• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VickySGV

"The Least Of My Children" TDOR

VickySGV

I posted a message on the Face Book site of my church's TGLBIQA advocacy organization and in posting it the Parable of The Sheep and The Goats, came to my mind. I was inviting all the people who visit that web site, who are non-trans to come to our TDOR celebrations and get to know us, and it seemed natural to let them know that now if no other time of the year we may feel that we are the ones described when Jesus says "If you have done service, good or terrible, to the least of my children, you have done it to me!!" We are a small group and all too often may be seen in that description, even by some who say we cannot be His Children, but I for one proudly claim the right to be just that, one small beloved child who has her part in His family, and my treatment is important to Him.

May you find His Peace in your doings this day.

Carolyn Marie

Thank for doing that, Vicky. I think its really a nice thought, and I hope some do come. If not, at least you've provided something to think about.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Charlize

Thank you for that thought Vicky. I hadn't looked at myself as the runt goat that we managed to find a home for last week but it makes me even happier that she is cared for and not slaughtered as not worthy of continuance. " Little Dorrit" and i have more in common than i had realized.

Seriously, a wonderful share.

Hugs,

Charlize

gennee

We discussed this at bible study last night. Thank you for your thoughts, Vicky.

:)

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 117 Guests (See full list)

• JoniSteph
    • Astrid
    • Jackie C.
    • EliAvery
    • MaryMary
    • MaryEllen
    • SaraAW
    • Lady Ayu
    • DeeDee
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Jamie Jones
    Newest Member
    Jamie Jones

1. abstractemp
      abstractemp
      (23 years old)
    2. Aeroswift99
      Aeroswift99
    3. Willow
      Willow
      (71 years old)
    • Jackie C.
      That made me smile. Thanks for that @Carolyn Marie!   Hugs!
    • JoniSteph
      Just a quick update.  I have started communications in the last few days with my son, although limited at the moment, to messaging each other to open the way going forward. This I hope gets him to get better informed from his gay friend at work on LGBT++ and to talk to his wife regarding my visits to my grandson. There is indications that he is changing his point of views.   Another quick update is 11 days to my HRT first appointment and I am so nervous, anxious, scared to be declined and all the rest of the typical feelings that I have read about. Even mood swings, crying for no obvious reasons, and going to bed to sleep, hope to awake to find it is all over,and is a year from now in a NEW body. sigh - not to be.   To decrease some of the above, went to get eyebrows shaped yesterday decreasing the droopy eyelids and increasing the visibility of my pretty blues.   That alone made me feel better. Discussed with esthetician, my best options for hair removal, recommended to see if HRT reduced the heaviness of my white facial hair or not. A wax trial previously done has seemed slowed the growth and quantity of hair regrowth, though not proven other than amount to to be shaved. Time will tell.   Thanks for reading and have a great weekend all   Big Canadian Hugs JoniSteph
    • Jackie C.
      It would be lovely if we could restore some semblance of democracy. I'm still seriously considering claiming asylum in another country if Trump gets another term. I'd rather not wait until the right wing declares that it's legal to hunt us for sport.   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      Love and acceptance is harder to practice than hate. It requires you to get to know somebody and extend some empathy. Hate is easy, "I don't like that person because they're not like me." No thought required.   You're right though, the younger generation is certainly in a better spot than I was at that age. Your peer group still taught you to hate "the gays" and you went along with it because peer pressure. These days, kids are more open and accepting. There are still horror stories, but here in the Midwest (we're like the deep south, but walk it back about twenty percent), we seem to be mostly over it. I'm going to claim good influence from Canada. Thanks Canada!   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      You took my traditional greeting. 😘 Welcome to the community anyway!   We trans people are (estimated) to be about one in two hundred people. A lot of us are also closeted to some degree or another. Even more leave the community once they're done with the surgery and just live as their preferred gender. They don't want to be reminded of the pain of dysphoria... which I kind of get. Dysphoria sucks, but on the other hand I can't see myself turning my back on the next generation either...   I'm rambling. I'll stop. Again, welcome to the community! I think you'll like it here.   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      @TammyAnne, she wasn't wrong. Producing creative work you can sell in two disciplines is difficult. Then again, we all need to have hobbies. Sometimes we're very good at them. I'm glad you're picking up the guitar again, the world needs more music.   I don't actually want anything for Christmas. I expect a gift card from my father in law. I'll probably use it for underwear and socks like I did last year. That's not a bad thing, I have live five pairs of daily-wear in rotation and four pairs of "special occasion" undies. I could probably use another bra too if I can find one in my size (Sasquatch petite) that I like. The best gift I could get is just the smiling faces of my extended family and being made to feel welcome... part of that is going to be weird. By Susan's request, we haven't told her dad. This has in no way kept me from being out in front of her dad. I'm not sure he knows who I am.   I'm making sure to play Santa for the gaming group. They all get cards because there's a lot of them. I've got some ideas for my niece... she likes goth jewelry as much as I do. No clue what to get for my nephew. Susan's getting a hand-painted jewelry box in the shape of a sea turtle. To me anyway, that's what the season is about. Giving little gifts to friends and family to show that you appreciate them and then spending time together.   And now I'm tearing up... we so need a happy tears emoji.   Hugs!
    • SaraAW
      Love and acceptance can be taught as easily as hate, not sure why so many people prefer the later. Thanks for sharing Vicky. It sounds like your message was well received.    *hugs*
    • SaraAW
      Welcome Dillon. 
    • TammyAnne
      Hello Victor. Welcome to the forums. I hope you'll find answer, questions and things to think about here with these friendly, helpful and supportive people. This is a good place to be. Since you're interested in game design, you should look at a program called 3DS Max, software made specifically for game creation. TA
    • SaraAW
      Welcome Victor. 
    • Charlize
      As i listen to TV, radio and internet news it unfortunately becomes obvious that we are increasingly a target for the right wing. Fortunately at the same time society is more accepting than it has ever been.  I hope the majority can again control the politics without gerrymandering and voter suppression giving hate the platform it has today.     Hugs,   Charlize
    • Charlize
      Welcome  Victor.  Hope you meet some friends here and have a chance to find a path that fits and feels right.     Hugs,   Charlize
    • Timber Wolf
      Good morning everyone, 🌷   Happy Birthday Willow!🎂 Happy Birthday Aerowswift99!🎂 Happy Birthday abstractemp!🎂 Hope you have a wonderful day!   Lots of love,  Timber Wolf 🐾
    • Timber Wolf
      Hi Victor, Welcome to Transpulse.  I'm glad you're here!   Lots of love,  Timber Wolf 🐾
    • TammyAnne
      I played Santa to myself. Skip ahead for the punchline. Backstory: a long time ago I was both a performing musician and a visual artist. The woman I was in a relationship with insisted I couldn't do both and had to choose. I chose visual art, set down my guitar and went. Punchline: I've been plunking around on a little classical guitar, but just bought a nice electric guitar to play. Who knows, I may even get back on stage someday! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
  • Upcoming Events