• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The future

Guest leo

Something iv been thinking about a lot and I want to know what everyone thinks.

So where do you see yourself in 10 years? What would you be doing? Will you be stealth or openly out?

I should be fully transitioned by then, (the full works, top and bottom surgery) me and my wife have decided that when this is done we are moving to a different city for a new start. I Would also like to have had 3 children (got 1 already) also I want to be stealth. I want to live a 'normal' life and get on with it. I have found transition to have held me back 5 years already and I'm not even on T!

(fingers crossed I start 2moz, not holding my breath though)

• Forum Moderator

Making plans for the future is always good. Helps get you through the rough times too I think

Just don't put yourself on too rigid a timeline because with anything trans related there can be delays and snags that take time. Lots of time. Transition taught me patience as nothing else in life was ever able to do. I always took my time and weighed options but when I committed to a course of action I wanted it done NOW. With transition that just can't be made to happen. Trying to force things ends up just being a case of banging your head against a brick wall. You hurt yourself but accomplish nothing else.

A balance between planning for the future and taking today as it comes works best for most of us I think.

But without a plan you can also find you have been going nowhere but in circles so I salute you for that.

May the future be all that you envision!

Johnny

Guest shaubjd

Hey.

I used to get very depressed about the future. A year ago, I couldn't picture myself transitioning. It was a foreign concept to me.

Still, I couldn't picture a future with me in it. I wasn't suicidal in the traditional sense, I just wished I was never born.

Now, I'm a lot happier. T and being out publicly has allowed me to see a future where I have a place.

In 10 years, I would like to be doing something less beauraucratic than my current job, where I get that "hands-on" feeling of helping others.

I would love to go back to school for social work or something in that field.

Anyway, great question. Keep on keepin' on!

James

Guest ShortyT

So where do you see yourself in 10 years?

In a comfy computer chair, hacking away at a keyboard.

I'll still be out, as going stealth would mean having to relocate completely, and I'm way to lazy for that. Hopefully I will have found something else to do for a living, as my current job is too stressful for me. But, for now I can't think of something else to do. I also hope to have a boyfriend by then, but not counting on it. I'd better have gotten a better apartment at least!

If I am single and never move then I'll be out only as much as I need and little else.

If I am dating and happen to have moved I will be stealth.

If I move, it won't be until after all my legal paperwork is changed and I will more or less be stealth with the exception of Laura's. Don't know if I can ever fully give this place up. Guess we'll see.

While I would love to be an activist and supporter of TG rights like many of our moderators here I think I'd really just like a chance to live a normal quiet life with as little TG related drama as possible.

And the only reason dating would change my being stealth or not is because of feelings I had both with my last boyfriend and current prospective love interest. I would never want him to have people stick him with a lable like "gay" because of me, nor would I want to cause him risk with his relationships to family and friends because of my medical history. I'll be as stealth, and open as I feel I need to be and of course any potential S/O would be told long before things got serious.

You pretty much said everything I would say regarding what I want for my future Leo, but as for planning or where I truly see myself I really can't say. Right now I'm so broke I can't afford to pay attention and that kind of situation makes planning for the future very difficult. Where ever I end up, I just want to be happy and right now I am taking the steps to get there.

*hugs*

~Jade.

Guest Raging Shadow

ten years, ill be about 26...

fully transitioned except bottom surgery and definetly stealth

either in graduate school or teaching by then i hope

nothing too definete,probably living in Cali still, or New York, or England.

Who knows? :)

Five years from now, I will have a new name and be in my new career, and hopefully making enough money (and/or having a decent enough insurance coverage) that I may have by then had hysto and top surgery. I may or may not be on T. I may or may not still be living with my husband and girlfriend. My kids will probably still call me mommy (or mom, as the older one will be a teenager).

Other than that, I don't know. I might be living in Texas. I might be living in this area. Unless someone wants to pay me to take the California bar, I won't be living there. I can't see any way I'll be stealth. Well, I might be kinda stealth if I move back to TX...except in a small town, one is bound to be recognized now and again by people from high school or whatever. Though also, in a small town things like transness aren't as likely to be on the radar so passing might be easier.

I gave up quite a while ago on putting plans in stone. Was hard to get out of that tendency, I've always preferred to have a plan. Life, however, has seldom gone according to plan, so all plans now come with contingency plans.

Guest Kael147

I don't even wanna go to the future right now. I just want to live right now. I hope to get top surgery in 2012, but that's my biggest goal. I am in a highly public profession, so I doubt I'll ever be stealth!

