• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ignored Post

Ladypcnj

What to do if post is being ignored? 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning @Ladypcnj

Some posts get lost in the busy times here. It also maters how people navigate the site. Some only look at their notifications, or tap the All Activity tab which shows them thread they've commented on. (how I see it)... I on the other hand use the Unread tag under Activity. I don't think people ignore post as much as they get caught up reading threads they've already been active in.

Best wishes, stay positive, and motivated,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

Something else I noticed @Ladypcnj Since I use the Unread tab, I don't see threads I've read again until someone replies to it, or the author adds something.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

That's very common in internet forums and it is hard not to take it personally sometimes.

You might post "bump" with a smiley face to bring it to the top of the stack, or you might use the @ feature if there are certain people you would really like to have comment on it, and say something like Dear Abby, I would really like your input on this.  Please take a minute and respond.  Thanks!!!

• Root Admin
6 hours ago, Ladypcnj said:

What to do if post is being ignored? 

Perhaps no one knows how to reply?

3 minutes ago, Petra Jane said:

I think this can be a big part of it. There are times when I just don't have the experience or expertise to respond.

Is there a specific post we've missed @Ladypcnj?  I remember that my intro post had less than 10 responses. Some of that has to do with timing, too. 

I've also found that the more I posted to various threads the more responses I've received. But, I can tell you that there are times when almost no one responds to my posts. Don't take it personally. Keep posting where you feel comfortable and people will get to know you.

It really is a friendly and accepting place.

Umm.... if a post is ignored, live with it?

My stuff gets ignored sometimes, and its OK.  My life is different, and may seem kind of wacky to others.  Some folks just can't relate, or if I'm needing advice they just don't have it.  Diversity is like that sometimes.  If your post gets missed, don't take it personally.  Also, stuff that is new on weekends seems to get ignored more, since most folks are busy with family or other stuff during that time.  Overall, I think people here are pretty helpful. 

3 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

If your post gets missed, don't take it personally.

@Ladypcnj  This is so true.  I think all of us here have had a post or two that didn't get a response.  Sometimes, it's as simple as adding to your original to post for a clearer explanation, or re-reading what you wrote originally, and rephrasing it.  But don't despair, we aren't ignoring you.

Hugs,

Sally 

16 hours ago, Petra Jane said:

Yeah, a lot of times I don't really have anything to add to the conversation.

There are some threads I seldom post on.

I followed you and will give you my advice when I can. It has happened to me a lot too. If you want to you can always message me and I'll get back to you ASAP. I understand your concerns. 

This is also a relatively small forum and it can take a long time, seemingly, for someone to get around to replying to a post.