• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Lolsmiley1341

African American and Weave Hair Questions

Guest Lolsmiley1341

Hiiii :)

Ok so I am curious what will horomomes do to the hair of an African? And then Second I would like to know about weaves what different types are there and what are the pros and cons of having one?

Sorry I ask a lot of questions,

Love Abi

Guest Aniya

I can't answer the first part because I'm not African American and the effects of hormones are different from person to person,

Now weaves here we go! There are human hair weaves and there are synthetic weaves. There are cheap weaves and there are expensive weaves. There are weaves that you clip in, sew in, and glue in. There's long and short, straight, wavy, and curly. The pros and cons of having a weave depends on which one you get. For example the pros of having a clip in weave is that you can put them in and take them off whenever and however you want. The con with that is that the clip will sometimes show specially if your hair is constantly moving, or if you have thin hair. Also they can easily come off and be pulled off if they're not clipped in correctly.

Here's a good article I found that can give you more info :)http://voices.yahoo.com/what-know-weaves-2925826.html

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 84 Guests (See full list)

• Shay
    • Mary Jane
    • Cyndee
    • Carrie
    • MaryEllen
    • Kelsey Brooke
    • SaraAW
    • Emily michelle
    • Dana Michelle
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

aggam
    Newest Member
    aggam

1. AB
      AB
      (23 years old)
    2. DemiBeth
      DemiBeth
    3. eieio55
      eieio55
      (60 years old)
    4. HannahMarie
      HannahMarie
      (30 years old)
    5. Jennylynn
      Jennylynn
      (43 years old)
    • Carrie
      I started a new job a couple of days ago.At the end of the day I received a text telling me if I did not give them my personal information they would cancel my shift today. This is the second job they have sent me to this year where all my personal information went missing. I ended up speaking to the team leader on the phone she claimed it had never happened to anyone else except me.  I pointed out that it had happened to me twice.  Is this incompetence or discrimination. Unfortunately when I applied for the job with this agency I was required to give them a copy of my birth certificate.  Which still has my old gender on it. I do not know if I am being paranoid or not. Frustrated Carrie 
    • KathyLauren
      Hi, Aggam.  Welcome!   Like your therapist, I can't tell you if you are transgender or not.  I can tell you that dysphoria does not go away, and it tends to get more severe the longer it goes untreated.  Since your therapist is not experienced with gender issues you might want to ask her for a referral to someone who is.   Some cross-dressers do not consider themselves to be transgender; many do.  Sometimes, people's understanding of themselves changes over time.  I know one lady who initially considered herself "only" a cross-dresser.  Then she considered herself a transgender cross-dresser.  Then she considered herself to be gender-fluid.  Now, she considers herself to be bi-gender.  She has told me that there may be more changes ahead as she gets to know herself better.  It is a journey of discovery, and who you are is for you alone to decide.   At 33, you are far from old.  I figured out who I was at age 61 and started transitioning at 62.  Now, at 65, I am happy with who I am.  I don't recommend leaving it as long as I did, but age is not a barrier.   Regards, Kathy
    • Jennifer T
      Western - Aquarius Celtic - Cat Chinese - Snake
    • KymmieL
      When I was getting fitted for my prosthetic breasts. The lady doing it asked if I wanted to do breast augmentation. She was telling me that it is not a one time good deal. you have to have maintenance on them every couple years. So I had though using product from your own body would be better.   Kymmie 
    • Susan R
      My BA doc called it “Fat Grafting” using a liposuction technique but I’m sure there are other names for it..who knows. My doctor prefers doing this procedure over man made implants but I checked with my insurance and it turns out that my trans care benefits only allow for silicon or saline breast implants which is a much less expensive procedure. Oh well, it’s better than nothing.   Susan R🌷
    • Sally Stone
      Hi Aggam, welcome to our forums. Wow, what a loaded question, and it is a question everyone has asked ourselves.   Being trans can come in many forms, and since each of us is different, sometimes it is hard to classify ourselves one way or another.  Your feelings are very similar to mine.  It took a very long time sort my feelings, but I came to some conclusions based on a deep self-evaluation coupled with a lot of study.  I read everything I could get my hands on related to the subject of gender and gender identity.   Ultimately, I have come to the conclusion that I am a part-time woman, a bi-gender person who needs to express both male and female personas to be happy and fulfilled.     It makes sense that your therapist won't tell you whether or not you are trans; I bet she is hoping you will discover that answer on your own.  I say take the time to explore your feelings and search for what really makes you happy.  There have been stresses and road bumps in my journey to self discovery, but mostly, it has been a very enjoyable ride.  To be true to our own personal needs I think it is important to choose our own path, instead of following the road someone ahead of us has taken.  I wish you all the best discovering who you are, and just know you have a lot of support here.
