• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Started Hormones Today.....yay

Guest rivieragirl95

Guest rivieragirl95

hi i just took my first premarin and spiro. im 14 and was wandering if any of yall good give me some first hand changes ...mentally and physically

thanks,

sarah :D

• Root Admin

Hello sarah,

I'm amazed that you were prescribed hormones at such a young age. You ARE under a doctors supervision, aren't you?

MaryEllen

Congrats Sarah, like MaryEllen i am also watching out for you. Normally Hormones are not prescribed until 18 unless a parent signs off.

I am 57 much older than you and have been on hormones 14 months and getting great results,

Physically - being young you should see results quicker than i have, skin sensitive to the touch, body odor changes, facial changes from fat redistribution, reduction in body hair, hormones probably won't change facial hair much if at all, and of course breast development.

Mentally - I'm still me only happier i think you will too, my senses seem to be off the charts, and a calmness i never had before.

Don't be disappointed or worried if these changes don't happen overnight, it may take many months but you will get there.

Paula

Guest Elizabeth K

Well - most at first is psychological. There are sites that explain what to expect. Google - Hormone Replacement Therapy.

Accurate information will tell you YMMV - your millage may vary.

The most significant, staying G-rated, is a general reshaping of your face and body - assuming a more feminine shape - but it takes about two years for most people, to get the maximum effect. You will notice you face getting softer probably right away..

It' not a magic thing. But you will feminize on HRT and lose some of the male body tendancies toward musculature and bulking up.

Hope this helps

Lizzy

To all you younger people - DO NOT USE illegal hormones - VERY DANGEROUS!

Guest julia_d

8+ years on.. the first few weeks were a bit funky.. mood swings and the like.. then it all settles down and after a while you wonder what all the fuss was about.. BUT .. take mine away and I turn into a bit of a monster.. it's normal.. maybe that was who I used to be?

See how you go.. remember to take them properly. I found that the best time is before I go to bed that way I'm not too hoppy and buzzing at the start of the day.

Congratulations on such an early start, you will get to live your life as you much longer than a few of us more mature matrons.

Love ya,

Seriously Senior Sally

Guest androgynous

I was wondering, are those hormones just temporary to reach a certain level, or do you need to take them for the rest of your life? *just curious*

Guest Melanieshaman

well, i am starting my second month and i feel no different, look no different (although my wife swares shes sees a little differance) but again i will be slow to develop..as i am 36.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jo-I-Dunno
I was wondering, are those hormones just temporary to reach a certain level, or do you need to take them for the rest of your life? *just curious*

It's a rest of life thing. For the most part, if an MTF stops HRT, her body won't produce enough estrogen on its own, and some (not all) changes will revert. And with hormone imbalances like that, all sorts of problems can occur.

It's a rest of life thing. For the most part, if an MTF stops HRT, her body won't produce enough estrogen on its own, and some (not all) changes will revert. And with hormone imbalances like that, all sorts of problems can occur.

For a post op there are fewer changes in that there is virtually no T either so the body hair and softer skin don't change much but then come all of the no hormones at all problems because you will be at trace levels of both and that is not good for any organ in the body.

For pre ops the natual T levels try to come back but that depends on how long you were on them before you quit - the change might be next to nothing or over time all of the way back - YMMV!

In the case of full T levels, body hair, tougher skin and more fat around the stomach, but don't expect the breasts to disappear - that takes the similar kind of top surgery as the FTMs.

So be sure that's what you want to do before you start!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest AshleyRF

Grats on starting HRT and so young as well. You will pretty much develop just like any other girl would at that age. The testosterone hasn't really had much time to do any real damage to your body. I wish I could have started that young.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Justine

Well at 14 that is very young, the SOC is very against the use of HRT for under 18's....

I am almost at 9 weeks and I am starting to see small changes, this was after a rocky first few weeks, and then once I sorted out the regime for me, I am fine and able to function as I was before starting the hrt and AA blocker

Cheers

Justine B)

Guest Joanna Phipps

well Im 51 and like others have said YMMV

the first couple weeks were an emotional roller coaster PMS city and it started on day two.

