• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Neutrois Information, Please

Guest Alaska22

Guest Alaska22

Hi,

I am very new to these forums, but something in the posts in this Androgyne sections are really striking a chord with me. Gender-less. Without gender. This term neutrois is new to me, but I like it so far. I feel like a puzzle piece trying to find a place to fit - a place to belong - and F to M isn't working for me, and the definition of androgenous that I find here doesn't work for me either. But there doesn't seem to be a lot about neutrois. And BTW, how is it pronounced?

Thanks all in advance.

it might be kind of pronounced like french? like new-tra? basically I don't really know.

Youtube has pretty cool information and people though like mxsquiggle who is awesome.

sorry, I'm kind of incapable of bombarding you with information.c:

anyways, welcome to Laura's and hello 'n cookies.

Guest Ryles_D

New-twah or New-troys. I generally do New-troys for singular, New-troy for plural, spelled the same.

You're pretty much where I was when I first joined- FtM wasn't right at all, but androgyne ("manwoman") was just as wrong. It's confusing, but hopefully it'll make sense soon. :)

Neutrois isn't really the same as genderless, although you've probably never heard these terms so don't get boggled down with it. Genderless is without a gender identity- there's little possibility for dysphoria because there's no such thing as the right or wrong body, they'd be equally happy no matter how they were born and any gendered roles/traits they have are more based on being trained to do that than any feeling that it's the right thing for them. The genderless I've known often don't understand what gender is, or that you could have a gender identity- but know from trans people that it's there, they just don't get it.

Neutrois is essentially the same thing as agender, if you've heard of that, and it is essentially without a gender- while still being a gender identity. The only real difference between neutrois/agender, and this isn't even much of one I'm sure you could use them interchangably if you liked one better, is this: Agender doesn't feel the strong dysphoria, so while may they act/dress/etc as a neutrois/agender, they don't feel the need to transition. Neutrois feel the strong dysphoria that causes all transsexuals* to need to transition.

Here's a site you might want to look at: http://neutrois.0catch.com/

*I'm using transsexual in the "transgendered who transition" sense, not "transgendered who identify within the binary" sense.