• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

hey *waves*

sarahthehuman

hi i guess this is where i tell you about myself and some goings on.
my quick and dirty trans history about 20 off years ago I confessed to my best friend about wanting to be a girl she was super supportive said she'd get everyone to use whatever name I want and treat me like one of the girls at the time I didn't know transitioning really existed the LGBT was really just an LG so I didn't think it was actually possible to more than cross dress and dismissed the idea and forgot about until 6 years ago I met a transwoman in a Discord community which and awoken 20 year old memories, a few years later after self debate I admitted to myself that I was trans eventually came out to a few people and in October of last year started taking hormones. The actually transitioning is taking time I duelmode mainly being my true self at home for right now.

How I ended up here: I wasn't prepare for the hormones which have been a struggle wild mood swings and just constant anxiety attacks, I've only recently been able to clear my head and quell my anxiety with medication enough to function. I had some bad moment and alienated myself from some people dear to me and I'm questioning whether to keep going or not. I've been doing a lot to improve my situation picking myself up doing self care but I realize I can't do this on my own so I've been adding to my support network, people in my circles, support groups and communities like here. From what I read so far this feels like a wonderful community and I look forward to being apart of it.

Thank you

• Admin

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Sarah.  I think this site will live up to your expectations as a friendly, supportive and knowledgeable place.  I know that transition can be stressful and daunting and we've all been where you are now at some point.  I do hope that you are seeing, or have seen, a gender therapist or at least and M.D. to ensure that your hormone use is safe and appropriate.  We want everyone to be safe, because hormones can be dangerous if not done correctly with good supervision.  If you don;t have a gender therapist, that would be help to add to your tool kit, too.

Please ask any questions that come to mind.  The only thing we can't answer is about hormone dosages.  Please have a look around and enjoy your time here.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Sarah,

I'm so glad you are here and you are among amazing people who will answer any question honestly and with love.

Hi Sarah, welcome. I had a terrible time on t-blockers at first and struggled to get the dose right for about a year. I tried spironolactone, cyproterone acetate, bicalutamide -- all caused severe depression. Eventually my doctor and I found a solution: an increased dose of estrogen and a reduced dose of spiro. Some people swear by estrogen monotherapy, though I understand some doctors can be wary of trying it. My point is it may take some experimentation to find your sweet spot, and that t-blockers may be the culprit. Since getting my dose right about six months ago I feel so much better. I hope that with some experimentation (with the help of a doctor, of course) you will too.

Hi Sarah,

I'm glad you found us and yes this is by far the best forum for trans people. I should know because I have tried them all. Feel free to say your opinion on other posts. Don't be afraid to speak your mind as long as the rules are followed of course. Take care and looking forward to seeing more posts from you!

Thank you for the warm welcomes
some days are harder than other and these days have been extra hard
it's nice to know I'm not alone.
Thank you

Welcome, Sarah!! You'll find lots of info and wonderful people here. Ask questions or just use us as a shoulder to lean on. We are all here to help each other.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 153 Guests (See full list)

• Timi
    • Evelyn J
    • VickySGV
    • Nonexistent
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Nonexistent
    Newest Member
    Nonexistent

1. Billie75B
      Billie75B
      (67 years old)
    2. Chloe Cloud
      Chloe Cloud
      (32 years old)
    3. Hannah Emma
      Hannah Emma
      (41 years old)
    4. Joan Arbour
      Joan Arbour
      (77 years old)
    5. Liz B
      Liz B
      (49 years old)
    • Ivy
      My inner child likes to cuddle with Blahaj.  I know it's weird, but it works for me.
    • Ivy
      I'm not sure they can do this.  Not on line anyway.  LOL   Defamation?  Not that I personally know of.
    • KathyLauren
      It's a sign! 
    • Justine76
      Nice! I've found myself shopping around for astrophotography gear more than once but haven't taken the plunge yet. To close to a metro area to do it from my home.
    • Ivy
      It never occurred to me to be able to see them here in the south.   Maybe tonight if it's not cloudy.
    • KymmieL
      @Willow Oh, yeah. been on anti-depressants for years. Actually 2 different ones. Take them each and every morning along with my other meds. 
    • Ivy
    • Sally Stone
      Well, this last post brings my trans life up to date.  What happens from here is anyone's guess.  The next big milestone will be retirement, probably next year some time.  I don't think that will change things much for Sally because as I have stated previously, I am in a mostly happy place where she is concerned.    I do have a few more posts planned, as I would like to write in more detail about a few occurrences that were memorable to me.  Hopefully they will be of interest to others.    Hugs,   Sally  
    • Ladypcnj
      Has anyone been a victim of online defemination? and what to do about it?
    • Vidanjali
      Yes, this is very therapeutic. You are able to see different aspects of your own personality. There is the part which has survived life thus far through decision making and lots of trial and error. That part of you is your wise and capable parent. When you feel strongly identified with the scared child in you, you can turn to the wise parent part of you whom you trust to guide you. You have faith and trust in that part of you necessarily because it has gotten you this far. Naturally, we all have room for improvement and advancement, but you can only start where you are and try to do your best with what you have to work with and deal with. But by adopting this attitude, you see that wise parental part of you become stronger, wiser, and more steadfast and skillful. Then the child in you increasingly becomes more trusting and carefree. 
    • Susan R
      You want to hear coincidence? I just posted that and my neighbor just texted me and said she has been up early because there were Northen Lights outside. Then 2 seconds later I get an extreme weather alert. “We are experiencing Extreme Geomagnetic conditions observed and continued severe geomagnetic storms expected to continue through the weekend”.
    • KathyLauren
      No you aren't!!  There were reports from Texas, Arkansas and the Carolinas of spectacular shows last night.  This is a once-in-a-lifetime event, the best show since 1938, someone said.  Tonight is supposed to be just as good.  (OK, maybe a twice-in-a-lifetime event.  )
    • Susan R
      @KathyLauren That’s absolutely beautiful. Love those colors! That would be so nice to see some time. I’m too far South to ever see these spectacular events.   Very Nice, Susan R🌷
    • Susan R
      Welcome @AmandaJoy, It’s a pleasure to have you join us here on the forum. It does seem much easier to suppress this understanding of ourselves until one day, it’s not. It all suddenly hits you like a ton of bricks. Those puzzle pieces all suddenly seem to fit and there’s no going back. Like you, I waited until I felt there was no other choice. It was now or never! Never having the opportunity to be myself in this world was not going to be an option.   Words of wisdom there. Many of us try to make up for lost time or try to get results faster than a cis puberty but it just doesn’t work that way as you’ve learned. It’s difficult waiting for the changes but the good news…eventually you’ll experience many of them and the joys that come with those changes are wonderful and exciting. But like most good things, they take time. And sometimes it’s helpful things don’t happen overnight. Especially if you have others that need time to adjust to your physical and emotional changes.   I wish you the best on your continuing journey wherever that may lead you. I think you’ll enjoy this forum as there are great resources, advice, and people here that make it what it is. Hope to see you around.   Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷
    • KathyLauren
      I enjoyed my Saturday moka-pot coffee this morning while doing something I love: processing astronomy images.  I didn't stay up late to watch last night's spectacular aurora, but my all-sky camera did, taking pictures every minute.    
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.