• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Soul Exchange

Guest Nekomata

Soul Exchange with opposite bodied person  

147 members have voted

1. 1. If FTMs and MTFs could trade bodies with a 50% survival rate, would you take the risk?

• Yes
    • No

Guest sphere
I thought of that as well. It'd be selfish if each person had their own survival rate. It would also be sad if were you the person that lived and your old body died. The chances of both people living would only be 50% of 50%, which would also be sad. I'd say you live together or die together!

I was going to answer "yes" until this point.

I just don't want the other person to die. As for me, I'd prefer to live, but it would be worth the risk.

Also the complications of switching a body, like proving you're the same person you were before and all that... I don't know if I could trade every aspect of their life with mine too, that would get too complicated and would be too weird and foreign for me.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• TassieTiff

Guest Carla  Bridger

While the idea has both good and bad points

The physical aspect of being in a different body. It would be like you have been in a coma for years you would need to learn how to do everything all over again

Of course knowing that this is as yet as far as I know impossible to do. I was looking from the physical side only.

I was in a car wreck back a few years ago, with a broken leg it took longer than I would have thought to use that leg again.

On the other hand the thought of a female body is interesting

Guest Sandra

My initial answer would be 'yes' because this is something I really want. However risk is something I'm acquainted with and in this case there is no net advantage, it's a coin toss so I wouldn't gamble my life on such odds.

In the real world I've been reading up on things like tissue/organ regeneration so I believe medical science will allow us to make the changes we desire. However personally I think it'll be at least another 10-20 years at least till such things become viable and routine. They're even talking about giving transwomen womb transplants for a short period about 3 years which will allow them to become pregnant/have children. I'm sure some will find that exciting news and its closer than we realize.

Ideally it'd be great if it was possible to exchange consciousness with a person who's body we desire. According to cutting edge thinking in the computer field, uploading our minds to computers and then downloading them to other bodies might be a real possibility. Of course if/when that happens 'body-snatching' could turn into a black-market cottage industry. :P

Guest Isobelle Fox

I can imagine a trade. Have imagined such things, actually : )

But the 50% survival rate... that puts a different light on it. I don't think its so much a fear for my own death though. Its just that with a 50% survival rate, there would be an equal chance of the trade partner dying, and I don't think I could ever be happy knowing that the exchange for my own happiness might come at the expense of someone else's life, even if that person was equally willing to take the risk.

So, no, not with that condition.

Guest Storm Angel

I selected no

I would really like to see how much I could change my own body first. :)

50 - 50 risk.. that is like saying a positive outcome is determined by the flip of a coin. :o

Guest silverpetals

aieesh, soul exchange, that's a scary thought...

with a 50% survival rate...what if i survived but the other person died? i wouldn't be able to live with that. and, from a lot of the responses on here, a lot of others wouldn't either. and considering that there's a 75% chance of at least one person dying, i'd rather just flip a coin :S

so, interesting idea actually ^.^ scary, but interesting. but i wouldn't.

Guest Kim Smith

In the context of my life as it is... No.

All other things being irrelevant... who knows?

My problem is that I can't separate these choices from their effect on my family & friends, and just think of them only in terms of being MTF and trying to figure out what I would like to do on that one issue. I haven't even decided if I want to come out to anyone. How could I make a decision on a body swap?

Kim

Guest Chrissy31947

No!!

I spent most of my life in the wrong body and I am still alive. I realize that I always was me, even though I was trying to be someone else.

Trading bodies would in the end still put me in the wrong body and the odds for survival are unacceptable doing that.

I finally want to live and just need to make a couple changes and I'll be just dandy.

After all, I just have a correctable physical condition. Thats really all it is.

Hugs, Chrissy

• 3 months later...

No, besides the point that I am not sure where I stand (being transvestite or transsexual), it will never be an option. This cause I love life far too much and would not want to give it up how shittie it sometimes may be. And I could not live with myself if I should succeed, but the other should die. And what is with the families we grew up in, would we stay with the family of the body we gain or go to the family we spiritually grew up in?

Guest Becky Lynn

Even though I wouldn't mind being a girl I'd have to say no. It would have to be 100% before I would even consider it. I like my life too much to shoot craps with it.

Beckey Lynn

Guest CharlieRose
50 - 50 risk.. that is like saying a positive outcome is determined by the flip of a coin.

<- Stat nerd.

A 50% chance of death for each of you means:

25% chance neither of you dies.

50% chance one of you dies.

25% chance you both die.

