• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MackenzieB

VA record changes

Guest Pammy

This is good news. I am disseminating this to all my trans veteran friends today!

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• Julie J
    • Kirsten
    • MaryEllen
    • Anna75
  • Who Was Online

105 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • Julie J
    • Kirsten
    • MaryEllen
    • Anna75
    • CyndiRae
    • ChelseaAnn
    • Cthorne
    • BrandiBri
    • AsTheCrow
    • Charlize
    • Natalie86
    • jo jo
    • Roberta-Belinda
    • stbSusan
    • KoreyA
    • DrumbeatAlex
    • Jocelyn
    • Petra Jane
    • Regn
    • tracy_j
    • Dev
    • Sharon Aml
    • Elyssia
    • muqdishaawi
    • Luna L
    • TiaMaria
    • Rebecca591
    • Michelle F
    • Cheyenne skye
    • jae bear
    • Jean.S
    • Martyn
    • Amy LeBlanc
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Bass Dragon
    • Kye Mitchum
    • VickySGV
    • Sk1ttles
    • OlyVersion1
    • SugarMagnolia
    • Rachael
    • Rowan
    • MaryMary
    • Jani
    • Evans
    • Cluck1992
    • Kris
    • just_me
    • ChickenLittle
    • conner
    • JJ
    • MadMadhatter
    • Tommyftm
    • DenimAndLace
    • Zavida
    • MarcieMarie12
    • MarvellousMattie
    • Dakota16
    • Snow Princess Sophie
    • Timber Wolf
    • Marbabar
    • Queenie
    • Laxmi Siriwat
    • JD
    • Terry
    • Paul Rankeillor
    • TheJudeResistance
    • Clara84
    • Sandra6sandy9sand
    • KymmieL
    • Cela
    • Maid In Bedlam
    • Noelia6
    • EnbieCutie
    • Jojo
    • KeiraC
    • ejen
    • Janeshannon
    • doni
    • PaulaPlaytex
    • Emilio
    • samuel
    • claire1000
    • gski
    • Annie
    • Xavier/Aria
    • Lizzie McTrucker
    • Amy joey
    • Abigail3051
    • Lauryn Michelle
    • Avra
    • Erika_E
    • Carly murr
    • Miae_Flame
    • Naomi Knowles
    • Ravin
    • Leo ray
    • Lina
    • Cmattison
    • Jill55
    • JBfox
    • Willow
    • Laura Beth
    • Sydneyblue
    • April
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Rebecca591
    Newest Member
    Rebecca591

No users celebrating today
    • Julie J
      Thanks for your comments and support Jani, Charlize and traci_j. I appreciate your encouragement and I look forward to getting to know others in these forums as I continue my journey.  Cheers,  Julie 
    • Cthorne
      I love how this is my normal now  
    • CyndiRae
      I am in the "let it go" category on this one, while this is not best thing to hear as you are picking up your script, it does not surprise me in the least (it's Iowa), if you are transitioning there are all kinds of scenarios where the dead name or gender maker from the past come back to haunt you, this sounds just like such a scenario. The legal name change / gender marker change, makes a difference in many of these instances (not always), and can really help you. If you are presenting female in the world, have a female sounding or neutral name, have a "F" on your documents and a lot of this simply vaporizes.... In the mean time one must put up shields to protect one's emotions...   Best to you   Cyndi -
    • Charlize
      Great reaction!  My grandkids had a similar reaction except one of them (the younger) is a bit of an imp and spent his time enjoying a game of trying to remove my wig.  Itch.......  Gotta love him.   Hugs.   Charlize
    • Charlize
      There is absolutely no reason to drop a skirt in the bathroom.  The only issue i've found is with a long full skirt that can be an armful while sitting.  I will never forget the first time i saw a woman squat in a field using her spreading skirts as a privacy screen.  I suddenly understood another important thing about skirts. As to men's attraction.......first of all don't lift your skirt.......sorry i couldn't resist a giggle.  I wear a wedding ring and while someone may be interested he knows that i'm not.  I don't try to attract men but obviously it is an ego booster when i'm found attractive by someone who forgot his glasses.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Natalie86
      Hi Charlize     I am glad I joined to. Thanks for the welcome.     
    • Natalie86
      Hi Jani         Thanks, the words " be yourself" mean so much to me. Thank you.
    • tracy_j
      This does not surprise me in the least, and I would probably just let it go. When I was working in healthcare (although addmittedly not working with drugs), it was part of my job as I saw it, to be observant just in case a mistake has been made somewhere. I can imagine being in a similar position, with a confusion in combination of drugs with gender without realising background. The problem here, as I see it, would be the conversation being in the open with possible eavesdroppers (I think over here pharmacists are covered by medical confidentiality as are other health professionals, although not being one I don't fully know. They do have a responsibility to check what they are doing, and essentially flag up dangerous situations).   Tracy
    • tracy_j
      From my experience / opinion:   When I am wearing a skirt I usually lift it. Obviously the rear is the main issue, and I generally use a sort of scooping action to lift things out the way. This way, I can use a similar action with dresses which obviously would be impractical to pull down. One thing to remember is that women grow up from little girls. Little girls mostly wear short skirts / dresses so likely learn by lifting rather than lowering. I don't really know though, but as you are in private, it really does not matter.   I have less experience with dating, as I am not alone either, but when the occasion arises I love to flirt. Your relationships are really a matter for you, your wife  and your conscience. That said I would urge you to be very careful as guys are often out for just a quick lay. It is easy to get attention (even I have had that), but they can often take advantage, satisfy their urges and then realise and get nasty or at the least indifferent. Such men may well play the field and be risky healthwise in other ways too. As a woman, you need to think like a woman but be even more careful as some men are very transphobic. They may not realise that you are trans. When they do they will likely get very embarrased and get nasty.   I always put moisturiser on my legs after shaving (and at other times too). Personally I like matt legs so don't look for shine.   Tracy
    • tracy_j
      Hi Julie,   Welcome 😊   I am glad things are steadily working out for you.   Tracy
    • tracy_j
    • jae bear
      Oh goodness me, I agree with everyone here, that is definitely a breach of patient confidentiality as well as simply bad manners !   Hugs,   Jackie 
    • ChelseaAnn
      Also, I forgot. What is the best way to make my legs appear shinier? I shaved just tonight, but should i put lotion on so they look nicer?
    • Carolyn Marie
      If this is indeed a homicide, it would be the fourth in Florida this year.   http://www.14news.com/story/38695860/this-world-can-be-very-cruel-transgender-woman-found-dead-in-fl-with-trauma-to-body   Carolyn Marie
    • ChelseaAnn
      So, I hope this is in the right section. I occasionally get to go out as Chelsea when my wife gives me some time. I have gone out many times and had lots of success in passing, but I'm still learning some things. Disclaimer, some of these questions sound stupid in my head.   First, if you are wearing a skirt, long or short, what is the proper way to use the bathroom? Do you lift the skirt up or pull it down like pants? Or can you lift loose skirts but pull down those that are right?   Second. In the past, when I've gone out, a friend told me I attracted some male attention. (It made me feel good to hear that.) My question is, because I'm married, is it wrong to try and attract it? Like, not really flirting but actively trying to get the attention that cis girls get from guys?
  • Upcoming Events