• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

White House Not Appealing Transgender Ruling

Guest Donna Jean

I'm very happy about the outcome of this!

But it began as a slap in the face of a decorated vetran!

Wonderful!

HUGGS

Donna Jean

Guest meridian

This is very good news, and it's worth sending the president a note of support for this decision, as well as for the inclusion of gender identity as a protected category for federal employees. You can do it online by going to www.whitehouse.gov and sending an e-mail. You probably won't get a reply, but they definitely count how many are for or against every issue. They need to know that this one has supporters.

Best,

Meridian

Guest Charlene_Leona

I have been following this case closely and even Participated in on the conference call that her attorney and her described and explained the positive outcome of this case. I asked if this would apply in other area's of life including medical, housing and public accommodations. I was told by her attorney that the way the judge ruled in the case it would affect every aspect of life in the U.S. for all Transsexuals. It is now federally illegal to discriminate against us and it is now considered sex discrimination. Congress does need to pass the law but really this is legislation from the bench. Oh yea!!!!!!! :lol: Happy Happy Joy Joy

Guest Evan_J

oooo niiiice.

And Meridian is very right. They need to hear the applause.

And here seems a good time to inject this (please forgive me boss, I'm takin the opportunity cuz your thread has an audience :P ).....http://www.thetaskforce.org/issues/nondiscrimination/ENDA_main_page ....since we're gettin off on changin some things. If you aren't in that group but have a facebook acct and want to "do something" check it out, they have a group there, and you'll get all the info on contacting your state's representative to bug them about how they're going to vote.