• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Rebecca A

Guest Rebecca A

Guest Rebecca A

Ok, so Hello,

Some of you may know me from chatting in the community center as I have been around for a few years and am just getting set up on the forumns. I have recently become more involved with the Laura's Playground community as I have been unemployed since May of this year. While this is a public forum I cannot write a lot about my layoff situation, but I am more then happy to talk about it in chat. So, I have had some time to do some soul searching to try to make friends and to grow my network of contacts, friends, business relations, doctors, professionals, etc. Which in the chaos of transition and all the changes that we are undergoing it may be a good thing that I have this time to take a breather, to give back to my fellow sisters and try to help others while making friends.

Now that I have gotten that out of the way, about me, well the project I am the most proud to talk about and want to let you all know about is that I am involved in a Non-Profit as a board member - volunteer, our goal is to open the first of its kind LGBTQI center for homeless Youth. We are hoping to have permanent housing facilities for 45 Youth at a time, along with schooling facility, and summer camp. I was lucky enough to meet an 'idol' of mine, a rolemodel to the trans community to get involved in this project and now consider her a close friend, for purposes of not giving away personal information I will refrain from putting her name here. In either case, I am qualified as I recently finished my Masters in Accounting / Finance and have a Bachelors degree in Business Management with focuses in HR and Finance. I have worked for eight years in public accounting and tax, plan to get my enrolled agent certification before the end of the year and my CPA within the next couple years. This volunteer position could very well become a full time job once we get the funding for the project through our fundraising effors. But, in either case, I am still applying to other jobs to get something sooner rather than later, as I have no idea how long it's going to take us to raise the funds needed even if we are optimistic, as the saying goes 'two in the bush is worth one in the hand.'

Ok, so that is my professional background and the project I am proud to be involved in, I find that I have become more and more the activist as I continue through my own transition. I am a she/her, Rebecca, have been on HRT for almost a year, started living fulltime as a woman in May after my layoff, progress is going well, though similar to many of us I am frustrated that I can't move ahead with certain procedures because I don't have the funds to pay for the procedures. Regardless, hopefully I will have the funding soon, I'm considering doing a campaign to ask for donations through the internet, and other avenues to raise the money needed. I have legally changed my name, going through the process now of changing it on all my documents right now, credit cards, bills, etc. I have my updated license with the Female designation listed on my license, and I have nearly gotten rid of all of my 'male' clothes, I still have a couple coats and some shoes, but hopefully I'll get a winter coat (female) soon and then I can get rid of the few straglers.

I blog, I tweet, I play league of legends, I enjoy some tv, such as SCANDAL on ABC, such a good show ;), and I watch a lot of movies. I listen to a wide variety of music, favorite bands currently include Katy Perry, Florence and the Machine and the Silversun Pickups. I have probably four people in my life that I can truly count on, other than that I feel like I have lost most, if not all of my friends going through transition, and many family members as well. My relationship with my Father was stretched even before this, and once I told him, he was just not healthy to talk to so I had to block him from communicating with me as everything he had to say was simply hurtful and not helpful.

So, what's next for Rebecca? Who knows, part of the uncertainty scares me, part of it excites me, hopefully if anything I'll have a job soon, and with a job comes money which will at least allow me to begin to move forward again. Part of me feels like I am stuck in a holding position, waiting for different pieces to fall into place. Granted I'm not being 'passive' in my own life by any means, just stating that I have a lot of things up in the air all at once.

Hello, and I hope to get to know more of my sisters here as time goes on,

Look forward to hearing all of your stories and becoming closer with all of you for as I said we are sisters, and we can create our own new friendships and family if those who are suposed to be our friends and family choose to turn their backs on us,

-Becca

Guest miss kindheart

Hi Becca,

:friends:

It is so nice to see you finally came over to forums :agreed:

What took you so long :dunno:

I can see your gonna be hooked in no time :harhar:

Look forward to seeing more of your post :thumbsup:

:wub: vanna

Guest Rebecca A

hehe, well thankyou vanna, I'm glad we connected today, not sure if I had talked to you before our lengthy conversation today, and I do a lot of writing like this through my blog, just have to find time to be multiple places at once. I'll figure it out I'm sure.

Guest Rebecca A

yes, yes, I will 'control' the addictive urge, lol, just getting my poems up for you guys to see and get me over the 5 posts so I have access to other things ;).

I want to wish you the best in your job hunt. Just finished up a temp job myself, and may have some part-time stuff coming along before long. It can really be discouraging, but with your training and experience, plus filling in the time with volunteering, I expect you will come up with something really good before long.

Big Huggs,

Opal

• Forum Moderator

Hi Becca and welcome. I read your poems before your introduction. Grab a seat on the swing set you'll fit right in. Cookies and milk are on the picnic table so help yourself.

We do ask all new members to read the terms and conditions found at the bottom of any page. Just helps us to keep the site safe and useful for all.

I have relatives in Waterville and dear friends in Livermore Falls. I was able to visit them this summer and they had a chance to meet me as a woman. I guess my friends deserve that name for so far everybody has been so kind and loving. The years of fear have almost melted with the love of others. I am a lucky woman for sure. Welcome to your sisters and brothers.

Hugs,

Charlie