• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Some random and awesome clothes news :)

ok, so I found the perfect pants. They are black, size 9, tight fit and they fit so perfect. I'm very excited tonight just to see in the mirroir a perfectly round bottom in those pants :) :) :) very sexy, lol

I would love to put a equally tight top to show all of this but I have some unwanted bumper in front soo yeah, tunic it is :P

anyway I wanted to share my totally girly moment

I think I tried like 10 tops before choosing one, was hesitating and asking my ex-so and coloc what is best

it's awesome to have some self esteem and be confortable in my skin

• Admin

The ultimate fantasy fulfilled is when you can go into a store's fitting room and just try stuff on without fear or guilt. Do not rely on a single size too heavily and suck it in when you must go up a size. I am fully transitioned and do get to spend time in the fitting room trying things on, and what I have learned is that in one size, I look like heck, but the same pattern two sizes up looks SOOOOOO good. Have a back up person who also has a sense of style for you, shopping is ALWAYS more fun with a friend.

• Forum Moderator

What a lovely way to pamper yourself. Finding that perfect size is best done in the comfort of a dressing room. I'm amazed at the variations in sizes that seem to "fit". I also love to shop with someone else. My taste can run to the racy and at 67 i'm best off toning that down a bit.

I'm glad your able to be yourself as well Soliloque. What fun!

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest Clair Dufour

Size 9 that's what I call Thingendered! We should all be so lucky. At our monthly drag show this week, one of the TG girls who is 5-8 and size six came out with not more than a bikini. Even the big plus size girls, who just drag, looked great. The secret is fashion sense and, if they don't have it, they work together and find people people who do. There are always professional hair and makeup people back stage helping out. If ex-SO does not and many women don't, find people who do. There's a lot of French fashion in PQ. Rue St. Cathrine Montreal is like being in Paris. Even if too expensive I'm sure there are knockoffs. Unless your in Rimouski I'm sure there are Soires de Drag where you can meet people who know fashion. Its hard and expensive to experiment alone.

I'm quite ok on the fashion side (in fact better then my mother/sister and ex-so, ahem, they would not like to hear that, haha). I'm trying to find my style, what i'm comfortable with. The last thing I want is ask someone else how to dress and look. I think that most of the time my looks are ok. The more time passes, the more of my clothes are great and to my liking. (instead making compromises with given clothes)

I discovered that for me there's a lot of mental power to be gained from looking myself in the mirror and thinking i'm looking good.

for me, this must come from myself, my own unique style.