• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Castration?

Guest Ashlyn M

Guest Ashlyn M

Is it a bad idea? I feel kind of embarrassed asking this, but a long time ago on the chat someone said it'd be better if I didn't. I think it would make me feel a bit better though in the meantime before srs. I'd go to a doctor, of course. It will have to be a while from now since I'm too young. I guess that's good though since it'll give me time to decide for sure. Anyway, would it be better to not do it?

• Admin

If you are planning on GCS it would be wise to look at how your potential providers view the situation. It will affect the scrotal tissue that figures into vaginal depth or even labial structure. More and more Trans* women are electing to have that procedure and nothing else, and it is becoming accepted as "full surgical transition" even among the older hardline "GCS is the only solution" folks. Do your research and evaluate your goals carefully, and be an individual with consultation with your caregivers.

I know, not much of an answer to your question.

I have read on the website of a surgeon in Thailand that he doesn't need that much tissue and I believe he said that you could have an orchiectomy (removal of testicles) beforehand, and it wouldnt be a problem for vaginaplasty in the future. but i forgot what surgeon. so, i would ask a bunch of surgeons, or look at their surgery FAQ

Guest clearleeraines

I have been pondering this option too. I am having a bad time with spiro. My Dr stated in the past that orchi was the only other option. I am under the belief that the boys do more than just produce T. For health reasons I question removal, However I know very little, Perhaps blockers are a bigger threat ??? I only have medi-cal at the moment, an I am over 50, present androgyne, as I would never pass without ffs and i cannot afford that anytime soon if ever. oh well I have time yet. I see my gp in the morn and i am gonna ask for more options and see where my T is now. God bless Clear.

• Forum Moderator

This is an issue best discussed with your therapist and your surgeon. I had an orchiectomy and will leave my surgeries at that point for several reasons.

I have severe heart disease that makes surgery very risky. An orchi. allowed me to stop the blockers. It is somewhat easier to tuck but that isn't the issue. I am married and have been for 44+ years. She isn't interested in me having a vagina and i don't plan a boyfriend. I would have to do all the maintenance required and for little gain after surgery that could very well kill me if i found a surgeon willing to do the work.(dubious)

Each of us is different. This might be or may not be right for you. Only you with help and careful consideration of all the alternatives and your motivations can make that decision.

Hugs,

Charlize

I keep looking at the title thinking that doesn't apply to me? Jody, your post op! Dah!!! The boys lost their life somewhere in the mix. Giggle.

I love no more Spiro. I thought about orchi for a long time. I was almost there and then surgery fell into my lap. My estrogen level is crazy for the moment. Dropped off to post menopausal. I need it lower to keep lactating, but not that low.

Check with PAI, Dr Preecha seems to be able to work with any condition down there. I was very happy with my service.