• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

That Ten To One or So Ratio Guests : Members

Abigail Genevieve

From time to time I've looked at 'Who Is Online" and I have consistently noticed that members are ALWAYS outnumbered by Guests by a wide margin, sometimes, like a minute ago, by more than a 10:1 margin.  I have never seen that before on an internet forum.  It can be explained partly by the nature of what this is, that it draws the curious and they are certainly welcome to read here, and to join, but it leaves me with a feeling of being in a fishbowl.  I wonder who ARE these people?  Donald Trump, is that you? Biden? Sinwar? Putin?  We can only guess. 

• Root Admin

Most of those "guests" are web bots from China, Indonesia, France etc. looking us over. They are mostly benign.  All they can see or gain access to are the general forums.  Members should be careful not to post anything that could readily identify themselves such as real names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. They do not have access to our gallery, blogs or private messenger. They seem to haunt all forums. Not just us.

I should add that they can make us known across the internet. That's how prospective members find us. Google would be a good example.

• Forum Moderator

I am also pretty sure that several of them are folks who are "trans curious".  Sometimes folks who are trying to find their own identity, are attracted to trans folks or who are simply interested in the trans community.  

There may also be some who wish to do us harm which is why .........

11 minutes ago, MaryEllen said:

Members should be careful not to post anything that could readily identify themselves such as real names, addresses, phone numbers, etc

I've just learned to smile figuring "i'm on candid camera".  

I'm sure many of our younger members never experienced that show so my age is showing.

Hugs,

Charlize

30 minutes ago, MaryEllen said:

Members should be careful not to post anything that could readily identify themselves such as real names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. 

Allow me to add that people should think twice about posting pictures of themselves, with the facial recognition software that is out there.  Those in stealth or who are not fully out may discover they are suddenly and unwillingly fully out in ways they wish had not happened.

I've seen this on a lot of forums tbh. That's how a lot of content ends up on internet archives. You've got loads of bots scanning the site at all times and archiving it. Forums are actually nice (in comparison to social media) in that the guest count gives you a pretty good idea of how actively the site's content is being archived. Basically just don't post anything you don't want archived.

34 minutes ago, kristinabee said:

I've seen this on a lot of forums tbh. That's how a lot of content ends up on internet archives. You've got loads of bots scanning the site at all times and archiving it. Forums are actually nice (in comparison to social media) in that the guest count gives you a pretty good idea of how actively the site's content is being archived. Basically just don't post anything you don't want archived.

I'm probably showing my age.  I haven't looked at a guest count in a long time.  Doing FB and staying off forums for a while.  Previous forum use had fewer bots if any and guests were actual people, mostly, unlike today. 

Any AIs or bots struggling with GD are welcome.  I would love to read your introduction.

• Root Admin

Allow me to add that people should think twice about posting pictures of themselves

Photos posted in the general forums are visible to anyone or anything. Photos in the gallery are visible only to members. non members cannot see them.

I think some of "them" are just us. If I log out, I might come in and putter around the forums for a minute before I commit to logging in and reading or participating. That probably shows as a guest visit.

Some of them are us.  I view while logged out sometimes.  But I also know that so much of this forum is public.  I really wish more areas were "members only."  I'm aware that stuff I post here is publicly viewable, so I never post last names, first names of other people, pictures, or give my location.  I tend to think my husband and GF would be displeased at the few things I do post here.... and they may be right. :?  Our times are pretty uncertain, and it seems to be "fox hunting season" out there. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 77 Guests (See full list)

