• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Article: SCOTUS Is Running Away From Transgender Rights Cases

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

https://www.vox.com/scotus/2024/1/17/24040460/supreme-court-transgender-sports-bathrooms-metropolitan-school-ac

i agree with the author that the SCOTUS is in no hurry to decide these cases, maybe b/c they see no urgency or no end to the controversy.  That may be good for us, b/c if they do decide a case, I think there is a better than 50/50 chance it won't be decided in our favor.

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

I think it says something about the current Supreme Court members.  They cannot rule in favour of transgender people because that would alienate their sponsors.  On the other hand, they cannot rule against transgender people because doing so is clearly unconstitutional.  So it makes sense to resolve the conflict of interest by not ruling at all.

They can't do what they want, because it would be so obviously wrong - legal or not.

I have very little faith in the government to help us.  The only reason they haven't simply outlawed us already is they haven't figured out a way to make it look constitutional yet.  Once they get enough haters on board - which they're working on - they won't care about that either.

For now, they'll just chip away at our rights till there is little left.

The Republicans want to eradicate us, and the Democrats don't really care other than to have something to complain about the Republicans.

The Supreme Court are happy to let the Red States do what they want.  That way they don't have it on their conscience.

I noticed this with how they refused to hear the Indiana bathroom appeal.  Fine for the folks from Indiana, but not hearing the case means we lack a precedent from the Supreme Court.