• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A big mess

Guest sleeping chrysalid

Guest sleeping chrysalid

It turns out I've been using too much spray.

I can't believe it's got to this point but my mother just bought me a round brush and when I tried to use it the thing got stuck in my hair. If that's not a sign it's gotten out of hand I don't know what is.

Some of the product may have been washed out each time I showered but not all of it. After some time it's built up and my hair is all sticky. I've been trying to wash it out and I can't get it all out. I've had two showers so far and it still hasn't come out.

After the first shower I checked my hair. It seemed a tiny bit better but not much and it was still very sticky.

I tested to see how the round brush ran through my hair and it didn't get stuck when I just used it like a normal brush but there was still some resistance and the stuff wasn't completely out. I tested to see if I could roll it up like I would with a round brush and I still couldn't do that. Going that far caused it to get stuck again. It was still full of product build-up.

I had to get it out again and it wasn't easy. So I went back to shower for a second time. I came out. Felt my hair and it was still sticky. I didn't even bother trying the brush again because I knew it was going to get stuck.

I am having the most hillarious time trying to figure out what to do with my hair and even though I'm in a frustrating position it's also so ridiculous I'm laughing my lungs out. Who on earth is this bad? It is so exaggerated it would be comedic if it were a work of fiction. Who is so incompetent as to get a brush stuck in her hair?

This is just too funny but I've got to fix it. Washing it out the way I'm doing it now isn't working very well. I can think of a very cheesy pun right now but since it is so cheesy I'm just going to call this a "tough situation" that I've found myself in.

Guest sleeping chrysalid

What kind of shampoo are you using?

I'm using a Tresemme volumizing shampoo but it's not the shampoo that I have too much of. I was using it before my hair got long and I needed products to style it. Mom got me mousse and hairspray. I'm not using too much mousse. It's the hairspray.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Reason I asked was because there are certain cleaning shampoos that can be used to remove product build up. I cannot remember the brand, I just remember "Clean" across the front of the bottle and the shampoo was clear.

Guest avamae

This happened to me, all i did was not use shampoo, i loaded, oils such as Castor Oil. Olive Oiil, and Argan Oil into my hair. And when I was in the shower I used only Conditionar. This will make your hair really greasy but should make it easier to get a comb through your hair then use a clarifying shampoo. Oh and using a hair relaxer might help you a lot, I kn ow that is what my friend used. Well best of luck ! <3

-Ava

• Admin

My suggestion is to go to a professional hair stylist and have them give your hair a good cleaning and a cut. It might not even be the hair spray as you think it is, but it could be a chemical combination. One cleaning with an actual detergent will not cause irreparable damage but may chemically break down whatever is "gumming" up your hair. I had to do that one time when a stage make-up combo of stuff got loose.

The professional cleaning and instruction will be worth every small coin you spend on it.