Only one really bad mood swing as some of the sisters here can tell you

right now I get the sweats at about 4 am, how do I know, I work nights so Im awake then

im calmer, not as angry

physical

after nearly a month im getting some pain in the breasts especially where that lil nodule is forming

they have itched like crazy

not much growth yet

nothing left for orgasm now but I dont mind it shows the AA is working

hair on my body has slowed down to almost no growth

the hair on my head is growing nicely

the stuff on my face has slowed down but not enough, and it probly wont slow down all that much

thats bout it

I did my homework by now, and it is not true. I found out in my research that after a few years the cells in the body are complete re-programmed (estrogen dosages trick the brain into producing it's own later on), that means that any testosterone (all girls have that too) will aromatize into estrogen. (all estrogen starts out as testosterone) That means you can stop after a certain point and the body will produce on it's own. That being said, you can't go back after a certain point, even testosterone injections will aromatize into estrogen due to cholesterol process.

Guest Joanna Phipps
(all estrogen starts out as testosterone) 

however to get to progestins is a much more complex process...

but as we knock down the T we also prevent the conversion, via the 5 Alpha reductase enzyme, of T into DHT

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 88 Guests (See full list)

• MaryEllen
    • KymmieL
    • Kylie
    • Stefi
    • Carolyn Marie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Silkfan
    Newest Member
    Silkfan

