• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Wig Adventure - Part Ii

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

Persistence pays off.

The last time I posted on this topic, I mentioned that the wig store proprietor told me "absolutely not"

when I asked her if she would allow a TG person to browse through her merchandise.

Not to be put off for long, I found a wig store in an area of town that I thought would be more trans friendly.

I was not disappointed. I got to the shop just as the young proprietor was opening up. She asked what I

was looking for, and after I explained, she offered her assistance to find the perfect wig. She

suggested styles, lengths and colors that would go well with my facial type and coloring (I have a

reddish complexion). I tried on 4-5 and settled on one that I thought was just right.

It looks very similar to this: http://www.wigs.com/product_info.php?cPath...products_id=444

The young lady was totally professional, treated me with the utmost respect, and showed me how to

care for the wig and how to put it on and style it. I assured her it would not be my last visit to her store.

What a great experience. OK, I have to admit that, looking in the mirror, I thought I looked silly. But what

would you expect with no makeup and the wrong clothes??? It's a start, right?

Anyway, I had fun! :):) What more could one ask for?

Carolyn Marie

Guest Alyssa Leigh

Congratulations on finding a good wig store and one that is open to helping everyone. That one looks very nice. How many other styles did they have?

Alyssa

• Admin
Congratulations on finding a good wig store and one that is open to helping everyone. That one looks very nice. How many other styles did they have?

Alyssa

They probably had over 100 different styles, and they would trim them if you wanted, and if you wanted one

in a color they didn't have in stock, they would order it. Really great service.

Carolyn

Guest Donna Jean
Anyway, I had fun! :):) What more could one ask for?

Carolyn Marie

Anyway...how much better could of it had been?

OMG..Carolyn.....

I'm so impressed!

That was perfect!

I'm gonna give you a BIG HUGG!

DANG!

(I need a picture...)

Love Donna Jean

• Admin
I'm gonna give you a BIG HUGG!

DANG!

(I need a picture...)

Love Donna Jean

Thanks, Donna Jean!

Sorry, no pics until I get the makeup just right. You're gonna have to wait. (hopefully not long). lol

Carolyn

Guest rachael1
Thanks, Donna Jean!

Sorry, no pics until I get the makeup just right. You're gonna have to wait. (hopefully not long). lol

Carolyn

Can't wait for the pics Carolyn, by the way the wig is gorgeous.

I'm so glad your shopping trip went so well.

Rachael

Guest Joe Cool

Hi Carolyn,

Congrats on your new purchase! I am glad you found a place where you feel comfortable and they treat you with respect. Nice job on not getting discouraged after your first attempt. I hope you work out the make up soon - i would also love to see a pic!!

Joe