• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Zyrtsuryu

Desire And Me

Guest Zyrtsuryu

I apologize if this isn't the place for this post, but it seemed fitting to me.

I am a 19 year old male who, for the most part, suffers from gender euphoria. When I say "suffers from", I don't just mean the common-language-slash-doctor's-term. I mean it in the way Buddhism teaches as well. Against my better judgment, I idolize the female form, more than I should. I would not be satisfied until I envelop and become every inch of every woman that ever lived on this planet. And even then, I would stay in that state forever, locked in ecstasy.

But, as I pointed out, this is suffering.

I don't pretend to call myself a serious Buddhist. Lately, however, reading articles and watching videos on Buddhism has begun to change my mindset ever so slowly. I can feel the winds changing. This morning, in the clarity that comes right after awakening, I had a flash of inspiration.

I struggle to reach something that is unreachable. As much as I desire this, I know that I will never get it. Not that I nor anyone else has anything to do with the unreachable-ness -- it's just the way things are. But I think I understand now. Even if I were to snap my fingers and become the most beautiful, feminine woman, I would still want more. I would still be dissatisfied. Simply by knowing something, I already *AM* it. I had what I was fighting for, searching for, struggling for all along.

I hope that, as I begin to follow Buddhist precepts more and more and as my mind purifies, I can begin to love myself, masculine and feminine, much more, instead of wasting my life chasing a dream, only to become a hollow shell in the end. I know what's right, and I know what isn't. Now I have to do something about it. I am, and it feels great.

Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.

Lao Tzu

Guest Donna Jean

Honey...to paraphrase Dirty Harry..."A mans gotta know his limitations."

And so does a woman.

We have to accept that we weren't natal born females and there is a limit to what we can achieve..

The sooner we embrace that thought the sooner we'll find comfort!

Good luck, Hon..

Donna Jean

Guest Puppy Girl

I struggle to reach something that is unreachable. As much as I desire this, I know that I will never get it. Not that I nor anyone else has anything to do with the unreachable-ness -- it's just the way things are. But I think I understand now. Even if I were to snap my fingers and become the most beautiful, feminine woman, I would still want more. I would still be dissatisfied. Simply by knowing something, I already *AM* it. I had what I was fighting for, searching for, struggling for all along.

I hope that, as I begin to follow Buddhist precepts more and more and as my mind purifies, I can begin to love myself, masculine and feminine, much more, instead of wasting my life chasing a dream, only to become a hollow shell in the end. I know what's right, and I know what isn't. Now I have to do something about it. I am, and it feels great.

Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.

Lao Tzu

I think this is so incredibly true. I, too, am drawn to Buddhism because the mindset it encourages us to work on is both simple and really effective. I think that no matter what mental block you are feeling, whether it's a result of body dysphoria of any kind or something more "ordinary" like having too much stress in your life, it can help to critically think about your desires and whether or not you would be satisfied even if you obtained all of them. There is nothing lacking; you're absolutely right. We are perfect inside already, and have so much to be grateful for.

Good luck on your path. :)

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 97 Guests (See full list)

• Carolyn Marie
    • Sharon Aml
    • Jocelyn
    • AnnaD
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Rachel R
    Newest Member
    Rachel R

No users celebrating today
    • MaryEllen
      We have a naughty word filter that takes care of most obscenities. F bombs will earn you a rap on the knuckles with a ruler as will the common word for feces. It might be a good idea to double check what you have written before hitting the submit tab   MaryEllen 
    • AnnaD
      am i allowed to swear on here? i dont swear alot, but sometimes it just comes naturally and i have to remove it or block it. 
    • AnnaD
      I always shave mine, but they just go hairy again. Still an inconvenience to have to shave, but to me it is much better than the horrible black thick hairs everywhere. They're my main cause for dysphoria.
    • AnnaD
      hi, i keep having thoughts that i'm not trans, even though i know that i am. i think its influenced by some of my family and other people that i know, who try to deny it. is there any way to stop these thoughts and reassure myself?
    • AnnaD
      thats just ridiculous to be honest, i already hate schools stopping students from wearing certain clothes (unless theyre offensive) or having certain hair etc... but when they kick a student out just for something that they can't change, its too much.
    • AnnaD
      i'm only out to a few people so far, but when i'm eventually out fully, i see theres quite a lot for me to look forwards to. i know that it takes a lot of pressure off. 👍
    • Mackenzie
      So a lot of threads here are about the challenges of coming out and the such. One thing in all the therapy I have done over and over, is that we should try and look for good things. Now, their are struggles, and the other posts serve functions in helping people understand what they are about to face, and how they might deal with it. But, I thought it would be cool if we had a list of things from people of all the things that make them smile, or have bouts of joy that can only occur because they are out! For me: -When someone calls me Mackenzie or she/her it makes me feel good.  -When I see a dress that looks wonderful, I get to say, "Yeah, I am going to buy that" instead of "Damn, I wish I could get that." -The look of my body when it is hairless, and I am wearing my feminine clothing, and I see a women in front of me in the mirror.   Those are just the tip of the ice burgs! Share yours, and lets couple the advice in this forum with some highlights and silver linings!
    • AnnaD
      this is actually [messed] up (not sure if swearing is allowed here so i've blocked it out)
    • AnnaD
      this is a long chain of replies
    • AnnaD
      this is great ^^^^^^
    • AnnaD
      sorry this is quite a bit late, but yes, a nurse should understand. the nurses in my school are great, but i know some teachers who are just plain ignorant. at least your friend Will and your teacher is supportive, its good to have friends.
    • AnnaD
      you're basically going through another puberty, so you might feel a bit strange. a needle is still a small price to pay for your correct hormones 👍
    • AnnaD
      that's a nice poem, well done 👍
    • Ellora
      I was exhausted after the movie Endtime I went to bed right away, actually sleeping til 5am. I couldn’t go back to sleep so I drove to a 24hr Mexican food drive through and bought a breakfast burrito, and drove to a drive thu Starbucks, 😂🚙🌯☕️.  Then the a/c technician called early, amazing, so I had to 🚙💨 over to my friends house to help. She doesn’t like to home alone with technicians, I don’t mind. That took a while. Then dropped an electric razor for my dad, then shopping for groceries, made it out of Costco with spending over $100, then finally back home to eat lunch. 
    • VickySGV
      My breast forms became uncomfortable pretty fast when I began HRT.  Charlize idea about the "adds one size" type of silicone enhancers did work for a time as well.  Another product that I used are called petals which have s sticky silicone  surface on one side that keeps the nipples from being as obvious when you are not wearing a bra.  An old riddle that I have posted here a time or two that does have truth to it: What is the difference between a Trans woman and a Cross Dresser?  The Cross Dresser can't wait to get home to put her bra ON, a Trans woman can't wait to get home and take her bra OFF.    I have maxed out (after 10 years) at a B and find the front closing bras to work better for me.  Part of my tissue is under my arms and the Front Close pushes that forward.
  • Upcoming Events