I don't like those odds. I dunno, I feel like I can make it work with this body, I guess. I'm not that desperate.

I would vote no. If the posibility of transitioning our own bodies to more closely match our inner selves, then more of us would have probably answered yes. The survival rate on SRS is incredible. The resultes for MTF are quite astounding, you probably will get a higher rate of FTMs interested because of the difficulties with the lower surgery. Also women of my age wouldn't be considering the possibilities of bearing children after such an exchange which would seem to be the main attraction for a young MTF.

Sally

Guest Jack Solomon

I voted yes a while ago. I would attempt the exchange with someone who was also willing to take the risk. I notice that the number of people who voted 'yes' in the poll are in the minority of the people who have posted. I know what its like to spend day after day watching the world pass by me, while I am unable to move. I've experienced a type of living death for years, there's not much that's worse. I am attempting a go at survival, but there's a bitter poison in my heart of how it could have been had I been born male with the same inner material to work with.

Solomon

Guest Chrissie

While I would trade certain body parts with a ftm in a heartbeat... a full body switch is out of the question. especially under those conditions... certain other features are as much a part of my soul as my body.

I dont know how I'd get use to being shorter than most people I know. Havent you ever noticed that height and weight are as much a part of a person's personality? Then there's the whole family issue... Id think that would be worse than it is currently.

Guest Donna Jean

OMG! This is an awful situation! What an incredibly soul searching question.....What would I do?

An instant relief of all of my physical problems. A peek in the mirror and you would be overjoyed!

But, real life would not change......loved ones....your job....finances.... You would basically be a non-person and at least have to convince people who you are. I could do that, but, I would not put another person's life in danger. Even if the other person was willing 100% and had no reservations, I couldn't risk another person's life.

CharlieRose said:

A 50% chance of death for each of you means:

25% chance neither of you dies.

50% chance one of you dies.

25% chance you both die.

Whats the point of losing your life if you can't realize your dreams? You are still here and able to

work adjusting your life, and while we all here are transitioning in one form or another and at different speeds, not one of us is standing still! Why, just by being on this site we are moving ahead! I have always been "me" and I still will after whatever adjustments are made, but, not to endanger another soul.......

Dear, you really put forth a tough question and it is real interesting reading the answers....remember, there are NO WRONG answers. Everyone is right.

Thanks for this, it made my brain hurt....

Lotsa luv.

Donna Jean

No, I would not. My life is much to important to me. Even though I want a different body, the 1 in 2 odds are not great enough. I would rather work the issue and have an opportunity to enjoy the fruit.

No. It's not the survival rate that scares me - I'm suicidal often enough that my own death doesn't scare me that much, and I figure the other person is capable of making their own decisions as to whether the risk is worth it. MY body is part of my identity. These are my scars, my eyes, my tiny hands. It's my family whom I resemble. When people see my body, its me they recognize. Losing that for functional genitals feels wrong to me. I'm more than a sexual being. Transitioning is different because it allows my own body to do what it should always have done. I was not born in the wrong body; I was born with the wrong sex characteristics. I suppose I could body shop, finding a body that works better - but that would be a superficial way of dealing with my body image in my opinion.

I voted yes. I feel that it would be worth it to have a normal female life: having a husband, babies, family life, and grand children a despite how hard all that is.

doodle

• 2 months later...
Guest brain(katie)

I think Iwould.Ihave surgeries in the past for other issues and there is always a risk. Though not as high. 50% like flipping a coin. Imagine if you do servive to be 100% woman. All the perks. Of course all the down sides 2. Menapause, periods, but child bearing a def plus to grow a life inside you. What a gift

Guest Kelly Ann

life's too precious (ask Chrissy Hynde), I'll hang until it's the natural order of things...after all death is a part of life...maybe there IS an afterlife...if so bring it on...just not toooo soon...'cause I'm having waaaaay too much fun right now. Who know's whats just around the bend...whatever it is I bet it'll probably make me smile, Kelly Ann

Guest My_Genesis
I've actually been thinking about putting an MTF's or FTM's brain in the body they're meant to be in.

I wouldn't do that. Changing brains is basically making yourself a different person. That's kind of a scary thought. No matter how much i hate my brain sometimes for doing these things to me. :rolleyes:

I'm more for growing the parts from your own genetic make-up than switching bodies though. Although being desperate as i am I very impulsively voted yes. lol

I voted yes without hesitation. But I did not think of the effect on the other person. If I knew that there would not be any risk to the other person, I would continue without hesitation. It would be great for the natural order-both of us would get our wish.