• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Balance and Gentle Transitions/Subtle Adjustments

Guest Juniper Blue

Guest Juniper Blue

Hi All,

There are many things in my life that I am still transformibg. I feel that my journey in exploring gender, especially androgyny, has taught me a lot about balance.

When I was younger, I felt as if I was in tubulent waters ... there were times when I feared the currents of social pressure may take me under but I learned how to swim and how to find gentler currents.

I have learned to go at my own pace ... to take my own path ... to allow myslef to explore the waters ... to skim the surface and to dive deep.

Today, I try to allow my experience to flow naturally. I play with gender exploration and I am open to changes that feel right. Over time, my appearance has "settled in" through a succession of subtle shifts ... a slightly shorter buzz cut ... more mature muscle ... and confidence that has developed over the years. At 43, I feel more grounded ... solid and secure with myself. I have also learned to laugh a little .. to not take myself too seriously.

So, now ... Don't get me wrong ... I am still "body scultping" and "soul crafting." But waht I am tryign to say is that the waves are easier to surf when they come ... I can tread water if I need to ... and I am stronger than I have ever been... In fact, I am even open to not being "so strong." My gawd .. I have lived much of my life as small tank!! ... I am finally letting softness,sensuality,tenderness, vulnerability,patience,gentleness and beauty into my experience and expression. Finally ... I don't have to be a "tough guy" all the time.

Best to All,

Juniper Blue

Guest Donna Jean

So, now ... Don't get me wrong ... I am still "body scultping" and "soul crafting." But waht I am tryign to say is that the waves are easier to surf when they come ... I can tread water if I need to ... and I am stronger than I have ever been... In fact, I am even open to not being "so strong." My gawd .. I have lived much of my life as small tank!! ... I am finally letting softness,sensuality,tenderness, vulnerability,patience,gentleness and beauty into my experience and expression. Finally ... I don't have to be a "tough guy" all the time.

Best to All,

Juniper Blue

I absolutely LOVE this part of your post!

Huggs

Dee Jay

Guest Krisina

I liked what you wrote and "I have learned to go at my own pace ... to take my own path ... to allow myslef to explore the waters ... to skim the surface and to dive deep."

Krisina

Guest CariadsCarrot

I like both your attitude and the poetic way you express it. You have quite a way with words there Juniper Blue.

Gabe