• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The heart again.

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Well it seems i'm dealing with another setback on my orchiectomy scheduled for 5 days from today. After getting all of the tests and letters completed and into Dr McGinn's office i have hit a snag. My cardiologist has seemingly changed his mind. When i went in for surgical clearance 6 months after my heart attack he said yes i could proceed as long as i continued to take the anticoagulants that have been prescribed. I think he may have felt that Dr. McGinn couldn't do the work in that case. She can and now after a second visit he has decided i have to wait for a year to pass so the end of march is my date at this point.

I'm hoping he calls me back as i do want to point out that when i had stitches this summer because of an accident on the farm the procedure was done under local anesthetic and there were more stitches and almost more surgery than the small incision that will make my life so much better.

I am already looking for a new doctor. He has been difficult since i mentioned my gender issues. I just hope i can find a better cardiologist who has any understanding of our issues in our area. I had stopped looking but i'm back on the search again.

If you hadn't guessed i am upset. This too will pass but right now i could spit nails.

Fortunately i've got a GLBT AA meeting tonight and those poor men will get another earful of a trans person wanting a part of her past removed.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Admin

I do find some question in his professionalism, and his knowledge of Trans* stress issues. We are talking a heavy STRESS issue in your life by not having the surgery. I agree it may be time to see a more enlightened colleague of his in his field. Hang in there hun, I know how long it takes to get a 90 day chip!! <seemingly forever> (Oh, I am the new Chip person at one of my meetings for the next 6 months,)

Guest Mickey

Charlize I am so sorry. I know how it feels, having to wait some more. I hope you can find a more understanding Dr soon. I see mine next Wednesday and I'll ask him about the progress then.

Guest Carla_Davis

Hi Charlize,

I am sorry to read about your setback.

Have you ashed Dr. McGinn about a Trans* Friendly Cardiologist?

I feel she would be your best Ally in this case.

Enjoy your GLBT AA Meeting tonight

Hugs, :wub:

Carla

• Admin

I completely understand how you feel, Charlize. It does seem like an overly cautious approach. Good luck with your search.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

HUGGS, Girl. :friends:

I hope you find a much better understanding Cardiologist soon, Charlize.

However, the end of March is not that far off. Unless it's a stalling tactic.

Huggs, :wub:

Joann

I agree, this cardiologist is being too conservative. An Orchiectomy can be done with a spinal anesthesia which is low risk compared to General Anesthesia. A spinal would place much less stress on.your heart than even local anesthesia. I would query a cardiologist about a spinal tap Chalize. Kathy

• Forum Moderator

Hugs Charlize. Sorry you are having this frustration- I know you'll get it straightened out. I think I prefer the transphobic people who are in your face haters to the ones who are obstructive instead. Sometimes I think they teach it in medical school going by my own experiences anyway and I suspect this is the same thing.

I know you'll get here and hope there won't be any more of these roadblocks.

Hugs

Johnny

• Forum Moderator

I just got off of the phone canceling my surgery. I must admit to being frustrated and the end of March seems a long way away. Yet again 3 days before the procedure it has been snatched away. Parts of me want to climb back into bed, curl up in a ball and cry.

I have to look at some good things however.

The weather is moderating and it looks like the next few weeks may be days of freezing nights and warm days. I have only to plumb in the sap extractor on the vacuum system and set up a pump and i'll be tapping and boiling sap. That would be hard walking bowlegged.

The goats will kid towards the beginning of March so i asked to be rescheduled for the end of the month. Hopefully i'll be around to assist in those births if the does need help.

Now i've got to call the young man who was going to take me to the hospital and cancel.

I'm trying to concentrate on the positive but tears sit right behind my eyes. Better not stub my toe.

Hugs,

Charlize

Life sure does suck sometimes Charlize

Hang in their girl Time always drags when you are waiting for something to ease the pain of dysphoria. What some doctors don't get is for TS people, MTF testosterone actually causes us pain. I was supplemented for about 10 years with testosterone and the higher the dose became, the more miserable I felt. With the T removed from my body, I'm amazed at how much calmer it made me feel.

I pray that saner physicians get it that for us T make us miserable. And removing the source is a great positive improvement to our lives. Kathy

• Forum Moderator

Unfortunately blockers have not done their job as well as i'd like. My cardiologist looked at the level and said it was higher than his.

The orchid will solve that but it is taking well over a year to go from getting the requirements to sitting here for 3 more months. I am looking forward to sleep tonight. I've been busy and tried to help some others here and elsewhere today. I need to get my mind away from my disappointment and anger. (maybe that is from the T)

Hugs,

Charlize