• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Take a little trip with me on Jody's Journey; if you care? If you dare!

Hello all from the moonlight of Bangkok! Yes it's Thailand, yes it's my turn! I'm so happy I can't stop crying with gratitude. That and I am so wrung out! Up twenty eight hours except for little cat naps. Four air terminals, three jets, all the coffee, tea and water I could drink.

I want my tailbone surgically reinstalled before my GCS, those jetliner seats have teeth! That trip was just plain brutal! None the less wonderful, I smiled the whole trip!

I've had my tea, shower and now my last cup of tea. Oh and smoked my last L&M from my seventh floor balcony.

I'm done, stick a fork in me! I'm off to a really nice bed. More tomorrow after my first consultation. Bow. JodyAnn

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Charlize

• Ravin

• VickySGV

• Cyndee

• Forum Moderator

Sleep well dear one. Glad you made the journey despite needing some additional backside surgery. Keep us posted as you have the energy. What a magical adventure.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Admin

On the way for sure, {} YEAH!! It is a total adventure to "The Other Side"

• Admin

A stranger in a strange land, for sure. Or perhaps more accurately, a strange stranger in a strange land. Oh, but I digress. :P

Be well, Jody, and happy trails to you. Please don't ride any elephants after your surgery, OK? Promise me?

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

Be well, Jody, and happy trails to you. Please don't ride any elephants after your surgery, OK? Promise me?

She will probably want to avoid the merry-go-round horses too!!

• Admin

On the way for sure, {} YEAH!! It is a total adventure to "The Other Side"

Can I be shipped home in a FedEx box with lots of foam popcorn?

My home trip was made on a special cushion I made from material used in life jackets and personal floatation devices. We had driven up to San Mateo from Los Angeles, and the trip home was 4 days since my "care takers" wanted to spend time at a couple of tourist traps on the road down. It worked for me because the foam was not as squishy where it was under my legs, and the hole in it was right under my stitches. .

See if you can get FedEx to sell you a bag of the foam popcorn, and sew it in a pillow case that can go through screening. It might work great. I made my personal settee the day I was cleaning the old guts out. I do know how to do upholstery as a hobby so I was an old sew an sew that day as well,.

Guest KerryUK

Wow JodyAnn, there already. Take care and do what the nurses tell you. You'll soon be up and about (on the other side) and wondering what all of the fuss was about.

Kerry

• Forum Moderator

That's wonderful to read this morning that you made it Jody Ann :)

I hope you are getting that well deserved rest as I type this.

Hugs and beyond...

Cynthia -

We break for a special report from our LP Thailand Corespondent: TWELVE FLIPPING HOURS for my consultation. Poked, prodded, pictured and those waiting room chairs. I WANT A BUTT TRANSPLANT!! My driver is so cool! He picked me up at nine a m and dropped me off at nine p m. This report is short my bed is calling me.

I love Bangkok, it has just become my number one "move to" city. Much more on that later. At the hospital, I got a few stares and glares from the people that don't matter; I didn't care because they just don't matter. All the ones that do, I was busy making friends with. I can almost bow now without looking like a ditzy bobble torso doll. Giggle. Traffic is totally insane! It fits my driving style perfectly. One does not have time to scream and flip people off, if you do two other drivers and a city bus just took off three more of your fenders. Almost no dented up cars here, I would call it precision respectful survival. What are you kidding! If people in Phoenix tried to drive like this, they would have the Circle K on every corner converted into auto body shops in a month. The whole city is my wild new playground JodyAlice in Wonderland! Forget the rabbit, I ain't late for nothin'!

They also know now what I have known all along. I am very high risk. With enough tears and pleading they are going ahead with my surgery. I showed them all my homework, fully prepared to give my life for a shot at this, plan B really sux as it is a swan dive off my hotel balcony. I'm not going home with Mr Trouble and his two little boys. They took me very seriously. I have to hold up my end of the bargain, take every precaution, follow every instruction exactly and take the new meds they are giving me as directed. Getting home is a whole new challenge, I'll cross that sky walk when that day comes.

I love my surgeon. I fully expected his consultation to be: This is what you pay, this is what you get. No substitutions from the menu. Well looky here! Jody picked her VayJay from the ala carte menu. He showed me all the pictures and results of the surgery. Nice but lacking the typical JodyAnn flair. "Do you have any questions?" Why yes, can I have this, that and that instead. I'm glad his english is very fluent. I discused about me and my multiple orgasms I don't want to loose, showed him several pictures of other females and he was busy asking questions, then taking notes. The more I asked for the more he smiled. Above all I want it to be asthetically pretty, like a flower. He smiled very big and warmly, scanned through the pictures in the files of his computer and said "is this it?" WOW! He nailed it right out of the box! Take the pun anyway you like! This is the one that's JodyAnn!!!

I'm off to bed, tomorrow one more trip to the hospital for a consultation with the Cardiologist. Monday seven a m can't come soon enough. Gnite all. Hug. Jody

• Forum Moderator

After you get your cardiologist consult hopefully you'll have time to see some sights like a temple, garden or a great market. My friends who survived the war in Viet Nam loved their time in Bangkok and Thailand. You are very much in my prayers. Any english speaking meetings? Could be a nice way to meet some locals.

Hugs,

Charlize

Sitting ans sitting at the hospital again. I can endure, I'll be fine. More when I get back to my laptop.

Love the food! It's plasma fluid bath hot. Tonight is the liquid gut bomb grenade. No food or drink after 7am. Today is my day to chow. I'm starting to get the hang of Thai baht money. I felt peculiar having to try and pay USD. I hope to learn a few words and phrases before I'm gone.

Oh skip the rental car! Streets like multi level mazies, about twenty different kinds of traffic signals, usual gridlock intersections are controlled by whistle blowing Police that don't like to play. Only the major street signs are in English. I've never seen a gas station... Being a professional drive does me little good here. Though I love and am enchanted by the multi thousands of scooscooters small bore motorcycles, I want one!

Oh yeah, the Harley dealer is up the street from the hospital, I haven't seen a one on the street. Who would want to fight traffic on one of those whales??? I'm going here and there now, maybe more later.

I'll make a new gallery of the pictures of here as I'm recovering. Hug. JodyAnn

Guest KerryUK

Your post brought the memories of our visit to Bangkok back so clearly. So busy and bustling - that traffic, sooooo chaotic with the 'Whacky Races' start at each set of traffic lights (mopeds and scooters at the front). Oh, that heat and humidity - amazing.

Do try to visit the Royal Palace Jody, it's really beautiful.

Oh, Harley Davidsons - about as manoeuvrable as a deep sea super tanker, so practical. You might guess that I hate the things - give me a European sports bike any day.

Kerry x

• Forum Moderator

You make Thailand and the sights so vivid. Sounds like you are enjoying it thoroughly. In your special exuberant Jody way.

My thoughts and wishes will be with you tomorrow and in the coming days.

Hugs

Johnny

I'm packing up for the hospital as I speak. I have a few hours of cushion, thank you insomnia! It comes in handy. Giggle.

Let me get my bath and hot tea with creamer, before I make my last official pre-op report. I want to tell how blessed I was yesterday. Love doesn't need a language, it communicates all on it's own!

OK, ok, I don't have little rainbows shooting out my hiney, although... IT JUST DON'T GET NO BETTER THAN THIS!!! Hug. JodyAnn

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 103 Guests (See full list)

• Karen Carey
    • MaybeRob
    • Willow