Jump to content


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Seleste210

Hormone doctor ?

Recommended Posts

Guest Seleste210

Hello everyone

I'm def new to this do have no idea of what I'm doing is right so please forgive me. I live in San Antonio Texas and have been searching for a doctor who will help me with hormone therapy. It has been so hard a few endocrinologist I have contacted make it seem almost as if they've never heard the term transsexual. It has been so hard and I do have united health care but no help eater all just gives me lists of doctors and I need to call and find out myself.so please if anyone can point me in the right direction I would so greatly appreciate it :)

Share this post

Link to post
Guest Haileyruso

This link might help you get in contact with the LGBT community down there in San Antonio...information like who are the doctors willing to help with HRT are usually known to at least someone involved in "Pride". That's how I found a doctor who was willing to work with me on HRT.


Good luck hon, I hope you are able to find what you are looking for :)


Share this post

Link to post
Carolyn Marie

Hello, Seleste, and welcome to the Playground.

Our TG friendly endo list only has one in Texas, and that's in Houston, not exactly next door. I did a Google search and came up with this list for Houston:


My suggestion is to call one of these docs, and see if their office knows of someone in your area. If not, try the SA LGBT Center, or a gender therapy clinic, or, assuming you have a gender therapist, ask them. Now, if you don't, it may be very difficult to find an endo or other doctor who will do HRT without a referral letter.

It sounds like you really are lacking in some basic information about the process of transition and what all is involved. If that is the case, this site might help a lot:


It's got tons of good information laid out in clear order and their information is very reliable. Of course, our own forums are outstanding, but they do require more searching than the Road Map site.

When you get around to it, please post an introduction in the, what else, Introductions Forum. Thanks, and good luck.


Carolyn Marie

Share this post

Link to post


The usual process requires you to get an HRT referral letter from a trained gender therapist first. The gender therapist will act as your guide and advocate, as well as help you with figuring out the details of your gender issues. Being trans is NOT a one-size-fits-all diagnosis, there are a lot of possible variations between individuals and the proper course of treatment varies widely from case to case...

Look at the TSRoadmap link Carolyn posted, the details are many, and each is VERY important. Take your time, you are already on your way now, seek the BEST answers for YOU, that is the way to go...

Love and courage, Svenna

Share this post

Link to post
Guest JennX

Many general practioners and OB/Gyns also can provide HRT. An endocrinologist is ideal, but it's not required either.

Share this post

Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

    • Kenna Dixon
  • Topics With Zero Replies

  • Posts

    • VickySGV
      Sad to say, this is running about the same as it is here in the U.S. and may not be as bad in a couple of places, but still it is pretty bad overall.  Great Britain has about the same stats on H8ers, minus the KKK of course, but the Fundamentalist and Roman Catholic influences are used as the same excuses to just plain hate from what I have heard.
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/washington/articles/2018-01-19/senate-passes-conversion-ban-transgender-bullying-bills   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/third-transgender-people-victim-hate-crime/   This is very troubling, but given the very negative press and public opinions, hardly surprising.  The question is, what, if anything, will be done about it?   Carolyn Marie
    • Charlize
      Seat belts are not required but highly advised.  Actually i took me time to feel much and even then changes were slow and subtle.  Enjoy your journey!   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Timber Wolf
      Oh my gosh, I love it! Like stepping into a bygone era!   Lots of love, Timber Wolf🐾
    • Charlize
      This is my other baby.  It's a "52 chevy 1 ton flatbed that we use mostly for farm markets.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Cbxshawn
      Congratulations, get ready for the ride and hold on. I started HRT about 14 months ago at 41. I have loved every minute of my journey thus far. I won't lie, it's a roller coaster. Good luck on your journey and do keep us posted.    Hugs    Shawnna 
    • Shiratori
      My GP finally received the confirmation from Daventry GIC to prescribe hormones for me. I'll be on leuprorelin injections to stop production of T and estradiol valerate tablets. Shame I have to wait until after the weekend for the pharmacy to get them in, but I've waited this long so a few more days don't matter too much. Looks like I'll be on HRT in time for my 46th birthday on Wednesday.
    • amanda is cute MK3
      I have 2010 CRV  i did drive for years my parents 3/4 ton gm van and then their 1 ton dodge van.  i do have a thing for military trucks  i like the M809 series and some of the large german and russian trucks  
    • TessaOKC
      Here we go again Carolyn!!! You throw meaningful articles out there that usually result in really good  debates, thank you !!!   I have read two books by Jen Boylan and she is as real as they get. I also like that she's from Maine !!   The listed article really hit home while reading a quote from Kristen Beck, “What you wear, what color you are, your religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity has no basis on whether you are a criminal or not.”  Yes indeed. I support Eric Snowden and the courage it took for him to expose unprecedented abuses of power by the United States. His motives were clear, his intentions were more than obvious. Perhaps I still need more understanding,  but I have yet to wrap my head around the motives and intentions of the information released by Chelsea Manning...??? All I do know is that there is a sea of negativism surrounding her  and now her unqualified run for public office.   I spend hours every week at the  VA hospital attending LGBT group meetings. The horrible comments and ridicule I see on a weekly basis toward our transgender Vets walking the halls is unmatched by what I have experienced in public. A good friend straightened me out on this. He says the VA is filled with  right wingers. Yes it appears this is true. Since this whole Chelsea Manning running for Senate thing started it has gotten even worse, trust me!   I have posted on this site previously  that I merely wish Manning could be grateful for being free and go live a quiet, happy  and public free life. Jen Boylan echos this. I oh- so- admire the piss and vinegar Manning has but she is in fact a convicted felon embodied in a sea of perceived public hatred.   Like the hateful Vets at the VA, I don't think we will ever change their minds about accepting trans humans. . Not in this lifetime. Say what you will but it is my true belief that we need positive examples. Though she's not my favorite but Kristen Beck is right up there. Retired Navy Seal that served with honor and distinction. The author of this article, Professor Jennifer Boylan is another. This list goes on and on, doctors, lawyers, politicians, successful entrepreneurs . I support Chelsea manning as a trans woman and human being. I do not support her for a  Senate run, and her public exposure merely adds fuel to the fire of hatred already directed toward innocent trans people like me and you ......   In the brutal world of public opinion there is a saying; "Its not what you are but what people think you are."  I love and deeply respect our transgender community. You will never find such courageous people as represented in the transgender world. We proudly serve in  every profession, military branch, labor force and service industries. We never ask for recognition or a pat on the back, all most of us want is to be allowed to live our authentic lives free of murder, rape and ridicule.  Is Manning helping that cause?? What is your opinion??   Sincerely,   Tess
  • Today's Birthdays

    No users celebrating today
  • Upcoming Events

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • TransPulse Partners