• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What's for dinner?

Mirrabooka

Tonight we had a couple of thin cut scotch fillet steaks fried in butter, with a tomato/onion/breadcrumb bake, accompanied with peas & broccolini, with instant mushroom & garlic gravy. 

Last night we had a soup made of sausage, potatoes, spinach, and onions.  Also some whole wheat flatbread.

Our meals here are often simple, because we have a huge family. We have to cook cafeteria quantities of everything.

• Forum Moderator

Both dinners sound great. 

We had bratwurst, purple cabbage, scalloped potatoes and applesauce. Followed by a slice of carrot cake and cinnamon tea. 

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

if I can eat it, sausages wrapped in bacon

I say if I can eat it, I've been eating chocolate this afternoon.. lots of chocolate

Braised short-ribs with all the fixin's (potatoes, onions, garlic, and celery) and homemade brown gravy - Leftovers from 2-nights ago, but even better 2nd time around (I wonder why that is?)

Very simple tonight. My wife and I devoured 1kg of honey & soy marinated chicken wings!

We pulled a leftover beef stir-fry out of the freezer. With Asian greens, noodles, cashews, all in a honey/sesame sauce.

My Gen Z transwoman roommate and my Gen X drummer roommate and I made two wonderful stir fry in the traditional wok on the high power propane burner on the back deck.  We splurged both times and had udon noodles in them with brussel sprouts, pepper and onions with a peanut and sesame sauce.   Been having them with seasoned white rice lately too.  I've been enjoying putting dill in them with the toasted sesame oil, turmeric and white pepper.

1 minute ago, Lydia_R said:

We splurged both times and had udon noodles in them

We love udon noodles here! Sometimes we have the skinny Singaporean ones, sometimes we have rice, but those fat buggers are simply devine! 😍

Friday night was pizza night, which is actually pretty routine here. 

Tonight was a bit of a seafood fry-up. Crumbed flathead tails pan fried, crumbed scallops and chips (fries) deep fried, and a salad.

Tomorrow night will be junk food at a football game.

We made a mega batch of curried sausages today, with enough leftovers to go to others, and into our freezer for us. 

Dished up with mashed potato and peas.

One of my roommates bought cheese and pasta and asked if I would make mac & cheese.  I walked to the store and bought 4 cups of milk and then used the preppykitchen.com baked mac and cheese recipe that works so well.  Melting a stick of butter and whisking in 1/2 cup of flour and then adding the milk.  Breadcrumbs on top.  It's amazing out of the oven, but just edible when it is cold in the fridge.  It's all gone this morning and that made me happy.

I'm doing "beans and rice" for dinner tonight, but it's Punjabi style red bean curry and saffron rice, and I always have an appetizer tray of cut vegetables and dip (seasoned yogurt to go with the theme) on the table.  Might grab a package of naan from the store on the way home, or just make a pan of very american biscuits to go with.

Our Maltese daughter-in-law makes a very mean Bolognese sauce, which we combine with spiral pasta. We pulled some leftovers out of the freezer for tonight's meal.

Tomorrow night will be chicken Kiev, with potato segments baked in the same dish, accompanied with boiled peas and broccolini.

Chicken drumsticks by the air fryer. 

• Forum Moderator

Tonight we will split a thick cut ribeye steak grilled outside, along with fresh asparagus shoots, apple sauce, and fresh cucumber salad. The steak has already been seasoned, wrapped in butcher paper resting to room temperature. The cucumber salad is blended and resting in the refrigerator.

Tomorrow's dinner will be Chicken drumsticks (skin on) that are already marinating in Zesty Italian dressing. Tomorrow I will smoke the drumsticks with apple-wood smoke, before crisping them up on the grill. We'll also have grilling beans, and garlic mashed potatoes.

The outside kitchen is now open.

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Mother's Day, so I thought I'd do the right thing and cook. So, we got Chinese takeaway! 😆

Actually, we planned it days ago, just thinking that tonight we would treat ourselves. Complete with a lovely bottle of Cab Sav.

Woke up early to prepare Mexican food for lunch as I had a friend coming over, but he forgot today is mother's day and cancelled. 

Looks like I'll be eating Mexican food for dinner tonight. 

Back to our normal Friday night pizza here. We normally get a Supreme with hot pepperoni.

Tomorrow will be a bit unusual as far as Saturdays go. Our second daughter always comes over for dinner on Saturdays as long as we're here and we leave it up to her to pick. So, roast lamb it is! With potato, butternut pumpkin and carrot segments in the air fryer with a red onion thrown in as well, and peas boiled on the stove, and whatever instant gravy we decide to nuke.