Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carolyn Marie

Caitlyn Jenner Expresses Interest In U.S. Senate Run

9 posts in this topic

I'm not sure that i could support her as so many of the things her party stand for are repugnant to me but i'd have to see her platform.  At least she would be a voice for trans* rights in her party.

Hugs,

Charlize

No can do!  Jenner just turns my stomach.  I can't help but see everything she does as being decisive in some way.  Plus, I think it would be a total waste.  She had no real public appeal before...and less now. 

Same here.  She has a stage to make a point and that is good but her party's basic tenants are counter to what I want in a politician.  Sorry but no thanks.

Jani

I can think of more appropriate candidates. It is my thought that she's doing this for sensationalism. Not for any civic pride.

ME

Unless she moves to another state, her chance of success is nil.  I can't see Californians electing a Republican to the Senate.  Perhaps she can run for mayor of Malibu.  Gotta start somewhere, right?

Carolyn Marie

My eyeballs are rolling like the wheels on a Las Vegas slot machine.  I hope they do not line up for a jackpot for her.  I have to speak with a more gracious tone toward her since she has made significant monetary donations to two Trans* organizations that I am connected with, and will attend one of their functions a month from now.  She had done this before though, and I am lucky that I was not in the fore ground with those of my friends she actually had contact with at them.  Will my luck hold out??  Only time will tell!! 

1 hour ago, VickySGV said:

I have to speak with a more gracious tone toward her since she has made significant monetary donations to two Trans* organizations that I am connected with, and will attend one of their functions a month from now.  .

Shelling out money to the "downtrodden" is an easy thing to do, and helps with her street cred.  In the end, though, its all about the benefit to her.  She doesn't do anything just for its own good, IMO.  I don't blame you for wanting to keep your distance, Vicky.

Carolyn Marie

@Carolyn Marie  Actually, the two groups do not really fit the "downtrodden" image that possibly SHOULD be getting a chunk of her cash, but both of them do make their members aware of those members of our tribe and in their own ways work for the actual "social justice" end of things.  You are right that they do make for better press, but I do have my agenda as well, and if being gracious is necessary, I will be gracious to "old Nick" themself. I am not an apologist for her or excusing her and her ilk, but I have no time to be wasting on her otherwise with wrath and disgust.  As I said above about her presence in the same geographic coordinates that I am in --

7 hours ago, VickySGV said:

I am lucky that I was not in the fore ground with those of my friends she actually had contact with at them.  Will my luck hold out??  Only time will tell!