• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Brendon.J.R

A little confused

Brendon.J.R

------You can skip this if you want-------

Hi, I have just joined this forum in hopes to cement my feelings when it comes to my gender.

I am 17 and was assigned female at birth but never felt truly fully connected to that gender. Even as a baby, not even 5 months old I would refuse to wear dresses though that is probably just a fussy baby thing, age two until 5 I would run around asking where my male genitalia had gone according to my mum. My earliest memory of realisation that I wasn't happy with my gender was age 11 ish, when I had to start doing more feminine things, wearing bras was a big one, my friends around me were all excited about it but I wasn't ready, I refused for a long time. Another time was the first time aunt flow came to visit if ya know what I mean, I cried for hours worried that I was becoming a woman but I was made to believe that was just hormones.

Age 16 I was watching a documentary about a young person (I forget their age, I believe they were 11) I think they were MTF but I remember realising what transgender was, I began looking into it a few months later and relating to most if not all of the things that others mentioned and piecing it all together.

---------------------------------------------------------

BUT

Here is where I am confused. I'm not 100% detached to my female gender, I hate almost everything about it but there is still that "it's always been what others call me" saying in my head. I am not yet out to anyone offline and have only just started going by he/him pronouns online last night and I am wondering if I'm meant to feel a little odd about it at first, if it's something you have to adjust to or am I just genderfluid, non-binary or other? it's all very scary and confusing to me and I feel a little lost. I feel more male then female and I don't mind when people use female pronouns because well, I'm not out and I defiantly look more female.

Brendon.J.R

I tried to edit this post because I pressed post before finishing but I couldn't find a way but by "I don't mind when people call me female" I don't mean I enjoy going by that but I won't correct anyone if that makes sense, I know how I feel about my gender but to anyone else I appear female. I would love to begin binding and dressing more male but I feel I need to come out before doing that and it's a scary thought.

Carolyn Marie

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Brendon.

I don't think you should be concerned about having conflicting feelings about gender.  Many of us had such feelings, some for a long time, before we finally got our heads around it and accepted that it is who and what we are.  Changing genders, even if just an internal thought process right now, is scary and intimidating and a cause for all kinds of anxiety.

If I were you, I would read a lot of the posts here, look at YouTube tutorials and blogs, and get a feel for what others are or have gone through.  You;ll find that you are not alone.  This is a process of self discovery, and its different for everyone.

If you have the chance to seek out a gender therapist, you might want to think about that.  They can help guide you along the journey.  They won't tell you what to feel or think, but they can help you make sense out of it, and give you a chance to talk about your concerns, your dreams, and your options.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

KatrinaReann

Welcome to the group Brendon! I can't add anything to what Carolyn just said. So reread her post...lol... but I am here to help in any way I can!

tracy_j

Hi Brendon

Welcome to the forum :)

Do not be too worried about your feelings. There is no single way anyone of us feels as we are all different. One thing to remember though is that if you have been brought up living in one gender for many years, then suddenly changing to live as another does feel unusual. It is similar in ways to changing the way of doing anything. It takes time.

Almost all of the time now I live and am fully dressed female, even though a large percentage of people I know still see me as male. I regard myself as androgyne / female and appear that way outwardly even though I have little body dysphoria and am not contemplating permanent physical change. One thing this brings (apart from a complex social situation :?) is that on the odd occasion (weddings and funerals?) that I do wear male clothes socially I now feel I am cross dressing and it feels rather odd and slightly uncomfortable.

Time can make all the difference

Tracy

Brendon.J.R

Thank you all for your kind words and support it means a lot, I have been watching videos and looking into things for many months now and do believe I am male and have found myself accepting it easier then female pronouns online already. I will keep all your words of advice close and once again, thank you!

MaryEllen

Hello Brendon,

Welcome to TransPulse. :)  Thank you for sharing with us.  My advice would also be to seek counseling with a gender therapist. He or she could help clarify your thoughts on just where you stand in the gender spectrum.

MaryEllen

Charlize

Hi Brendon,   I'm glad you have joined us here.  I found reading about others and being able to respond to them helped me find myself as well.  Therapy was also a great help and helped me to accept myself.  The wonderful thing is there is no timeline involved.  At times i only wanted everything resolved but i learned to try to relax and enjoy the discoveries as they came.

Enjoy your journey.  It is a gift if a difficult one at times.

