• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Charlotte J.

My poems to be published in Bluestockings Magazine

Guest Charlotte J.

I'm very excited.

I just received a positive response from bluestockings magazine regarding three poems I'd sent them for publication. The editor wrote that they "would love to move forward with these poems!" The next step is for us to discuss publication options and possible edits.

I've been writing poetry for many years and have had some poems published in small magazines before. This publication is definitely something new for me--it's put out by Brown University and is a feminist, trans-inclusive publication. Publication will also be a part of my coming-out process; the poems will be published under my real name.

I'm so excited!

:) :) :)

Carolyn Marie

Big congrats, Charlotte. As an occasional poet myself, that is an awesome indication of the quality of your work. Please post a link to them when they are published.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Charlotte J.

I will, Carolyn Marie. Thanks!

Charlize

Congratulations!!!!

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest Raya

Awesome, Charlotte!

Its good to see I'm not the only one who enjoys your writing

Guest Jamie61

Yay! Very happy for you.

Looking forward to reading these in print!

Jamie

You go girl!!! Could you post a sneak preview of them in your blog space here? Hug. JodyAnn

Guest Charlotte J.

Thanks, everyone! No sneak previews, though. I know my blog is private here, but that gets into first publication rights territory.

Guest Charlotte J.

I've been in contact with the editors at Bluestockings. Publishing is a slow process. We're making progress, and I hope the first of the three poems will be published on the website in September. We'll see. I'll update this thread when it is.

CiCi_73

Looking forward to it, so inspiring (coming from another wanna be writer :thumbsup: )

Courtney

Guest Raya

That is awesome, Charlotte!

I liked my first pass thru the poem, but it's late and I will return to it when my brain is better

Charlize

It is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 94 Guests (See full list)

• Carrie
    • BorderTerrierFan
    • Sophie Watson
    • Patti Anne
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

jimbo00us
    Newest Member
    jimbo00us

No users celebrating today
    • Sophie Watson
      So I made a video about my worries about socially transitioning on Youtube. About easing my way into being a woman out in public not just in the comfort of my own home.    The more I spoke about it the more clueless I felt I was as to what would be most comfortable for me and for other people.    Like, it will be super scary going out dressed as ME. Not because I'll be uncomfortable but worried about how people will look at me and treat me.    What are your experiences? Did you ease yourself into it? Or did you just turn up to work one day with full make up and dress.    My video is here where I speak more on the topic -      I wish I knew how to stop link's I post from making a huge deal of it. How do I make it stop showing a giant pic of my ugly face? 
    • Carrie
      Hi Tracy  I like all of those.  My favourite Song of all time is Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.  There have been others but none like this. Carrie
    • Carrie
      I went into the city today this picture is of my in front of the Queen Victoria Building which is in the centre of the city and is very old as you might guess from the picture.  This was just before I met with my image consultant which went terribly well. 🙂 The other picture is of my at my local chess club.  
    • tracy_j
      It's a difficult one has it has changed over the years. I probably could not pick a single one but The Rolling Stones, The Doors, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd and The Ramones would have to be in the shortlist. Having said that lots more are coming to mind. Individuals like Carlos Santana and Chuck Berry. Such a variation!   Tracy
    • Carrie
      Hit Tori Glad you had a good day!   I know how hard it is to stop I have smoked since primary school.  You can smoke on the medication but it is not recommended though I always have.  My doctor told me at the beginning to had half an aspirin if I was going to smoke because it would help to stop the blood from thickening too much. I saw my psychiatrist for the first time to day and he told me I would not be seeing him again.  While that may sound bad it was wonderful.  He wrote me a letter of support form SRS surgery.  He said many of the doctors in Thailand know him so it is a great step.  LOL I just need to find a doctor now! 🙂 🙂 With lots of love Carrie
    • Carrie
      Hi Tori Sorry was talking to my dad to give him the news from today which was fantastic.  
    • Tori M
      I've had a good day, Carrie.  I just finished writing about it in my blog.  How about you?  It's after 11 here on the U.S. Pacific coast; almost time for bed.  Contemplating one more toke and a half a cigg before bed.  I'm trying to wean off the ciggs for good.  You would think if a person only smokes 5 a day, might as well quit, eh?  Not that easy; they're my friend when I need a break.  I'm pretty resolved on it now though.  Don't want to smoke and take E together.  I'm giving myself until my B-day.
    • Carrie
      Hi Kaltia I am so happy for you. We all are here to support each other that is why it is so wonderful here. Hugs 💖 Carrie
    • Kaltia_Atlas
      ❤️ I love all of you! Thank you so much for the support! @Shay so happy for you and proud of you! This was a very good day for both of us indeed!   Have a good night ladies!   Hugz ❤️ Kali
    • Carrie
      Thanks Dinaki Just got back home and made myself a coffee, it is 3:40 in the afternoon. How is everybody
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.jweekly.com/2020/07/01/becoming-a-rebbetzin-what-its-like-to-come-out-as-transgender-when-youre-married-to-the-rabbi/     Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updates-protests-for-racial-justice/2020/07/02/886810648/what-happened-when-police-brutality-protests-and-pride-month-converged     Carolyn Marie
    • Susan R
      Congratulations @Shay & @Kaltia_Atlas . I know that you’re both very happy right about now. The thought of taking that very first dose is still as fresh in my mind as it was back then. I’m sure you‘ll both will have this memory for the rest of your life. Another huge milestone soon to be completed for the both of you ladies.   Best of luck on your next adventure! Susan R🌷
    • Susan R
      Welcome @Hammertime. I’m glad you found us. It’s nice to see another Washingtonian in the group. With a little hard work (emphasis on ‘little’), you’ll likely find many of the answers you're looking for and even make a few friends along the way.   If you feel comfortable doing so, maybe share with us a little about yourself and your journey here. I’m sure many would be interested.   Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷
    • IcamoutofthePANtry
      Should I leave the dark? Show everyone my heart It’s safe here But so so hard to stay I want you to see who I am But I don’t know if I’m a man If I don’t know who I am Who can? I am so so scared To tell you what I feel Because I can’t figure out If my feelings are real I’ve been talking to others And nothing is helping I can’t tell my mother That she’s got two sons I look at myself and I hate who I am Is that because I’m trapped Or because I feel fat? No one taught me how to deal with these things Am I trans or just tired of gender stereotyping? I don’t know who I am I don’t know who I am!! Someone please give me a helping hand! Give me a gender that I can accept Give me feelings I can understand Give me a body and make me feel safe PLEASE help me find who I am! I want to be me   But no one knows who that is
  • Upcoming Events