• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Greek LGBT Community Rallies Against Attack On Trans Couple In Thessaloniki

Carolyn Marie

Yikes I guess hatred is just all around. I hope that justice gets served and they prevent this from happening again.

• Admin

Apropos of nothing, I like saying the name Thessaloniki.  😁

Carolyn Marie

I've never been to the homeland, but Greece is the land of my ancestors.  And I think it is more than a bit ridiculous to have hateful protests in a place where LGBTQ+ folks have historically been accepted for thousands of years. 

According to Socrates, "the unexamined life is not worth living."  If anything, I'd say that trans folks tend to examine their lives a bit more than most.  So whether you knew it or not, y'all have been affected by at least one aspect of Greek philosophical tradition. 😁

• Admin
23 minutes ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

I've never been to the homeland, but Greece is the land of my ancestors.  And I think it is more than a bit ridiculous to have hateful protests in a place where LGBTQ+ folks have historically been accepted for thousands of years. 

I think the protests were against the haters, @awkward-yet-sweet.  I think perhaps what you were trying to say was how ridiculous it is that Greeks were doing the hating, and bullying, not the protesting.

Carolyn Marie

10 hours ago, Carolyn Marie said:

I think the protests were against the haters, @awkward-yet-sweet.  I think perhaps what you were trying to say was how ridiculous it is that Greeks were doing the hating, and bullying, not the protesting.

Indeed