• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sore Leg After First Injection

Guest YaManShane

Guest Kelly Ann

not being a medico or anything...if soreness/pain persists for more than 24 hours...see the Dr. If a bruise doesn't go away after you 'normal' healing time (it's different for us all and changes as you age) go see the Dr. If you have ANY DOUBT at all...take a guess...go dee the Dr. A stich in time saves 9 and potentially you life, or leg, is just too darn important to 'shrug it off'. If it's been more than 24 hours dude go see the Doc, Hugging you to go or act or something, Kelly Ann

Actually, a T shot can be pretty painful, its not during but after, sometimes doesn't start till the next day, some are, some aren't. When they are though it can hurt like the first two days.<--and yes to the point you hate movin it around lol. As long as what you're feelin is in the muscle, I'd say you're normal. My shot was yesterday. It got a little sore last night. But really got going by this afternoon. Right now I keep flexin it. It is getting better. But yes it is still there.

Guest YaManShane

Yea. Its mainly the whole quadricep muscle. Not just the T shot but the whole muscle. I mean, its not extemely painful. Buts its sore. I see the doctor Thursday for my second shot.

Guest Kelly Ann

geeze you guys are tougher than me yeeeeeouch...this is intramuscular then and not into fatty tissue...DOUBLE yeeeeeeouch...I absolutely can't handle phyiscal pain anymore and I bruise easier nowadays, Kelly Ann

Guest YaManShane
Yea. Its mainly the whole quadricep muscle. Not just the T shot but the whole muscle. I mean, its not extemely painful. Buts its sore. I see the doctor Thursday for my second shot.

thas good to know. i was gettin a bit scared there. thought it was an infection or something. also good to know that someone else is goin through the same experience

Yeah, I know what you mean. The first time I had that soreness I was like "wait, I dunno if I can do this kinda soreness regularly (?) and for the rest of my life (?)lol" But in a way, you'll get used to it. The other thing is (and I thought about it after I was finished on the other post) is you might actually wanna know what a circumstance you should see a doc is like. If you have a shot given by yourself (the doc is not likely to make this kind of user error :P ) and some days later (like 7days) you notice a hard spot, like a really hard lump near where you did the shot, and its itchy and maybe red but definately "hot" to the touch, then you damaged a blood vessel while you were injecting. You didn't inject into -and you'll be sure cuz you aspirated first before pushing the plunger, thats critical to do along with makin sure you don't have any air but they'll teach you that- you didn't inject into the thing but you "nicked" it, it got damaged and the lump is a knot of blood that because it sat there got infected (hence the hot itchiness). Don't scream "I'm gonna die". Call the doc. Go see the doc. He will give you antibiotics.

if soreness/pain persists for more than 24 hours...

It can be alot longer then 24 hours.

Like Evan says..it could last up to two days of pain. It did for me and I was limping from one class room to the next. lol. I didn't say anything about it because the doctor told me to call only if I see alot redness around the shoot. There is rare occasions where people can have allergic reactions to T. So just keep a eye on it.

I've only had my first shoot last week so I'm no expert though. :lol:

Did any of yall have a sore leg after the first T injection? Its kinda hard for me to walk right now. Is it normal

nope... only bit of problem i've ever had is one time i had a lump and it was a bit itchy.

Guest Jack Solomon
thas good to know. i was gettin a bit scared there. thought it was an infection or something. also good to know that someone else is goin through the same experience

I sometimes get a sore muscle after injection. I also used to sometimes develop a slight skin reaction upto a few days after the shot around the area where I injected (but luckily the skin reaction thing went away after about 2 months). Sometimes the sore muscle thing can ache somewhat when walking, laying on it, or otherwise putting pressure on the area, but this should be fairly normal. The soreness can vary. A few times its been more painful than others, similar to what you're describing, but most of the time if its sore at all I can really only tell when I put pressure on it.

In my case, I would say the occurence of major soreness has gotten less frequent with time. Just keep a look out for anything really odd (like the pain spreads, you see a lump like Evan was saying, or you feel funny, etc) but you should be okay.

Solomon

Guest StrandedOutThere

OMG, my leg hurt for like 4 days after my last shot. I was all limping and everything. The quad's been sore after all of my shots, but this last one was particularly bad. I'm chalking it up to moving the needle around too much during the shot. This last shot was in my right leg (I'm left handed), so it was awkward. The needle jiggled a lot. I'm definitely going to be more careful next time.

Did the needle move a lot during your shot?

Guest StrandedOutThere
Here I thought I might be doing it wrong. I've never had any of that kind of soreness. Just a little sore at the immediate area of the injection.

That's how my first couple of shots were. It was just this most recent one that was bad. I'm due for my next shot tomorrow. I'll pay close attention to EXACTLY what I do and note how sore I get.

Guest YaManShane
It can be alot longer then 24 hours.

Like Evan says..it could last up to two days of pain. It did for me and I was limping from one class room to the next. lol. I didn't say anything about it because the doctor told me to call only if I see alot redness around the shoot. There is rare occasions where people can have allergic reactions to T. So just keep a eye on it.

I've only had my first shoot last week so I'm no expert though. :lol:

thas cool we startin T at around the same time B)

Guest YaManShane
OMG, my leg hurt for like 4 days after my last shot. I was all limping and everything. The quad's been sore after all of my shots, but this last one was particularly bad. I'm chalking it up to moving the needle around too much during the shot. This last shot was in my right leg (I'm left handed), so it was awkward. The needle jiggled a lot. I'm definitely going to be more careful next time.

Did the needle move a lot during your shot?

No. I dont think it moved at all. I was real careful since it was my first shot and all. I did it slow too

best shot tip i ever got?

you have to make CERTAIN your muscle is completely relaxed. this MAY not be accomplished if you are sitting in a chair to give yourself your shot. what ive started doing (a guy posted it on another site - genius - PrettyboiCris if anyone knows him) is sitting on my bed, leg straight (knee NOT bent) with my calf and ankle resting on a pillow. doing my shot in this position ensures my muscle isnt flexed AT ALL and i have NO PAIN in my muscle after my shot. when i was doing my shot with my knee bent, i always had pain. give her a try eh? ;)

Raymond

Did any of yall have a sore leg after the first T injection? Its kinda hard for me to walk right now. Is it normal

After the first few injections I used to get stiff muscles whereever it had been done. After the first six months this stopped happening though. I think your body just needs time to get used to it. It's a bit like growing pains when you're a teenager. I do however still get a really nasty bruise after each one that usually lasts 2-3 days. x

best shot tip i ever got?

you have to make CERTAIN your muscle is completely relaxed. this MAY not be accomplished if you are sitting in a chair to give yourself your shot. what ive started doing (a guy posted it on another site - genius - PrettyboiCris if anyone knows him) is sitting on my bed, leg straight (knee NOT bent) with my calf and ankle resting on a pillow. doing my shot in this position ensures my muscle isnt flexed AT ALL and i have NO PAIN in my muscle after my shot. when i was doing my shot with my knee bent, i always had pain. give her a try eh? ;)

Raymond

Hmmm Cris is a genius, I might have to look into that. Good lookin out bro.