• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

• Stefi
    • VickySGV
  • Who Was Online

92 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • Lydia_R
    • Stefi
    • VickySGV
    • Andy C.
    • BellaDon
    • Nonexistent
    • DreamWalker
    • missyjo
    • Ashley0616
    • KayC
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • MaybeRob
    • SoSuze
    • Thea
    • April Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
    • MaryEllen
    • Mmindy
    • SamC
    • Siobhan F
    • Betty K
    • AllieJ
    • Ivy
    • Susie
    • glass beach
    • Willow
    • KathyLauren
    • Madelintb
    • MirandaB
    • KatieSC
    • Canon Morrow
    • ClaireBloom
    • AmandaJoy
    • Timi
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • Maddee
    • Chloe2019
    • Mikayla2024
    • Ladypcnj
    • MaeBe
    • Vidanjali
    • MyNameIsPaula
    • Birdie
    • Alisa Anne
    • Davie
    • Petra Jane
    • KymmieL
    • Amy Powell
    • Astrid
    • Justine76
    • EasyE
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • Andrea D
    • Fiorina
    • gavin
    • Mirrabooka
    • Jani
    • BUGFIEND
    • Mia Marie
    • Charlize
    • Hcgreyson
    • BobbiSkunk
    • Heather Shay
    • Delcina B
    • LucyF
    • H_G
    • Karen Carey
    • JenniferB
    • tracy_j
    • JanieJones
    • EntropicWriter
    • Sally Stone
    • Pip
    • Evelyn J
    • christinakristy2021
    • Wicked juggalo
    • lillyinmn
    • cooldresser
    • ward26102
    • Cortomaltese
    • ChloeBallard74
    • Heyhey
    • Mwm684
    • Kayla Rose
    • Kay3Seven
    • DeeDee
    • Stacie.H
    • Angel Jamie
    • Markianor
    • Kyleorkayla28
    • Sol
    • Perplexed45
  • Today's Birthdays