Hugs,

Charlize

Jani

Hi Brendon

A couple thoughts on your post. 

15 hours ago, Brendon.J.R said:

just started going by he/him pronouns online last night and I am wondering if I'm meant to feel a little odd about it at first, if it's something you have to adjust to

Well certainly you do have to adjust and it most likely will feel a little odd at first.  We don't just change like flipping a light switch.  TL:DR Don't worry about this.

15 hours ago, Brendon.J.R said:

am I just genderfluid, non-binary or other? it's all very scary and confusing to me and I feel a little lost.

Maybe.  Only you know the answer to this question.  When and if you can get to a therapist (we all recommend it) they will help you with this.  Not by giving you the answer but by having a conversation with you, and asking questions that will help you determine where you fit on the gender scale.  In the meantime you can do a lot of reading and research on your own to move yourself along.  Unlike when many of us were younger there is a lot of information here and elsewhere that will be helpful. 

Jani 

MarcieMarie12

In my questioning phase, I did wonder if I was bi-gender/genderfluid or not. It took a weekend not as "him" to realize I did not want to go back to being him in anyway.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• Anna75
    • Jani
    • VickySGV
    • CyndiRae
    • Natalie86
    • ChelseaAnn
    • Cela
    • Sandra6sandy9sand
  • Who Was Online

101 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • Anna75
    • Jani
    • VickySGV
    • CyndiRae
    • Natalie86
    • BrandiBri
    • ChelseaAnn
    • Cela
    • Sandra6sandy9sand
    • Maid In Bedlam
    • Cthorne
    • Roberta-Belinda
    • MaryEllen
    • Kris
    • Petra Jane
    • Martyn
    • Marbabar
    • Noelia6
    • stbSusan
    • EnbieCutie
    • jae bear
    • JJ
    • Kirsten
    • Jojo
    • Charlize
    • MaryMary
    • DrumbeatAlex
    • Julie J
    • KeiraC
    • KoreyA
    • Laxmi Siriwat
    • ejen
    • Janeshannon
    • Sharon Aml
    • doni
    • tracy_j
    • PaulaPlaytex
    • Emilio
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Clara84
    • samuel
    • claire1000
    • DenimAndLace
    • gski
    • Annie
    • Rachael
    • Xavier/Aria
    • Lizzie McTrucker
    • Amy joey
    • Queenie
    • Luna L
    • Abigail3051
    • Lauryn Michelle
    • Avra
    • Erika_E
    • Dev
    • Paul Rankeillor
    • Carly murr
    • Elyssia
    • Amy LeBlanc
    • Dakota16
    • Miae_Flame
    • Naomi Knowles
    • Ravin
    • Leo ray
    • Lina
    • Cmattison
    • Jill55
    • JBfox
    • Tommyftm
    • Willow
    • Laura Beth
    • Sydneyblue
    • ChickenLittle
    • April
    • Cluck1992
    • Myka.L
    • Rowan
    • Timber Wolf
    • Terry
    • Briana
    • 001dmc23
    • Connor_isnt.ok
    • Cheyenne skye
    • Casi
    • Jennifer 123
    • RikkiWilson
    • jade2003bs
    • ironemerson77
    • Cat Lady Kelly
    • Nikki5feet3
    • TiaMaria
    • AngieGirl
    • Steve Stewart
    • Falnone
    • Michelle F
    • Regn
    • Lukas
    • DraiksWrath
    • KymmieL
    • barbra e
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