Guest KaelParker

In ten years? I see myself graduated from college, a few years into a career, and in a steady relationship. I'd like to get married around 28, so I might be married or still waiting awhile. I will have been on T for just under ten years and had top surgery, maybe bottom surgery. :)

Guest Masculinity

Well, you guys should read my post because I dream big. In ten years, I see myself in any California university obtaining degrees in acting because I hope to become an actor when I grow up, having better friends than the ones I have in high school right now and being on T but still saving money for my first surgery that is top surgery... the most important one. Yes guys, I see myself following my hopes and dreams of becoming an FTM actor... I want to be on TV, movies, plays, Hollywood and to be accepted as FTM trans by who watches me on TV and movies. It would suck if people criticized me and telling me to get off the TV shows and movies because I'm trans. But... is it even possible?

Guest Yossarian

In ten years I see myself having completed my physical transistion but still growing into myself as a whole. I'll be content in a career I, for the most part, enjoy.

I may or may not be in a long term relationship. I most definitely won't have any children.

My life will be quiet and relatively simple. I see myself being happy.

Guest Call me DEAN

Ten years seems so far! I'm sure I'll have transitionned by then. I'm studying in university right now, and in about two years or three I'll be working and making a name for myself, and I want that name to be a man's. To me, building my portfolio and my reputation in the animation industry is another step in my life, a step that I fully intend to enter as a man. New beginning, no way I'm gonna screw it! I used to be quite pessimistic about the future, thinking I would have to hide my whole life and keep lying to those around me, taking blow after blow each time someone called me a woman, but now I know I can change things and make myself respected as what I really am, so I'm actually looking forward to it!

In ten years, I'll be near 30. I'd like to be married and have kids (being a dad's one of my biggest dreams). It probably won't be that easy, and I have no idea if I would have bottom or top surgery, but a guy can dream! I would also have a cool job in the movie and animation industry, though I am not sure in which field yet.

Thinking about the future and having goals and dreams is the way to go!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 112 Guests (See full list)

• Sally Stone
    • Ivy
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • KathyLauren
    • Jamey-Heather
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • Ashley0616
    • VickySGV
    • SamC
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

