• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

update

Guest jennifer_m

Guest jennifer_m

hi, i'm not sure if anyone here remembers me, but i thought i'd post an update since i've been here last.

i haven't been able to find a GT in my city yet, the closest one was a 1h commute on public transit... and i still haven't come out to my mother yet.

but what i did do, was find someone who can help me along my journey. i had taken out an ad on a site which i won't mention, and almost given up on it, when i had received an email from a woman who was interested. after sending some emails and pictures back and forth, we decided to meet. as it turns out, she knows some other transgendered people, and i might get a chance to meet them at some point... but she also let me try on her clothes, which was a real eye-opener for me. she was completely supportive the whole time, and i'm quite happy with myself now that i've tried it. we really enjoyed each other's company, and i really hope i can see her again this week to take me shopping for some clothes of my own.

she's so amazing, i don't know what i would have done without her. she's treated me like a woman since she walked through the door. i just love her to pieces. i know i shouldn't get my hopes up, but i really feel a connection to her, and i think she does too.

i guess makeup and shoes will be the next step. if i'm happy with the way things are going, maybe i'll go out in public before the summer is over.

thanks everyone for all your kind words and support.

--jennifer

• Forum Moderator

Very nice on your new friend Jennifer. Having girlfriends to share experiences with is priceless. Shopping with my girlfriends is one of life's true pleasures, I hope you get to enjoy this experience soon and trying on new things, it's so awesome.

Best to you

Cindy -

Guest Mia J

Having someone to help you out can be great. You get tips and help with the things you were not able to grow up with.

I would like to give some caution here to be very careful for anyone trying to do this with a stranger as sometimes people can be very deceiving.

Mia

• 1 month later...
Guest jennifer_m

i guess i should have updated this...

long story short, it didn't last. she invited me out one day to something i didn't feel comfortable with, and she hasn't tried talking to me since.

it sucks, but i'll get over it. plenty of other women out there. :)

• Admin

Looks like Mia was prescient with her comment. I'm glad that nothing worse happened than that your "friend" disappeared on you. It might have been worse. Is there not a LGBT or trans support group anywhere close by? Going the Internet route seems so risky. Please be careful out there, OK? We care about you.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest AllisonJane

I concur. Its good that nothing else worse happened. You will find new friends. I haven't really found any yet myself,but I'm holding out hope that I do. Soooooo,I start hoping for you too :)