• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Alexx21

Suicide and islam

Guest Alexx21

Am a member of another forum that is for Islam while looking around i found a post about suicide

Saying that if you kill yourself you will end up in the hell fire.

It upset me because my dad died two weeks ago he killed himself he was mentally ill .

Most people who commit suicide are mentally ill in some way...i wont like to think that my dad is in the hell fire because he killed himself.

I feel i don't agree with it at all.

KimOrbit

Hi Alexx, as a muslim you should pray for him and donate for him. These are gifts those could help dead people. dont give up. just pray for him.

and another thing. If he was really ill mentally then he had no control on his actions. then hell fire wont be upon him when he was mentally ill. just I can say pray for him.

And I am sorry about your father.

JJ

Though I am not Muslim it is my understanding that it is a belief filled with wisdom and love and I don't think it would condemn those whose acts are based in mental illness. From what I have read suicide itself is not a mental ilness but the depression that so often precedes it is.

In addition I don't think it is good to accept what one person online says as a truth about your faith. Because of many misunderstandings there have been some awful things said online about your faith but you don't believe them do you? And there have been people who have twisted it to harm others and make it associated with hate and violence -Do you believe them? Most of the Muslims I have heard from condemn them as much or more than I do.

My own faith is the same way. I think almost all are. Humans twist words or misinterpret them.

Some members of my extended family were Roman Catholic and I know that suicide is condemned as a mortal sin by the church. Forbidden a funeral service in the church etc-unless the person is mentally ill-then they are not responsible for their actions. I think it is the same with many religions-perhaps with Islam as well

My suggestion is to talk to a spiritual leader of your faith and find out what your faith's actual belief is before being influenced by someone else's opinion.

My heart and thoughts are with you.

Johnny

Guest Sascha

Hi Alex,

I'm so sorry for your loss. No one knows how you feel right now, so I am not pretending I should know. But I can understand the misery in some way. I hope you gather enough strength, and I wish you well. Personally, I am not religious so I cannot answer the question you have. However, I do believe that if someone lived a good life and provided and cared for someone else he won't go to any Hell. That place should be reserved for the wicked of wickest, and even then (according to many many religious texts) everyone can get into terms with their creator even on the moment of dying.

Take care Alex, life has thrown you a hardball. But many people are here to help you through this difficult time.

Guest ley

Am a member of another forum that is for Islam while looking around i found a post about suicide

Saying that if you kill yourself you will end up in the hell fire.

It upset me because my dad died two weeks ago he killed himself he was mentally ill .

Most people who commit suicide are mentally ill in some way...i wont like to think that my dad is in the hell fire because he killed himself.

I feel i don't agree with it at all.

The above posters are correct in saying that those who are not fully sane are free from responsiblity till he is sane, such as the one who sleeps till he awakes. Only God knows your father's state in the hereafter and truly He is the most wise and the most just and He made oppression forbidden for Himself, and His mercy is greater than His wrath. Bare in mind that all the mercy in creation, all the love and care between a mother and her child, the people who feed the poor etc. throughout the entirety of existance, all if it is but one part of mercy that Allah created for He left 99 for the Day of Judgement, so truly He is the most gracious, most merciful so don't upset yourself, but cry for tears are but a mercy from God :) the ever lasting, the one who cannot die.

Peace!

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 75 Guests (See full list)

• KayC
    • Cyndee
    • Denisenj
    • MaryMary
    • DeeDee
    • Petra Jane
    • QuestioningAmber
    • SaraAW
    • figuringitout
    • Emily michelle
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Toni
    Newest Member
    Toni