• Kay3Seven

Kay3Seven 0

• emilygurl

emilygurl 0

• Eds

Eds 0

• Jamie7811

Jamie7811 0

• JeffD

JeffD 0

• Zee

Zee 0

• Querencia

Querencia 0

• Delphine

Delphine 0

• Daisy

Daisy 0

• Neuria

Neuria 0

• Vendy

Vendy 0

• OlyVersion1

OlyVersion1 0

• TwistyAlice

TwistyAlice 0

• LeiCiel

LeiCiel 0

• jessica_282

jessica_282 0

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Recent Posts

• VickySGV
      This is one of those places where a victim of misgendering can have the final word as to how it felt to them, and some do feel that way.  It may be only emotional violence, depending how or why it was done to one.  Little screw-ups and then apologies when they happen to me are annoying but not violent.  On the other hand there are those who do it deliberately with the idea of hurting me in the moment which would be violence, it is that way when it it done to egg on a group who want to do physical violence and get them to act.
    • KayC
      I'm a fan of Berkshire also.  They are very good quality for the price.  Out in public I really don't really wear hose much, if ever, anymore ... but when I was just dressing in private hosier made me feel very feminine.
    • KayC
      Me too!  I'm a Late Arrival but I am happy to be visible and represent Our Generation of Our Community!
    • KayC
      Awesome!  I hope they make an example of this <water balloon>-bag.  (no offense to actual <water balloon>-bags)
    • BellaDon
      I’ve heard about this recently and was wondering if it’s true. Does anyone have any thoughts?
    • KayC
      Hi Paula - I too felt for years that being Out/dressed socially was a faraway unachievable dream.  Then it finally came to pass and now I am Out full-time.   This Forum and all the shared experiences of that process were VERY helpful.  And while I had many of the same fears as you do, I found most of them were just MY fears and not often reality. Did I get strange looks, or mis-gendered?  Yes. But it wasn't the end of the world and I got to the point that not only did I not care ... but it helped me learn how to improve my appearance and to be able to pass with greater confidence.  And that is the secret ... CONFIDENCE   When you're ready, I am sure you will find the same.  
    • KayC
      I had a similar experience.  I was not able to present publicly because of my spouse's 'rules' I had to follow to keep peace in the house. But my therapist told me her office and my sessions were for me to be comfortable as myself and I should dress as I wanted.  So, I always scheduled my appointments when my wife was working and I would leave the house and go to therapy as myself ... as Kay. It was a little bit anxiety inducing the first couple of times (mostly the 'walk' from parking to her office) but it soon became the most rewarding experience that I could look forward to, and also it allowed me to 'open up' more during therapy session.    Now I am Out socially full time I do appreciate the opportunity to get some experience in living and presenting as my True Self before that.  I hope you can find the same situation when you feel ready.
    • Nonexistent
      I'm sad that I'm not alone on this. Thank you for sharing. Do you have any tips on not letting misgendering get to you? I have never been able to get over it, I remember many specific instances where I have been misgendered and can't get over them, even when it was years ago. And I just hate my appearance because I'm not masculine enough, I don't think I can accept how I look when I know I don't pass well.
    • KayC
      Welcome Kayla Rose @Kyleorkayla28! We are ALL on different journeys with different destinations, but everybody here has the same goal ... To be our True Authentic Self. So I think you found a great landing spot and hope to hear more from you.   Deep breaths ... One step at a time
    • KayC
      This is a great topic and the sharing of concerns, confidence, victory and being 'clocked' are oh so familiar but also helpful. I did find recently that as the weather warmed up, and I started wearing shorter mid-length skirts (and skorts) that I have rarely been mis-gendered and most people's initial response to me is as a woman.  And I have great legs!!   Occasionally there may be some 'tells'  (mostly voice) my style of dress and the greater confidence I carry in public really seems to make a difference.
    • KayC
      Hi @Kay3Seven!  From a Kay-to-Kay Welcome!, and I am so happy you found us. The story of your childhood is very painful and heartbreaking, but it also follows a familiar path of how many of us come to our Self-Realization and Self-Affirmation. You are truly fortunate to have a loving and supportive spouse.  It makes a huge difference. As you can see you already have the understanding and support of the Members here in this wonderful Forum.  I am sure (as I did) that you will find this a great place to connect with Community. Congratulations on all the progress you have made to this point.  Everybody here has a different goal and path to follow, and everything you seek will come in good time as it is meant.  Again, Welcome ... Deep breaths ... One step at a time  
    • Adrianna Danielle
      It has been with my boyfriend ever since we met.He has said that I am seen as a woman to me.Plus said he said I have changed his life around since we met,I saw he is good person and still is.Plus a new chapter for him,his love of pre op transsexual women like me
    • Siobhan F
      Although I've been attending Gay Pride events in SE Michigan for decades, I've never dressed up for any. This evening I presented with the whole package: shoes, breast forms, makeup, wig. It was a well attended festival, and I had to park some distance from the venue, requiring me to walk through a typical middle-class neighborhood. People were out in their yards, and some even waved as I strolled past. It was a very positive experience, and I feel encouraged to get out more in clothes that make me feel good. However, I sweated up my outfit, and will have to go to the Motor City events in more traditional clothes tomorrow and Sunday.
    • Willow
      Good morning campers   having my first cup of Italian roast ot of my Donald Duck mug..   All good things must come to an end and I am up early to take  Ian and Lehiwa to the airport. We had a great visit with them and I’m sorry to see them go.  But go they must.   i dreamt we were flying a helecopter.  No it didn’t make any sense. It was owned by Ian who had been teaching my wife to fly it but she gave me the controls.  Seems I’m to old to teach by FAA Rules    Well, I’m back from the airport and showered and ready for work.  Now I’m on my normal routine.     wife and dog went back to bed.
    • VickySGV
      Have one up in a local city tomorrow, another one Sunday (I probably won't make).  One next week at Walt Disney Studios and a couple more local parties.  All with Trans Chorus of Los Angeles.  My good video camera is loaded and ready.
    • MirandaB
      Volunteered again for the one in my town, went to "Jersey Pride" as a civilian, off to another one tomorrow, then will consider other ones if schedule allows. 
    • AllieJ
      Nonexistent, poor uptake of medications is a thing . I uptake all drugs poorly, including hormones, to the point where local anaesthetics do little for me so I don't bother with them for dental procedures. I really didn't benefit so well from HRT, my saving grace was that I had low T all my life (I'm MTF). I attend a gym with others my age, and my weights are higher than all the men there. Age, physiology, genetics, and the skill of your doctor are all factors in hormonal transition, and many of us do not do well.  I tried different HRT methods with little effect, so there isn't a lot more I can do. I live reasonable comfortably in my identified gender, but do get misgendered often. I have learned to ignore misgendering as letting it upset me only hurts me. I don't self identify as male or female, I'm just me. It's not my ideal life, but I can function, my immediate problems are cardiac disease, skin cancers, kidney disease, joint damage and arthritis, the getting older issues! Not long ago i had a couple of cardiac arrests, and it helped put things in perspective for me.    I hope you can find ways to cope.   hugs,   Allie
    • Nonexistent
      I'm not on psych meds anymore because none of them have worked for me (I tried 27 meds plus ketamine infusions), I'm about to start an intensive outpatient program, but that front seems pointless as well. I've had depression/anxiety for 10yrs and nothing has helped. I have done therapy for 9yrs. I'm a non-responder to medications in general it seems, not just HRT.
    • KathyLauren
      Hi, DreamWalker.   I notice that this is your first post on Transgender Pulse.  Welcome!  Please stop by our Introductions forum to tell us about yourself.   Regards, Kathy
    • VickySGV
      My question is are you getting ongoing treatment for the BP condition and are those meds being monitored??  Mood is a very important part of gender health which does have negative effects on some people, and can in fact keep them from recognizing significant advances in their journeys.  
  • Upcoming Events

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

BellaDon
    Newest Member
    BellaDon

1. Daisy
      Daisy
    2. Delphine
      Delphine
    3. Eds
      Eds
    4. emilygurl
      emilygurl
      (47 years old)
    5. Jamie7811
      Jamie7811
      (40 years old)

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.