• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Article: Some States Pushing To Stop Recognizing Trans People In Public Life

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

https://19thnews.org/2024/01/transgender-state-bills-legal-recognition/

Some of us were saying, two to three years ago, that this was the ultimate goal.  We weren't believed.  Maybe the world will start believing us now.  If the R's regain the WH and Federal government next year, they will do the same with Federal legislation.  Got an F on your passport or with Social Security & Medicare docs?  Forget about it.  If you've transitioned in the military, you'll be discharged.  Getting your HRT via the V.A. or Medicare or Medicaid now?  You won't be able to.  What I'm saying isn't a fantasy or scare tactics.  It will happen.

Carolyn Marie

8 hours ago, Carolyn Marie said:

What I'm saying isn't a fantasy or scare tactics.  It will happen.

I've been seeing this coming for awhile now.  It's not chicken little, the sky will actually fall when they get their way.

Since NC has flipped red, I expect these laws will be introduced here soon, and probably pass.

It's so friggin crazy.  Me being Ivy doesn't hurt a soul.  

Fine.  If someone doesn't like me, they don't have to date me.  I wouldn't want to be with them either.

It seems that some people just have to f#$% with somebody that can't hit back.  

https://www.erininthemorning.com/p/florida-committee-passes-bill-mandating?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=994764&post_id=141003589&utm_campaign=email-post-title&isFreemail=true&r=k5hac&utm_medium=email

For example

" In West Virginia, one of the most extreme anti-trans bills introduced in 2024 would mandate that therapists practice conversion therapy on transgender people under the age of 21."

Looks like the next step will be "reeducation camps."

The party of personal freedom.

• Admin

On the good news side of this, the conservative party has their smallest possible majority in the HOR, and its looking to fire even their newest Speaker Of The House that they hand picked because he made a small agreement with the other side.  Government by paralysis is their game.

• Forum Moderator

I simply hope that this year they will go down in political flames.  I have felt that way in the past but it always seems too close.  Maybe they will simply loose interest in making us an issue.  After all crime, lower taxes (for the rich)  and guns have worked before.  

Hugs,

Charlize

Y'all can disagree, but limiting our outrage just to the transgender issue is missing the point. This is one of the ultimate consequences of changes in society that began a hundred years ago. This is the consequence of people forgetting basic principles of Liberty and allowing the government to set up a system where everybody is counted, classified, identified, issued papers, licensed, and taxed.  When the government has the power to say or even have a list of people's gender, race, or even physical address, that government then has the power to do things with the information. And if you don't fit how they want to classify you, then there's trouble. The basic answer I see is to get rid of that whole system.  

• Admin
7 minutes ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

The basic answer I see is to get rid of that whole system.  

What you wish for, as you've stated many times, is to return to the 19th century way of doing business, including the government's business.  That is not only impossible, for most of us it is undesirable.  On this issue, yes, I disagree.

Carolyn Marie

28 minutes ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

limiting our outrage just to the transgender issue is missing the point.

The thing is, Once we are essentially outlawed (for existing) the rest of the stuff won't matter a whole lot to us.

This is something I constantly worry about. People always said that Roe v. Wade could never be overturned, and look how that turned out. 

I have hope for a better future, but it feels fake.

I probably won't even get to two years on HRT or won't be able to get SRS because a bunch of transphobes will be running the country. They are going to drive the suicide rate up and probably won't even bat an eye. 

I know the despair we all feel is real, but that despair becomes the power for those who would undermine us. So do not give that power to them and instead channel that energy into something positive for yourself!

Love,

~Audrey.

I wish the haters woukd just be honest. tell the world proudly..it has nothing to do with protecting children irc sanctity of women's sports. you just wish you could line us all up n exterminate us..like Hitler..shoot us, stone us, gang us gas us..doesn't matter as long as yiu eradicated the world of the evil if transgendered folks..days will again be hidden...

my question is this,..who will yiu blame the world's problems on n want to kill after us? the poor Jewish people have been a popular target for haters. or non white people ...but maybe you want to stick with small marginalized groups like us..so they, like us, can't really fight back

prices

its hard to turn the other cheek knowing you want me n my people dead just cause we are different than you..cosmetically..we still bleed red blood..

creeps

try loving each other..maybe it will work better than hatred..maybe someday you'll be confronted by one of us  in your friend or sibling or child..will you still want to exterminate us or will that crack the icy hold hatred has on your hearts

God save us from ourselves...

il sorry 

good night friends..I'm just afraid n angry n don't know why they hate us so much....I'm sorry

good night 

On 1/25/2024 at 1:04 PM, Carolyn Marie said:

What you wish for, as you've stated many times, is to return to the 19th century way of doing business, including the government's business.  That is not only impossible, for most of us it is undesirable.  On this issue, yes, I disagree.

Yep, its my fervent wish...because I believe the only way to stop government oppression is to remove its ability to do so.  And while there's no denying that renewal of a republic would be painful, I believe that people have been indoctrinated for nearly 100 years to believe its impossible when it is not.  The system has done a really good job of that, and the task is made tougher because how things used to be is essentially beyond living memory. 

I'm torn between the hope of believing that a truly free republic is possible, and analyzing the signs of our times that tell me we're approaching the End Of All Things, as foretold in my faith.  I believe there's only those two options - I doubt it is possible for things to go on much longer like they've been, as our level of technology these days is forcing hard choices more rapidly.