1. MarcieMarie12
      MarcieMarie12
      (47 years old)
    • SaraAW
      You and me both!  
    • Emily michelle
      I like that jacket! I’m really excited for fall outfits. I’m thinking it’s going to be leggings all fall and winter I cannot get enough of them. I would like to find a cute jacket come winter.
    • Sally Stone
      Berni,   Let me offer you a different narrative.  You assumed the couple was laughing at you, but what the woman was whispering in the man's ear was this instead: "see, that woman can be herself, so, there's no reason for you to hide in the closet."  Then they both chuckled at the man's timidness.     Stay positive girl!  It does get easier.
    • SaraAW
      It's a tiny step in the right direction. They have a long way still to go for redemption in my eyes.
    • SaraAW
      Welcome @Lee1 and congrats on finding yourself! This is a wonderful place filled with super supportive folks. Take a look around, I am sure you will find many questions already answered and if not, ask away. Have a wonderful day! Hugs!
    • SaraAW
      PSL, Sweaters and boots, what's not to love? I did some retail therapy this week, waiting for my haul of 2 plaid shirts, a long sleeve tee, a sweater and pink plaid flannel pj bottoms to arrive now. It's the start to the fall/winter wardrobe build.   Me too!
    • SaraAW
      Congrats @HollyNoel! That's great news. Hope you have a winderful day!
    • Shay
      @Berni I think everyone experiences doubts and I gave them a lot but there are a lot of people like you met out there and always will be. You got to keep working on not letting their ignorance affect you. You own you feelings and you can remind yourself that and not let others allow you to be hurt. Yes I think it will always be there but the more you are aware of it the?less it will give you anxiety. When you identify the problem you can disarm it.
    • ElizabethStar
      This happens to me too.  Earlier on when I was more clock-able I built up a pretty thick skin towards these things. But as I progress and pass more often (thank you face mask) I get clocked far less often, I relax more, let my guard down more, enjoy life more. Still all it takes is the one person out of a hundred to give me a second look to shake me to my core. I try to remember the good things that have happened: the cashier that called me young lady, the soccer-mom that gave me a smile as she walked by, the guy who held the door for me, the times I didn't get clocked using the rest room,..... I still find myself replaying events in my head late into the nights trying to understand what it was that happened. Truth is I'll never know. Maybe the wind messed my hair right before I walked in the door, maybe I rubbed my eye without realizing and look like a raccoon, Maybe their lives are so horrible they have to exploit flaws in everyone else whenever they can to validate their own existence.   I think we are all emotional stronger then we give ourselves credit for.
    • ElizabethStar
      This is going to be my first autumn/winter. I'm looking forward to finding some new looks.
    • Berni
      My question for this evening is : will I ever stop questioning?   I'm seeing my therapist tomorrow and it's what I plan to discuss, but some insight from people here would be very welcome.   So, I had a good day turn bad day a few days back.  Most of the day I felt really confident. Makeup good. Hair great. It was warm (30C), so I was in my favorite shorts and sandals  and beneath the tshirt my A cup breasts were pretty obvious and kind of perky.   I was walking through a shopping centre and a couple, walking hand in hand, came towards me. I could immediately tell the woman clocked me and I thought I heard her stifle a laugh.   Stupidly, I turned to check and noticed her whisper into her boyfriend/husband's ear. They both turned, looked at me and laughed.   At the time, I brushed it off and forgot about it. Or so I thought.   Late that night, and  again the following evening, I had such an anxiety attack. "What am I doing!?!" I kept asking myself. Each attack ended after a while  and I returned to normal .. but my confidence was really shaken   I thought I was past this!   Does this ever go away?
    • Berni
      Hi @Brianna66. Definitely not too old! I'm 56 and 5 months HRT. I started electrolysis at your age and was growing out my hair. I too felt I was a girl inside my whole life. I'm so glad i set her free.
    • Emily michelle
      I have to say that is awesome!
    • Timber Wolf
      Good morning everyone,🌷   Happy birthday MarcieMarie12!🎂 Hope you have a terrific day!   Lots of love, Timber Wolf 🐾
    • Patti Anne
      Among the dreaded COVID virus, fires, economic ruin and death, I thought I'd take a stab at interjecting a little humor. My daughter sent this to me last night. It took me a second to get it, only because I didn't recognize J.K.'s face.      For those who suffer from poor facial recognition, The answer is "Surf and TERF"
  • Upcoming Events