• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Journey

Guest Kryxia

Where to begin is hard to put in words for at an early age of being in middle school I always had the feeling that I did not belong in any of the more popular groups in schools for I did have friends but I wound up moving from groups to groups almost daily even with friends in other groups. Was not until I was in college and became a "Lone Wolf" type of personality since I never belonged to any of the cliques and such I happen to run into someone online which became my friend that I opened up to about how I felt. Well he was a saint to me for he happen to let me know that he had encountered another person who had the same feelings like I did and got me in contact with said person which I quickly befriended. So this mutual friend linked me a few sites that, in her mind, were good for people who felt like I did for I did not even know of the term Transgender at that point.

A few months into the future I finally decided to come out to my parents and might I say that I was terrified for I was still at home with my parents and such and wanted to let them know what was going on in my life other than working and then coming home for I did not like going out much at that point for it felt that I was living a lie. Luckily my parents accepted me and I ended up going to a therapist at that point which also helped out my parents through this which I will never forget. Unfortunately I found out that my therapist ended up commiting suicide and had to find another therapist after 2 years with said therapist but I was already on hrt within 3 months of seeing her. Now for the last 2-3 years been going to a new therapist along with getting with a doctor that deals with hrt therapy along with being my primary care physician. I also have now finished with my real life test and currently working on the money portion needed for the surgery along with my name change.

During my real life tests I think I have been extremely lucky and grateful that for who I work with are willing to work with me during this transition which I am entirely thankful for. Given that during this time I am not really going out much due to me trying something which I hope that upon me finishing what I am doing might be able to help out others.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Kryxia,

<<hug>>

Thank you for sharing you story with all of us here.

I want to wish you the very best of everything.

I pray that you get all of your hearts desires on your journey.

Dreams do come true.

With love from ,

:wub: vanna

• Admin

Thank you for your post, Kryxia. It is very well written and tells me a lot about you.

I'm glad that your path has been a realtively smooth one, and you've done things the right way.

You sound like you know your own mind and have good goals, and the "end of the beginning" is

in sight for you.

I wish you all the luck in the world on your journey. Please keep us posted on how things go.

We care. I care.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean

Kryxia, Honey.....

Thanks for sharing your story with us...

And I must say that I am pleasently surprised that you are taking it "by the numbers" in your transition.

And it sounds as if it's totally working for you...great!

I hope that you stick around and that we can hear more about your journey!

Love & HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest sarah f

Kryxia I am glad you shared your story with us. I am also happy for you that your parents were ok with the whole deal.

My therapist asked how my social life was and when I told her that I was always a loner and did things by myself, she said that was one of the characteristics of a trans person. I did not know that but it makes since. We are always in hiding and keeping things to ourselves.

I hope to see more of your posts.

Love,

Sarah F