• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Your Favorite Trans Organization?

emeraldmountain2

What is your favorite organization to donate to and/or get involved in which strongly advocates for transgender rights, fights anti-trans laws, promotes a better public perception of us, etc?

• Admin

Funny you should ask...I'm on the Board of Directors of an organization that does all of that, and much more; it's called Advocates for Trans Equality (A4TE).  It used to be two separate organizations but recently merged.  You can read all about it Here

BTW, I don't get paid for anything I say or promote about the organization.  🙂

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

At first i thought of this site and TGAA that helps trans folks with addictions but as i read a bit more of your post i thought of Lambda Legal and the ACLU.  Both these organizations are there for us legally.

Hugs,

Charlize

All great orgs @Carolyn Marie and @Charlize. Thank you.

I'm especially interested to see where A4TE goes with the merger. I was aware of both organizations prior to finding out that they merged. Very exciting! Is A4TE involved in any litigation fighting for our rights? I hope so.

I try to support local ones. TRANS program of Mississippi and Mississippi Equality. I haven't been given a position in one yet but I'm a member to one and soon to be a member of the other. 

• Admin
3 hours ago, emeraldmountain2 said:

Very exciting! Is A4TE involved in any litigation fighting for our rights? I hope so.

I know they were involved in one or more of the recent Texas cases, along with the ACLU.

• Admin

@Carolyn MarieYou mean I have to get rid of two of my old T-Shirts??  Between the two it was nearly $400 of donation that got them for me.

I had better toss in the group that is giving me a $3500 tax write off this year, Trans Chorus Of Los Angeles.  I am on their Board now and they have a couple of recent experiences with name entertainers whom I cannot talk about until some video stuff comes out, probably in June. 

The Pink Pistols.  Not exclusively trans, but a general LGBTQ+ organization that promotes firearms training and legal carry.  Currently led by a trans lady.  

11 hours ago, Carolyn Marie said:

I know they were involved in one or more of the recent Texas cases, along with the ACLU.

That is good to hear.

The organization nearest to my heart is one local to me called McKenzie Project. It is an organization devoted to supporting and uplifting trans people of color, a population which is disproportionately at risk for becoming victims of violence, with a focus on HIV education and prevention, homelessness intervention, and helping those involved in sex work for survival. It is created and directed by the absolutely brilliant visionary, Jasmine McKenzie.

https://www.themckenzieproject.org/

@Vidanjali that is awesome. So good to see!

This won't be relevant to you American folks, but I love a local organisation here in Brisbane, Open Doors Youth Service, dedicated to trans and gender-diverse youth.