    • Mmindy
      I"m so proud of you pandamom, you are not out of line to do comparison shopping. Your support both emotional and financial are through the roof greater than most trans people experience. It's good that you asked for him to compromise on the Austin, TX doctor.   Best wishes, stay positive, and safe,   Mindy🐛🌈🦋
    • SaraAW
      Hi Aggam, Let me first start by saying, crossdressing does not make you a pervert, sexual fantasies involving other adults does not make you a pervert. The rest of the questions are really good ones, which only you can answer about yourself.    Transgender is not a noun, you can be a transgender person, but you can not be a transgender. Being transgender is not a philosophical point of view or ideology, it is a descriptor meaning someone who crosses genders. I mention this, as many folks may find the usages offensive.   It is very common for dysphoria to come and go over time. Many folks, myself included, have found that each time it comes back, it is more aggressive, until steps are taken explore and accept who you are.   There are many folks that never transition, socially or medically, for many reasons. Those of us that do transition, typically do only what we find necessary to alleviate our dysphoria to a level that allows us to live our lives. There is no rule book or script in which you need to follow, to be a trans person simply requires that your gender is different from that assigned to you at birth.   It is good that you have started therapy, as many of us find it immensely helpful. It is also good that your therapist will not tell you are trans, as only you can do that. Their role is to help you explore your gender, emotions, thoughts and sense of self to help you figure things out for yourself.   It is also very common to have fears of disclosure and how people will react. I would say, it is healthier to not hide a part of yourself, especially long term. Honest and open communication is also a cornerstone to a healthy marriage, but only you can decide if the risk or reward is greater. Gender non-conformity can definitely be very stressful on a marriage and for those of us that do come out to our spouses, the success rate is not much better than 50%.   If you come to the realization that you are indeed trans, that is valid, as is determining you are not.    There are lots of great folks here, many who have shared the stories, look around and you will likely find, you are not alone in how you feel.   Hugs!    
    • Jackie C.
      Hey @aggam! Welcome to TransPulse!   First off, you're not that old. You missed the sweet spot where hormones can still give us some of the more elusive female secondary sexual characteristics (like hips), but you're hardly too old to transition. There are plenty of people here who waited until they were MUCH (OK, that may have been insensitive. I don't mean it in a bad way.) older than 33. I didn't start until I was 48 and I'm a long way from being the latest start.   Secondly, you should find a gender therapist to work with. While regular therapists are great, you would really benefit from talking about your issues with someone who specializes in them. Just common sense. When your pipes leak, you find a plumber, not a bricklayer.   Thirdly, cis people don't question their gender. It feels right and they're comfortable in their own skin from the get go. I know it's hard to imagine, but it's true! Now whether that means you need to transition, keep crossdressing or whatever is something to talk about with your Gender Therapist. They'll help you figure out what you need to do to feel more at-ease with yourself.   Fourthly, gender dysphoria doesn't go away. It might get quiet for a minute, but it never completely stops. It always surges back later. Usually stronger than the last time. Definitely seek treatment. I was very self-destructive when I was denying who I really am. Like you, I only started taking care of myself once I started to realize the source of my self-loathing. I couldn't go back. If the choice was execution or going undercover, hand me my blindfold and show me where the firing squad is waiting. I could not go back to being that person.   So, you need to look at what's really going to happen if you come out to your spouse. She already knows about the crossdressing, so that's good. I wouldn't worry too much about the sexual feelings. I remember being a young man. Everything had sexual feelings attached because of the magic of testosterone. Still, something to talk about with your gender therapist.   That's probably not a super helpful answer, but the truth is that we all need to find our own path. Sometimes we lose things along the way. Sometimes we gain things too. In the meantime, we're here for any questions you want to ask or if you just want to vent.   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      They CAN move fat around... I'm blanking on what it's called. Basically they move fat from area #1 to area #2. It's basically how a Brazilian butt-lift (no really, that's what it's called) works. I've heard you can do it for breasts as well. I signed up for a breast augmentation ad/update thingy with local doctors so I get a ping in my mailbox with before and after shots with various procedures.   With the fat transplant, about 20% of the fat cells survive and make new lives for themselves in their new neighborhood. The rest get flushed out of your system. I think you need to have it "re done" periodically because the fat cells naturally migrate back to where they started through the normal functions of your body.   I hope some of that is helpful!   Hugs!