• April Marie
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • Ladypcnj
    • Ivy
    • VickySGV
    • AllieJ
    • Lorelei
    • Ashley0616
    • Charlize
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

defox
    Newest Member
    defox

1. Alin RP
      Alin RP
      (27 years old)
    2. CipherKai
      CipherKai
      (48 years old)
    3. Dawn2020
      Dawn2020
      (75 years old)
    4. Irwin
      Irwin
      (18 years old)
    5. luke_b
      luke_b
      (21 years old)
    • April Marie
      Welcome to TGP, Amy! You'll find many like-minded people here as well as tons of information. Don't worry about trying to describe yourself. Relax, ask questions, and join in where you feel comfortable.    I started out like you, crossdressing in private, even hiding it from my wife, before coming to the realization that it was much more. I'm still only out to my wife, therapist and priest.....and, of course, everyone here. We all understand how difficult it can be to find oneself amid the emotions and challenges.    We are each unique yet share many commonalities.    We're glad you found us!
    • April Marie
      You are more brave than I. It's only 60 here right now.
    • Charlize
      I was doing my best to get past the fear and shame i felt whenever i went out in public so when i went to therapy and later to my doctor i presented as the woman i felt myself to be.  There was a policy that one had to live as their chosen gender for a year prior to starting HRT.  In some ways that seemed almost right to me as one of the hardest things we do is the entry into society as ourselves.     Of course the way you dress is up to you but be assured that your doctor is there to support not denigrate your decision.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Lorelei
      And now wearing my hiking dress/swimsuit cover dress as I prepare to kayak back to my truck. 
    • Mirrabooka
      You are right, there are no actual 'roos in Tassie, just their smaller cousins like wallabies and pademelons. Devils are really cute. If you got to see the adults in full noise, you can easily understand why they got portrayed that way in the Looney Tunes cartoons! Emus, or 'bush chooks', have a habit of sneaking up on you and stealing food. I was at an open range zoo a few years ago and was holding a bag of pellets behind me to hide it from the emus in front of me, when one snuck up behind me and stole it. I've never jumped so high in my life! I almost needed to change my undies! 😆
    • Lorelei
      wearing my bathing suit at a rocky beach. At the same lake as the one I fell into from the kayak a few weeks ago. Watson (my chihuahua) and I took a nice swim and sunbathed for a little while.
    • Charlize
      I searched for a bag that felt right and worked for me.  Eventually i found an old leather Coach bag.  I've carried it for over 10 years now.  Occasionally i use Lexol  to revitalize the leather as i did on the tac for horses years ago.  The leather has become soft and the clever fittings on the bag have preventing too much wear.  It's pretty big so perhaps i carry too much.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • April Marie
      Thank you, friend. It means much.
    • Mirrabooka
      Home crumbed chicken schnitzel, with scalloped potatoes, peas & corn.   We try to plan our dinner meals ahead for the week, so getting in early - tomorrow night will be lamb chump chops baked in the oven with a honey/soy marinade. In the same dish will be potato and pumpkin segments. The other veges will be string beans and cauliflower.
    • Mirrabooka
      Yep.   I sometimes get busy on another forum which has a wide array of general interest subforums. Everything from politics to tech to money to sport. There have been plenty of times where I have quoted people and given examples which demonstrate why their posts were either bollocks or at least tangential to the thread title, only to have my reply hidden because it was deemed to be off-topic...yet their off-topic post that I quoted remained intact!    Freedom of speech per se should be upheld, BUT...is it just me, or does it sometimes seem like the biggest proponents of it prioritize their 'rights' over their responsibilities? Maybe it is just me, but does anyone else feel like there is a cohort of people out there (not here!) who defend their hate speech under the guise of free speech? Whether it be on an internet forum or in real life, there must be rules and regulations.   Our moderators here do a truly fantastic job, and this forum really is a rare treasure. What helps is that above everything that does get discussed including the differing opinions at times on non-core issues, we are all on the same side!
    • Vidanjali
      God bless you, dear. Be well.
    • Mmindy
      Good morning everyone,    It’s a dog life thing, with a puppy influence. We slept until 06:00 at which time Parker made his first soft bark from inside his crate. I got up and got ready to go outside so he could take care of business and potty. Then we played with his favorite toy 🧸 and tug of war and fetch. Coffee has finished brewing and my first cup is flavorful Folgers Black Silk.    I hope you have a wonderful day and can be who you were meant to be.   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋    
    • April Marie
      Dysphoria meltdown yesterday. Felling better today.
    • Heather Shay
      In the U.S. Monday is Memorial Day. Do you celebrate and/or honor those who served?
    • Heather Shay
      Currently in a state of peace.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.