earthpatch
    Newest Member
    earthpatch

1. Anyatimenow
      Anyatimenow
      (23 years old)
    2. Aria00
      Aria00
    3. Ava B.
      Ava B.
      (24 years old)
    4. Claire Heshi
      Claire Heshi
    5. CrystalMatthews0426
      CrystalMatthews0426
      (41 years old)
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Indeed.  While it seems like the majority of LGBTQ+ folks vote for Democrat candidates, not everybody drinks the Kool-Aid.  I'm a registered Independent, since I vote for individuals rather than party.  One of my trans friends is very pro-Trump - wears her MAGA hat and everything.  I find it interesting to see the reactions she gets... folks aren't always as tolerant as they claim to be.  Even on this forum, you get some real flak from Democrat voters....many will insist that the California way is the only way.    In my opinion, "Project 2025" isn't the real problem.  Check out UN "Agenda 2030."   
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      While Biden may be more friendly to trans folks, I'm not a single-issue voter.  I just can't choose a Democrat candidate, as I believe their actions will destroy my community and way of life.  Biden just announced that he wants to significantly increase capital gains taxes.  Maybe he intends to "tax the rich" but that is going to affect everything from land sales to grocery prices to the cost of electricity and even folks' retirement savings, as most companies make a large amount of their profits through investing in the market.  It is absolute lunacy to think that increased cost or reduced profits won't be passed on to the rest of us.  Things are going to get way worse at this rate.    Mostly, I vote in elections for state and local issues, as the national government is about as pleasant as a Porta-Potty in July.  So, either I'll do a write-in vote for president, or I'll check the box for Trump.  Anything but Biden.     
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Interesting...never knew any of this.  Of course, in my girl form I never got breasts, so I never had to worry about it.  A couple of pieces of tape would have been sufficient...      Sounds like fun   It has been interesting for me since I stopped trying to do sex like a girl.  The real surprise was my relationship with my husband, as he has figured me out pretty well. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Women's jeans, soft t-shirt that could go either way, flip-flops. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      They were sitting on the love seat, looking west out over Kansas.  Below them the busy city ran to and fro.   "They called.  My surgery has been rescheduled for May 8.  I need to be there at 5 AM for pre-op.  I start prescriptions and diet change on May 1."   "Okay."  Bob did his not-thinking-about anything look.  Taylor was always amazed that he could  actually be thinking about absolutely nothing. She was always thinking of at least six things.   "How can they be like that?" "What?"  He startled a little.  Contact with reality was reestablished. "Where does the hate come from?  Mrs. McArthur?  She was always polite, but I think she wasn't really.  Somehow she hated me even though there were no indications whatsoever." "Yeah, well, you know they are starting up that plant.  And my company is going ahead with their work there, down n Milliville.   I will have to go down there sometimes." "Oh, Bob." "Maybe I will stop by and ask her." "No." "No.  Cabaret is closed, I have been told.  Your transgender support group has scattered to other places." "What is wrong with those people?" "Same thing as Roosevelt, I guess.  You know all the racial comments against Blacks?  Like that game where our cheerleaders started this insulting cheer, an the opposite team was mostly Black? Teachers stopped it." "I didn't know.  I was staying away from that, remember?" "Yes." "You know all those kids at our church, the ones you called freaks the other day?" "I shouldn't have called them that." "Pastor tells me they are all from all over the Midwest.  These are kids who have been thrown out of their homes and were found on the street.  Other shelters would not take them, so they wound up here." "Not surprising." "I think we could do some good here." "What do you have in mind?" And she told him.
    • EasyE
      You are spot on here ... but also it seems like such a rigged game for the average person that it's hard to invest energy into the political arena -- too much big money controlling too many people/organizations/narratives for the common person to fee; heard...   In general, why we in America accept either candidate is baffling... for all our innovation as a nation, we can't do better than these two bozos?    The problem is, the political arena is such a sham -- again with large money controlling all aspects of the system -- that a common-sense, love-your-neighbor, make-reasonable-compromises, roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-to-work candidate will never make it anywhere above the local level (if even there)...    Everything is a reality show, and boring ol' decision makers that try to benefit the most people don't generate enough clicks, views and retweets...  I am not sure it is so much about celebrity as it is about party politics at all costs - "my side must always be viewed as right and your side must always be viewed as wrong!" kind of thinking... there is no consensus building anymore because that will get used against you in campaign ads... When Obama took office and then Hilary ran again, it was like all Republicans want to do was to find someone loud enough to put them in their place. Forget issues, forget character, just win a debate and rally the base.    To get back to your original point, not enough of us care about politics ... and in some ways we've become fat, happy and entitled as a nation. The yearning to achieve the "American dream", which drove my parents and their parents before them to work their tails off and sacrifice and save, is now just "give me the American dream for free while I sit here on my phone and watch tiktok..."
    • Abigail Genevieve
      You are in the right place.
    • EasyE
      I am about 5 weeks ahead of you ... best wishes to you! For me it has been subtle changes at most so far (if any) ... but I am also on the "beginner's" level of patch, lol ...    Easy
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Oh, another comment.   I am a conservative evangelical with strong Republican leanings. So is my wife, my friends, my family. I disagree with a good amount of what the Republicans are doing, but there it is.  I understand the mindset, I think, a lot better than those who are outside it do.   When you insult Republicans you insult me, my friends, my family.   People like me can struggle with trans issues.   Please consider that in posting.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Then you are in despair.
    • MaeBe
      I found this as well. No playacting, they just appear: the finger waggle wave; bracing my elbow on my other arm that's folded across my chest, wrist in the air half-cocked; walking a bit more fiercely... All that. My wife thought I was mocking her at one point!
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I find my lack of time to read the thing frustrating, and I will not really comment until I have read it.  This is a wholly inadequate response.   1.  I think there are some legitimate concern.   2. Thoroughly discussing this will consume many threads.   3. I disagree partially with @MaeBe but there is partial agreement.   4. The context includes what is happening in society that the authors are observing.  It is not an isolated document.   5. Trump, if elected, is as likely to spend his energies going after political opponents as he is to implementing something like this.    6. I reject critical theory, which is based on Marxism.  Marxism has never worked and never will.  Critical theory has problems which would need time to go into, which I do not have.   7. There are groups who have declared war on the nuclear family as problematically patriarchal, and a lot of other terms. They are easy to find on the internet.  This document is reacting to that (see #4 above).   8.  Much of this would have to be legislated, and this is a policy documented.  Implementation would  be most likely different, but that does not mean criticism is unwarranted. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Sort of bracing myself for flipping, because I am wearing f and of course I wear f and it is natural to wear f and what else would I wear?  The  novelty is long gone out on this.  I wore a bra most of yesterday but we had a Zoom call and I took the bra off because I was concerned about the straps showing.  I missed it.    My body is saying "I am female!  Treat me that way!"   In the past it has screamed about this activity that  I have done to it.
    • Ivy
      This is what I'm scared of.  And it's quite possible. Apparently Chicken Little was right.
    • Ivy
      Whether it was a hate crime or not, it's still horrible.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.