    • SaraAW
      It is defintely a procedure. It has decent success, but there are potential side effects, like any other surgical procedure. Google BA w/ fat transfer and you'll find details. I don't know anyone that has actually had it done, so can't provide any anecdotes.
    • Dinaki
      Hello and welcome @aggam   I don't know to answer your questions, perhaps a lovely lady here shall interfere and responds to you.   I did visit one Jaffa for a week sometimes ago. For some reasons though, the Clock Tower is deeply carved in me. I bought few items for my house in Athens from the flea market as well. I am still puffed with Shakshouka, lunch and dinner that dish I always ordered it, its so good and I miss it.
    • aggam
      I was born male, age 33, married to a woman with 2 kids. I've been crossdressing since I was 12 to get off sexually, and have continued doing so for my entire life. I went out fully dressed twice in the night. With time, my crossdressing wardrobe has increased from slutty clothes and fuzzy sweaters to a large set of female attire (dresses, skirts, shoes, heels, wigs, make-up). I've been turned on more and more by the thought of presenting myself as a woman up to fantasizing on doing sex with guys. I've never wanted a change of genitals, but had great desire to otherwise feminize my body (unfulfilled fantasies on growing nails, hair removal, breasts and hormones). With time, crossdressing has become less sexy, but increasingly soothing in times of stress or sickness.   In the last few months I've become obsessive with my crossdressing, the desires became very intense. This seem to trigger some kind of gender dysphoria issue with me - I have never before considered myself feminine physically or behaviorally, but I have to admit I've never considered myself masculine either (though I am objectively very masculine both physically and behaviorally).   Looking back on my life I've recalled instances suggesting I've been feeling uneasy with my assigned gender - for example, I find my own body unappealing, do not relate to it as mine and never felt handsome (this was not the case when I was crossdressing - for example I've been looking at my legs in leggings or high heels with admiration), I've had an unexplained discomfort going to locker rooms or urinals, I hate having haircuts, and I've rarely bought myself male clothes (my mother and then wife bought me). All of these led me to a kind of eureka moment which made me question my gender. Surprisingly, I've been feeling much less depressed and haunted by my crossdressing desire since. I've started to eat better (I'm overweight), and feel much more confident in growing my hair and laser my body (which I have done out of compulsion in the last two months). I am somewhat pleased to think about myself as a woman.   In parallel to this process I've started reading more about people like me from a psychological view point. Autogynephilia\secondary transsexual concepts describes my life almost to the letter, but it seems little to no information is given on what should I do.   Am I just a sex pervert trying to fulfill his greatest fantasy? Am I a repressed transgender who's inner self trying to emerge after sending signals all his life? Is my gender-happiness more important than the price to pay for transitioning in this late age and family status? Should I tell people close to me this bothers me (my wife is the only one who knows and she also knew about my crossdressing almost from the beginning of our relationship)? Is this gender dysphoria going to just vanish one day when I'm not stressed about life and have time for myself? or is it going to converge to transgenderism in a few months-years? Is not transitioning really a psychologically viable option (i.e., if I don't transition will I become overly depressed, obsessed and self destructing as I've lately been)? What am I?   Other related points: - I've been seeing a therapist for the last few months, she is not dedicated for gender issues and it took me a few meetings to bring it up. She won't tell me if I'm transgender or not, but try to make me say these kind of stuff myself. - Life has been stressful for a while (like 5 years), between work, COVID, and young kids I barely find time for myself, I have no hobbies left, and I barely meet my few friends with whom I have a rather shallow connection. - I barely dress at home, the kids are always around and I barely find the time. This might have increased my stress lately. - I cherish and greatly love my wife, however we have a mediocre sex life much because of me as I feel my sex drive is divided between her and my fetish. - I do not have any transgender, crossdresser or even gay person in my life (that I know of). I have not been to a support group.  
    • StrainAsylum
      Wow!  Such great lists and names.  I don't know many of these performers, but will certainly look them up.   Being fairly well "seasoned" (old), I've forgotten a lot of my earliest female vocalists, but here goes (in no particular order):   Karen Carpenter (amazing voice and incredible all-round musician) Adele Aretha Franklin Indigo Girls Melissa Etheridge Loreena McKinnett Carrie Underwood Joan Baez Janis Ian Pat Benatar K D Lang Amber Riley (little known, but she won an Olivier in London's West End for "Dream Girls")  Here she's singing a cappella - and it's funny as heck)      Can't remember any more right now
    • Dinaki
      I never heard of such a thing.  
  • Upcoming Events