• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ohio House Overrides Gov. DeWine's Veto Of HB 68

Carolyn Marie

Well, that took a little longer than I thought it would. Another state to avoid. It becomes more disheartening with each state essentially trying to eradicate our existence. We need to figure out our superpowers soon, and use them. I have to hand it to the Republicans. They have a very united front in this matter, and it is hard to stope this nonsense. 

The only hope is that the majority of Americans (even in Red States) eventually discover these talking points and laws are just 'red herrings' to stabilize their Base, and distract the voting public from the truly important issues.

No offense to my decent Southern folks. This right here is a case of "Southernization," which is when the beliefs, values, and politics of the South infiltrate other parts of the United States.

• Forum Moderator

If this is the south rising again i just wish it would just go home.  The GOP is relishing its success in taking local legislatures.   Using hate and fear has long been effective.  

Hugs,

Charlize

2 minutes ago, Charlize said:

If this is the south rising again i just wish it would just go home.

This is exactly what they're trying to accomplish. Sore losers. And I emphasize losers.

Well, no offense taken about the south. There are many in the south that do not feel the way their legislatures are voting. The unfortunate part is while these folks passing the anti-trans legislation maybe losers in our eyes, they still have the legitimate votes. They have learned how to stack the system. What would be unique is if someone who was Republican actually started to fight for LGBTQ issues and led the charge to stop the nonsense.

1 hour ago, KatieSC said:

What would be unique is……

I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.  We've seen too many cases of non-MAGA Republicans being basically kick out of the party.

I really don't understand the "Log Cabin" Republicans.  They seem like masochists to me.