EnbieCutie
    Newest Member
    EnbieCutie

1. JadeyCat
      JadeyCat
    2. Snow Princess Sophie
      Snow Princess Sophie
      (27 years old)
    • Jani
      Hello Chelsea and welcome.  I think you'll find friends here who can support you.  Please join in the conversation and post your own questions or observations.  I'm glad to hear your family life has returned to order.   Having a supportive family is great.   Jani 
    • VickySGV
      Go to Live Chat, either on the Main Page link at the left top of the page here, or through the more direct Live Chat link at the right edge of it. 
    • Jani
      I'm glad your life is back to normal.  That is what we all seek.  Your family sounds as if they are really trying.  Good for them! 
        Jani
    • CyndiRae
    • Jani
    • CyndiRae
      FYI,   https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/20/health/arizona-trans-woman-cvs-pharmacist-prescription-trnd/index.html   The article went on to say the pharmacist no longer works there. But it took filing a report to the state agency there.    How distressing.....      
    • Natalie86
      Hi Chelsea         Wow, I am happy things are finally going so well for you. I am not sure what I am just yet I was born male and know that I feel female. I am still on a road of discovery about myself. If you'd like to talk I'll listen.      Natalie
    • ChelseaAnn
      How do I join the server?
    • ChelseaAnn
      I am an avid MTG player, even though I've slowed down on my purchases due to saving money. Anyone else play? I've bought cards recently from Dominaria, but I'd love to find people to play with, maybe via Skype? I font play the online version, because, well... $$$. I also prefer the feel of a real card over a mouse.
    • ChelseaAnn
      Hello everyone, my name is Chelsea. I was born male but dream to be female. That dream is getting closer, but has been snagged from me a few times.    I'll keep things short, because I have a blog which describes things in more detail if you're interested. I came out back in 2013, only a few months after my son was born. I was cross dressing while my wife was at work and my son slept. I came to a realization that I wouldn't be able to hide it forever, and took the big step.   After nearly divorcing, my life is back on track and my wife and I have a five year old and a two year old. I have a great job, which isn't aware of my plans yet. Transition is only a few years away, even though I was weeks away from starting at the beginning of last year.   I was suicidal not long after I came out, and have only had thoughts a few times since, when large snags came up that made it seem like I'd never be able to transition. I'm good now though.   I came here to seek new friends and discuss things, as well as help those who are where I was five years ago. I'd really like to have a few friends who are trans or anything on the spectrum. I have some great friends (read family) who are 100% supportive, but only 2 who are under the trans community. So I am really looking for someone to be able to talk to who I can be openly honest and understanding with.
    • Cthorne
      So many things are going on now.   I'm Callum 100% of the time including at work (that was scary but it makes me feel so good! Except when my boss asks awkward questions in front of everyone and decides that I must have issues with my "downstairs" Her and a male co-worker were joking about certain parts of his body but anyway) My whole family call me Callum 24/7  there are still a few mix ups but those that are finding it difficult call me CJ (Callum James) I can finally bind!!(I only do it when I leave the house.) So happy altho I've noticed that it hurts when I take it off, I don't have any pain while wearing my binder, is this nomal? I was very very very surprised but my family bought up the idea of us going to the pride parade... I wasn't even going to mention it but they said it looks interesting and have now decided we are going to two different ones. We're going to the one at the end of this month because a distant family member goes to the same one with her gay son, shes offered to show us around and then the second one is in the place we live very excited!! The whole family is going!! Even my brothers who were very "no no no" When I joked about it when I came out to them.   I just... I don't have the words... This is amazing and I find myself worried I'm going to wake up and its all a dream. I don't wanna get too used to it in case it all goes wrong or gets wrecked (I hope this makes sense)   I did have a very strange moment and I was just wondering if anyone gets what I mean or if I'm just imaging it but as I said Callum  mode 24/7 but last week I had to go back to my female clothing and its like all my awkwardness and hating myself came back, my confidence just faded away... I could feel myself not wanting to be a part of the world and I felt so down.... Does this make sense? Now I'm back to normal and I'm the life of the party again lol What a strange life I lead.   Any thoughts folks?   *happy contented sigh*
    • MaryEllen
      It's been done.
    •  Roberta-Belinda
      Hello Mary Ellen.Yes,please change my name back to Roberta-Belinda,Thank you so much.
    •  Roberta-Belinda
      For the first time in all my 46 years of dressing as a girl,I have gone without wearing tights.The weather here in the Uk has been so warm for so many weeks it is not practical to wear hose.I love my tights as they make my legs look great but I have not minded going bare legged.Tights can be very uncomfortable im warm weather.Most women over here do not wear tights in this hot weather.As it is always my intention to emulate genetic women I am happy to dress like they do in the summer.Without tights I wear open toed sandles and mules.It's funny in male mode when I am out I never wear mens ooen toed sandals or flip flops and wear shoes with socks.I have never been comfortable in displaying feet.However,in female mode I do not mind doing this.Must be something to do with the duality of crossdressing.
    • MaryEllen
      Hello Roberta,   I can change your name if you'd like. I assume it would be Roberta-Belinda. I'll hold off until you've seen this so you won't have any problems signing in next time.
  • Upcoming Events