I was mistaken.

Is he establishment has but steadily eroding the concepts of states' rights and national/state borders for a long time. Let your kid drink in a foreign country where that is legal? You can get prosecuted in the USA when you return. Go for sex tourism in a foreign country where that is legal? You can get prosecuted in the USA when you return. Do something in another state that is illegal in your own? You can get prosecuted when you return to where you live. Texas is just following the trend.

I believe any such geographic information would be considered Protected Health Information under HIPAA. I thought that Vanderbilt got in trouble over this, for this reason?

Love,

~Audrey.

• Admin

I would  love to see him try and put a whole hospital and its staff in a Texas Rat House, the image is so far out that I cannot even begin to see it in real life. 

I just saw another article on this, where the hospital, which has NO JURISDICTIONAL NEXUS to Texas has asked a Federal Court to quash Paxton's fishing trip subpoenas. 

16 hours ago, Audrey said:

I believe any such geographic information would be considered Protected Health Information under HIPAA. I thought that Vanderbilt got in trouble over this, for this reason?

Looks like they were under federal investigation, but I don't know if anything has come of it.

However, these cases, and more, show a brazenness on the part of state governments which I believe is likely coordinated across state lines between state officials, given what we know about big money going into anti-trans causes and the stated plans of Project 2025. If the conservatives gain control of the executive branch, this will likely become commonplace and there will be no further federal investigations.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/14/us/tennessee-vanderbilt-university-medical-center-investigation-transgender-reaj/index.html

4 minutes ago, emeraldmountain2 said:

brazenness on the part of state governments

Also, I have no reason to believe that the hate-state governments will relent in their brazen attempt to ruin our lives, unless lawsuits and activism are successful, which I very much hope they will be.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 217 Guests (See full list)

• Michelle_S
    • KathyLauren
    • Carolyn Marie
    • VickySGV
    • Ashley0616
    • Adrianna Danielle