• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Idaho Seeks Emergency Order From SCOTUS Allowing Youth Health Care Ban

Carolyn Marie

"Emergency" sure has a loose definition these days.  Of course, we are currently under 43 different declared federal emergencies.  Some of them date back to Carter, Clinton, and Bush.  

I propose these "lawmakers" get to volunteer in the South for the spring tornado season.  A working vacation.  They can find out what real emergencies look like. 

• Admin

Some place I was reading that they have less than 20 Trans Children in the whole darn state that would be affected by this.  SCOTUS will cost them about 2 million bucks on this one, are they going to get it from the kid's piggy banks?? 

For most people, a trans person would only be a curiosity if these politicians didn't keep bringing this stuff up.

They have to make a problem, where there is. no problem.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Ivy said:

They have to make a problem, where there is. no problem.

It's all meant as a distraction, b/c they have no accomplishments, no policies, no agenda to run on or be proud of, other than "we hate Joe Biden."

Carolyn Marie

1 hour ago, Carolyn Marie said:

It's all meant as a distraction, b/c they have no accomplishments, no policies, no agenda to run on or be proud of, other than "we hate Joe Biden."

Honestly, even that would be enough if they could just focus on it and do a good job of that.  Lord knows that would not be a difficult task, they just don't seem to want to do it.

• Forum Moderator

I can understand that they want to refer the matter to the Supreme Court in order to validate their ideology.  But what is the "emergency"?  There's no rush.  Nothing bad will happen if it takes a couple of years to wind its way there.

Maybe that's the problem: that nothing bad will happen.  Clearly they desperately want bad stuff to happen, and the sooner, the better.  The only rush is towards the bottom of the barrel.

The hate has no limits. I was reading about an act in Utah that they are calling a sovereignty law, and basically it says the state can do what it wants if they disagree with Federal law. I posted something on this in another thread. It may be illegal, but we are seeing some unusually awful polarized behavior with us as a big old target.

More tragically yet, I was just skimming some national articles and came across a story that transgender child was assaulted in an Oklahoma high school and then went on to die. See link: https://www.yahoo.com/news/oklahoma-transgender-student-dies-allegedly-125629309.html

This hate campaign has went to far. When and where will all of this stop? They forget we are human beings too.

28 minutes ago, KatieSC said:

They forget we are human beings too.

They don't think so

1 hour ago, KatieSC said:

More tragically yet, I was just skimming some national articles and came across a story that transgender child was assaulted in an Oklahoma high school and then went on to die. See link: https://www.yahoo.com/news/oklahoma-transgender-student-dies-allegedly-125629309.html

Rest in power, Nex.

The whole Libs of Tik Tok inclusion in this makes the whole article suck even more.