1. Clara_D
      Clara_D
      (53 years old)
    2. Deborah121
      Deborah121
      (64 years old)
    3. Kerry_Autumn
      Kerry_Autumn
      (38 years old)
    4. OC
      OC
    • Kylie
      Hi all!    I’ve been here numerous years and followed discussions in the shadows. I began my medical transition in 2018. Lost a lot of friends and family, but grew so much along the way!    Fast forward to the surgical journey.   August 2020 - Vaginoplasty  I underwent my vaginoplasty in Austin TX during the start of COVID. It was a rough recovery. I suffered some separation of stitches which landed me having physical restrictions. I then began suffering from hypergranulation within my canal which led me to seeing the GYN twice a week for 13 weeks for silver nitrate treatments. The silver nitrate ended up causing stenosis which led to my next surgery.    April 2021 - Surgical Revision I had a revision of my vaginal canal which helped with dilation…for only 3 weeks! I underwent about 10 months of pelvic floor therapy to no avail. Dilation was near impossible. So this led to my next revision.    April 2022 - Revision and Breast Augmentation   This surgery I decided to do my breast augmentation concurrently. The breast augmentation went phenomenal, no pain, 575cc Silicone implants. Awesome results.    The vaginal revision, both my primary surgeon and an additional surgeon with expertise in complicated pelvic disorders performed the revision together.    immediately I felt amazing after with no issues dilating! I am now 2 years post final revision and have no issues dilating once a week and have sex with no problem!    March 2024- Facial Feminization Surgery   I decided to have FFS after much thought. I had it done at Duke University.  I had the following done:   -Type 3 forehead reconstruction and sinus setback -Cheek implants - Orbital contouring  - Sliding Genioplasty -Submental liposuction    Recovery was not bad. First 5 days were a tad sore and uncomfortable- but honestly minimal pain.      Surgeons Vaginoplasty- Dr. Ashley DeLeon Breast Augmentation- Dr. Gerhard Mundinger FFS- Dr. Elda Fisher    I’m happy to answer any questions!   Kylie     
    • Vidanjali
    • Carolyn Marie
      That's very lovely, @vidanjali, and very thoughtful.   Carolyn Marie
    • VickySGV
      Contrary to some recommendations we make for members, the Vicky part is just my legal FN and the SGV does give my home location within a few hundred square miles.  When I joined here the Vicky all by itself was taken so I had to add something else to it.
    • Vidanjali
      Vidanjali is a combination of the Sanskrit words "vidya" and "anjali". Vidya means intuitive knowledge or divine knowledge (where its antonym is ignorance) and anjali means offering. For example, in yoga, anjali mudra is the position of hands in prayer at the heart center. So, Vidanjali expresses my desire to be an instrument of illumination and goodwill in the world and to be of service to others.
    • Vidanjali
      My pleasure. I am looking forward to reading it too. I also recommend the Saslow book. Amazing story.   For all, here is the synopsis of Black's new book. Any you'll notice the use of they/them pronouns.   "When coded language and creeping authoritarianism spread the ideas of white nationalists, this is an essential book with a powerful voice. Derek Black was raised to take over the white nationalist movement in the United States. Their father, Don Black, was a former Grand Wizard in the Ku Klux Klan and started Stormfront, the internet’s first white supremacist website—Derek built the kids’ page. David Duke, was also their close family friend and mentor. Racist hatred, though often wrapped up in respectability, was all Derek knew.   Then, while in college in 2013, Derek publicly renounced white nationalism and apologized for their actions and the suffering that they had caused. The majority of their family stopped speaking to them, and they disappeared into academia, convinced that they had done so much harm that there was no place for them in public life. But in 2016, as they watched the rise of Donald Trump, they immediately recognized what they were hearing—the spread and mainstreaming of the hate they had helped cultivate—and they knew that they couldn’t stay silent. This is a thoughtful, insightful, and moving account of a singular life, with important lessons for our troubled times. Derek can trace a uniquely insider account of the rise of white nationalism, and how a child indoctrinated with hate can become an anti-racist adult. Few understand the ideology, motivations, or tactics of the white nationalist movement like Derek, and few have ever made so profound a change."
    • Sally Stone
      This is going on my read list.  Thanks for posting.
    • Sally Stone
      I am always fascinated and curious about the names we choose for ourselves on this forum.   Many have me very curious as to the history/reason behind them.  If it's not prying too much and you are willing to share, it would be great to hear the why behind your choice.  I'm actually a little jealous of the creativity here, as my name is anything but creative.  It's just my actual girl name.  Very boring, I know.  But so many of you out there have such unique and thought provoking forum names.  
    • Vidanjali
      Greeting & welcome to you, Bobbi! What's your latest good recipe find?
    • Vidanjali
      P.S. Also noting that the synopsis given for the Saslow book was before Black came out and began using they/them pronouns. No disrespect meant.
    • Vidanjali
      Also, before posting any comments here please remember this is the news forum, not the politics forum.
    • Vidanjali
      https://www.them.us/story/former-white-nationalist-kkk-r-derek-black-memoir-trans   According to the article, Derek uses they/them pronouns.   I read the book about Derek Back called "Rising Out of Hatred: The Awakening of a Former White Nationalist" by Eli Saslow when it came out a few years ago. Absolutely remarkable and inspiring story. Now Black has a new book coming out, "The Klansman's Son, My Journey from White Nationalism to Antiracism".    This is the synopsis of the Saslow book which gives you a snapshot of Black's journey.    "Derek Black grew up at the epicenter of white nationalism. His father founded Stormfront, the largest racist community on the Internet. His godfather, David Duke, was a KKK Grand Wizard. By the time Derek turned nineteen, he had become an elected politician with his own daily radio show—already regarded as the "the leading light" of the burgeoning white nationalist movement. "We can infiltrate," Derek once told a crowd of white nationalists. "We can take the country back."   Then he went to college. At New College of Florida, he continued to broadcast his radio show in secret each morning, living a double life until a classmate uncovered his identity and sent an email to the entire school. "Derek Black ... white supremacist, radio host ... New College student???" The ensuing uproar overtook one of the most liberal colleges in the country. Some students protested Derek's presence on campus, forcing him to reconcile for the first time with the ugliness of his beliefs. Other students found the courage to reach out to him, including an Orthodox Jew who invited Derek to attend weekly Shabbat dinners. It was because of those dinners—and the wide-ranging relationships formed at that table—that Derek started to question the science, history, and prejudices behind his worldview. As white nationalism infiltrated the political mainstream, Derek decided to confront the damage he had done.   Rising Out of Hatred tells the story of how white-supremacist ideas migrated from the far-right fringe to the White House through the intensely personal saga of one man who eventually disavowed everything he was taught to believe, at tremendous personal cost. With great empathy and narrative verve, Eli Saslow asks what Derek Black's story can tell us about America's increasingly divided nature." 
    • Ivy
      The sports thing is problematic.  Whenever a trans girl does well it just hits the fan.  Just this morning I saw something about it again.   I live maybe 10 miles from the SC border.  I suspect the people here are similar.  When I'm out and about most people are polite, and don't seem offended by me - and I don't pass well.  I believe if it wasn't for the GOP fanning the flames this wouldn't be half as big an issue.
    • VickySGV
      My applause and congratulations to them from a member of the Episcopal Church of the U.S. who's beliefs for full Trans inclusion at all levels of the church  were established by our General Convention of laity and clergy in 2015 are in full harmony and congruence with those resolutions you have reported.
    • Cyndee
      a little "Survival", and the cycle of life.....    
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.