• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Two Truths and a Lie?

Dev

• Admin

Hello!

Now that I have time to be social, I'd like to get to know the folks who participate here.  Two truths and a lie is a fun little game I've used before to help with that.  I've never tried it in a forum, but why not? The game is simple: I'll post three things about myself.  If you'd like to play along, comment with a guess as to which one of those three things is an utter, shameful lie, along with three things about yourself, one of which isn't true.  Here we go!

1. When I was working, I was "Miss Fix-It."  The company handed me failing business units so I could turn them around into productive teams.
  2. I have a beautiful dog and four adorable cats.
  3. I take more than ten prescription meds daily for various things.

Your turn! :D 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev

• Jani

• Charlize

• MaryEllen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll go with 3 as the lie.. 

1. While out for surgery I got a promotion.

2. I have a 2010 Pt Cruiser.

3. I worked at a veterinary clinic in HS as a kennel assistant.

• Admin

Hmm.  For you, Marcie, I'm going to say there's a lie in number two somewhere. 

I'll wait and see how many others want to play before I reveal all. :D 

• Forum Moderator

Dev, I thought it was #2.  

Marcie, #2 is a lie.

For me:

1. I like to sew

2. I can fix anything

3. I love roller coasters

• Admin

I may be projecting myself onto you, Jani, but I'm going to say your number three is a big fat lie. :lol:  

• Forum Moderator

Oh am I really that transparent?   You got me.   

My wife and son love them.  They terrify me!

Jani

• Admin

Jani hit the nail on the head for me.  I'm not a crazy cat lady.  Yet.  I have one beautiful dog and just one adorable cat. :) 

camileaf.jpg

Hashbrown Sleeping.jpg

cami.jpg

Edited by Dev
Let's not break the board with the size of the images, Dev...

I will try. 

1) I won an honorable mention on my first quilt at the state fair. 

2)I am a computer whiz and work with computers. 

3) I work on a farm repairing things and doing what no one else will do. 

It looks like a fun game. Thanks for sharing. 

• Admin

Good ones, Rachael.  You made it hard to guess!  I'm going to have to say number two is the lie, because in my mind quilting and farming go together.

• Forum Moderator

That's what i would have guessed Dev.  

Rachel i have to agree with Dev here your not a confuser wiz.

Here is mine.

1.  I had an art show called "Glass Quilts"

2. I produce over 45 gals. of maple syrup here in NJ each year.

3. We farm sheep.

Hugs,

Charlize

Let's see...  I'd say for Rachael it's #2 also.  From Iowa where there's lots of quilts and lots of farms, but not lots of computers.  LOL

For you Charlize, I'd say #1 although I can't remember if you said you had chickens and goats or chickens and sheep.  But I know you've got a farm.  And while not exactly famous for maple syrup, I've seen maple syrup from NJ in the past so I'm going to believe you on that one.  Although 45 gallons is a LOT of syrup.  You'd have to tap a lot of trees to make that much.  I change my mind.  I'm going to say #3 is a lie instead. 

For me, I'm going to share these:

1. I graduated from HS at 16 and drove across the country to start college.

2. I'm into woodworking and made all of our furniture.

3. I love running and trail hiking.

I am with Briana, you farm goats Charlize. Racheal, I am going to go with 1. You probably won it. :)

Brianna, I am going to say 2, since not all furniture is made out of wood.

• Admin

@Charlize - sheep?  I'm trying to remember what I've seen you say in the past about the farm.  I think I'm going to have to go with number two being your lie.  You farm, and my brain doesn't want to call a maple syrup outfit a farm.  Watch me be wrong about that.  These are getting harder!  I love it!

@Briana - You gave us an easy one with number three, since running and hiking are the first things listed in your interests at the left of your posts.  I think I'll go with number two being your lie.  If it's actually true, I'd love to see pictures of some of your work!

• Forum Moderator

Charlize, maple syrup is a lie.

Brianna, graduating at 16 is a lie. 

It's #2 computers and I do not get along well some days.i did get a ribbon at the fair. 

Charlize, 

#3 you have mentioned sheep in past posts if memory serves me. 

Briana,  

#2 I can see you doing woodworking but all of your furniture ? If you did then you did good. I think it's possible to graduate early rare but doable. 

• Forum Moderator

Ok i'll say #2 for Briana.  

1,  I did have a show called Glass Quilts

2,  We make anywhere from 45 to 60 gals of syrup from over 350 taps on vacuum using both an RO machine and a wood fired evaporator.

3.  16 of our GOATS are going to be sacrificed on the farm over this Islamic holiday.  We are vegetarians but try to provide for others who love goat meat and need it for their religious life (the sacrifice of Abraham).  We also try to give our animals a wonderful life.

Hugs,

Charlize

Fun post!  My "lie" is #2.  I've built some, but not all for sure.  As for school, I stared just before I turned 5 based on the way the starting age structure was set up.  I was the 2nd youngest in my class.  "Kathy" was the youngest  by one day.  From there I took extra classes each quarter plus tested out of some the basics.  I had to wait to graduate till I was 16 due to drivers ed which was a requirement at the time where we lived.   

1.  At a house of ill-repute, while I was sleeping off a night of imbibing, all of my clothes were stolen.

2.  As a country music DJ, I generated a crowd scene by repeatedly denying that Hank Williams, Junior, was eating at a local fried chicken  outlet.

3.  In my high school yearbook, I was voted "Most Humorous".

It's Number 3.

I didn't (and still don't) think Larry Jacks was all that funny.  They put me in an ill-fitting pharmacist smock, handed me a test tube and snapped my picture as "Most Intellectual".  I've never gotten over it.

• Forum Moderator

:D:D:applause:    You were probably the funniest in that picture alone.  They just didn't see it.  

Hugs,

Charlize

• Root Admin

1-It was noted in my high school yearbook that I had a talent for blowing things up

2- I have been married for nearly 60 years

3- I was once lost in a forest for 3 days